Maharashtra Neet Counselling 2020 : The NEET 2020 finally took place on 13th September, 2020. The National Testing Agency is the conducting authority of the exam country wide. It is important for a candidate to get qualifying marks. Then only he/she is eligible for the counselling process. Also students are now eagerly waiting for the results to come. Shortly, the NTA will also publish the official answer key for NEET 2020.Once the results are declared, different state authorities will start the counselling process. Students who are the confide residents of a sate can participate in that state’s counseling. Simultaneously, the national level counseling will also commence.
Maharashtra counselling – NEET 2020 :
The Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai is the nodal agency to conduct the state level counseling for Maharashtra. Once, NTA declares the results, the counseling will begin. The DMER will conduct 3 rounds of counseling including a mop-up round. The NEET 2020 counseling offers seats in MBBS, BDS, Ayush courses around the country. The DMER will provide the state level merit list. It is compulsory that a candidate must secure the minimum qualifying marks in order to be eligible for the state level counseling. There are around 8850 MBBS and 3444 BDS seats available in Maharashtra.
|Online Registration||Second week of October|
|Last date to register||Second Week Of oct|
|Document verification for NRI Candidate at Grant Govt. Medical College, Byculla, Mumbai only||21st Oct – 24th Oct 2020|
|Publication of Provisional merit list||28th October 2020|
|Choice Filling||30th Oct 2020|
|Counselling Round 1||First Week of November|
|Result of Round 1||First Week Of Nov|
|Second Round of Counselling||10th November 2020|
Note : Due to COVID – 19 now NEET 2020 going to held on 13th September . Here you can check MBBS admission tentative dates.
Expected cut-off for NEET 2020:
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Expected score|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||133-120|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||119-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||119-107|
List of top MCI approved medical colleges in Maharashtra are :
- ACPM Medical College, Dhule.
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
- B. J. Govt. Medical College, Pune.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College & Hospital, Sangli .
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College, Pune.
- Dr Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College, Solapur.
- Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur.
- Dr. Panjabrao Alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
- Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded.
- Dr. Ulhas Patil Medical College & Hospital, Jalgaon.
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad .
- Government Medical College, Nagpur.
- Govt. Medical College , Latur.
- Govt Medical College, Akola .
- Govt. Medical College, Mira.
- Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha.
- KJ Somaiyya Medical College & Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad.
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai .
- Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Latur .
- Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education & Research, Pune .
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha.
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions Medical College, Navi Mumbai.
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil Medical College, Pimpri, Pune.
- Padmashri Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Foundations Medical College, Ahmednagar.
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical College and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital, Thane.
- Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College and General Hospital, Pune.
- Sri Bhausaheb Hire Government Medical College, Dhule
- Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai .
Domicile rule for Maharashtra neet counselling
The aspirant must be the domicile of Maharashtra. here as per previous year you can below pdf in details. Click here to download pdf
Maharashtra NEET cutoff – 2019, 2018
After declaration of neet result you will get to know either you will be getting admission or not in India or abroad. So make sure do analysis last year cut off before neet 2020 result.
NEET 2019 scores
cutoff scores (2018)
Unreserved PH (UR-PH)
Important steps in counselling:
- The qualifying candidates must register for the state level counselling process.
- He/she will have to sit for counselling in online mode.
- The candidates will fill up the choices as per their preferences.
- Candidate has to fill a minimum of 1 choice.
- However the maximum number of choices is upto 300
- Seat allotment is as per his/her score and rank.
- He/she can simultaneously take part in the national level counselling too.
- If he/she is not satisfies will the first round result, they can sit for another round of counselling too.
- The choice may/may not be upgraded in the 2nd level of counseling.
- At the end of the 3 rounds, the university/college allotment will be final.
- He/she will then report in that college for admission.
Document verification :
Once the DMER calls the qualifying candidates, they have to first verify their documents. Several academic as well as personal documents will be first verified. Some of the important documents are :
- Neet score card.
- Counselling registration form.
- Neet admit card.
- Domicile certificate.
- 10th and 12th class marksheets.
- Transfer certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
- Original photo ID (Aadhar card)
- Caste certificate(if any)
- PwD certificate(if any)
- Nationality certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Copy of Maharashtra MBBS application form.
NOTE: During reporting to the allotted college/university another verification will be done as well.
Reservation criteria :
|Category||State Quota||Private Unaided Institutions/ colleges|
|Scheduled Caste and SC converted to Buddhism (SC)||13.0%||6.5%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7%||3.5%|
|Vimukta Jati (VJ) DT-A||3%||1.5%|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-1) NT-B||2.5%||1.25%|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-2) NT-C||3.5%||1.75%|
|Nomadic Tribes (NT-3) NT-D||2%||1%|
|OBC and Special Backward Classes||19%||9.5%|
frequently asked questions (FAQs)
There are 3 rounds of counselling – Round-1, Round-2, For any seats that remain vacant, there are mop-up rounds and stray rounds.
Not refundable .
The counselling will commence from first week on June or from 02 October .
After the first week of October 2020.