Karnataka Common Entrance Test ( KCET ) 2021 is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. KCET Exam determines the eligibility and merit of the candidates for admission to various engineering, science and agricultural courses across the state of Karnataka. There are different eligibility criteria for different courses.
About kcet 2021 and notification
KCET 2021 is a State-Level Test. The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the KCET Exam but the eligibility criteria for Medical and Architecture are different. Candidates can check the revised date through the official website ( https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/ ).
Through this article, candidates come to know important topics like Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
Read More: 11 Tips to Crack JEE Main 2021 | Tips and Tricks for IIT JEE
EXAM DATE OF KCET 2021
Candidates who are going to appear for the exam must check the important dates of KCET 2021.
The Dates can be tentative.
|Commencement of Registration||1st week of February, 2021|
|End date to submit Application Form||1st week of March, 2021|
|Payment of Application Fees last date||2nd week of March, 2021|
|Availability Date of Admit Card||2nd week of April, 2021|
|Exam Date||3rd week of April, 2021|
REGISTRATION OF KCET 2021
There are following steps to apply for KCET 2021:
- First, candidates have to mention their Nationality.
- If candidates appear for the 2nd time of PUC then candidates have to mention a 13 digit student number which is assigned by PUE Department.
- After this candidates have to mention the details like Candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail ID, user-ID, password, re-enter, secret question, answer, security code, re-enter security code.
- Then click on the Submit button.
- Application number and User ID will be sent through the registered Email ID and mobile number.
- On the login page, enter user ID, password, security code, and click on the ‘login’ button to apply for the exam.
Read More: SRMJEEE 2021: Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus &Exam Pattern
Read More: VITEEE 2021: Application Form,Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus &Exam Pattern
KCET 2021 FEES
Candidates can make payment of Application Form in both ways; offline and online mode. The Application Form can only be filled via online mode.
|GM/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A / 3B candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST Category-1 / Females of Karnataka candidates only||Rs. 250|
|Outside India candidates||Rs. 5000|
|Outside Karnataka state candidates||Rs. 750|
EXAM PATTERN OF KCET 2021
Candidates who are going to appear for the KCET 2021 Exam must know the Exam Pattern of the Exam. Knowing the pattern of the exam will help in your preparation and you can make strategy accordingly.
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Objective based|
|Time duration of exam||80 minutes for each paper|
|Total Marks||180 Marks|
- Candidates are given one marks for each correct answer
- There is no negative marking.
SYLLABUS OF KCET 2021
The syllabus of the KCET 2021 Exam is prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
The candidates who want to score well in the exam with good strategy, they must know the syllabus.
Mathematics for PUC 1st year
- Introduction to 3D Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Principles of mathematical induction
- Complex number and quadratic equation
- Linear inequality
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
Mathematics for PUC 2nd year
- Inverse Trigonometric Function
- Application of Integrals
- Linear Programming
Physics for PUC 1st year
- Physical World
- Units and Measurement
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Mechanical properties of solids ad fluids
- Kinetic Energy
Physics for PUC 2nd year
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Communication system
Chemistry for PUC 1st year
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- Classification of Elements and periodicity in properties
- Redox Reaction
- S-Block element
- Some p-Block element
- Environmental chemistry
Chemistry for PUC 2nd year
- Solid state
- Surface chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Coordination compound
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohol phenol and ether
- Organic compound containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in every day life
Biology for PUC 1st year
- Body fluid and circulation
- Excretory Products and their Elimination
- Locomotion and Movement
- Neural Control and Co-ordination
- Photosynthesis in Higher plants
- Respiration in Plants
- Plant growth and development
- Digestion and Absorption
- Morphology of flowering plants
- Anatomy and Flowering Plants
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Living World
- Biological classification
- Plant kingdom
- Breathing and Exchange of Gases
Biology for PUC 2nd year
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotech: Principles and Processes
- Biotech: Application
- Organism and Population
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health