The MBBS (Bachhelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery) is one of the most demanding UG degrees aspired by a number of students. Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for getting admission across various medical colleges in the country. The seats are supposed to increase by 5-10% every year in colleges. Even then there is always a huge rush for getting a MBBS seat in a college. Due to lack of few marks sometimes candidates fail to grab a seat in a a medical admission. For them, the Direct MBBS admission in Puducherry still holds a chance towards fulfilling their ambition to become a doctor. It is one of the most prestigious and highest paid jobs in countries like India.
Note : Due to COVID – 19 now NEET 2020 going to held on 13th September . Here you can check MBBS admission tentative dates.
Direct MBBS admission in Puducherry
In the state Direct MBBS admission in Puducherry is done through the management quota counselling. A candidate who is a bonafide citizen of a state can apply for its management quota seat in his/her respective state. But again for direct MBBS admission, a candidate must qualify the all India level NEET UG examination. Also he/she must have an aggregate 50%( general) and 40% ( SC/ST/OBS) in 12th boards examination in PCB (physics,chemistry.biology) and English or any equivalent examination. MBBS includes a 4½ year of academic tenure and 1 year of internship tenure.
Puducherry MBBS direct admission Counselling
- MBBS Direct admission in Puducherry through management quota is provided to Students in the Mop-up Round of counselling.
- Centralized Admission Committee will publish the Puducherry neet 2020 Counselling Notification on CENTAC .
- Students have to register on the website and submit the registration fee through internet banking.
- Candidates can fill online choices by using their registration number and transaction Id and through registered mobile number.
- Candidates have to fill their choices as per their priority. They can fill choices as many as they can for the Puducherry direct MBBS Admission.
- Management quota admission is not possible in Government colleges.
|Get Direct Puducherry MBBS Admission 2020 Update via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below: |
MBBS Direct admission in Puducherry :
The direct MBBS admission 2020 in Puducherry will be provided through management quota seats in recognized universities by the MCI (Medical Council of India). List of Universities in Puducherry for MBBS Admission are as follows :
The colleges that are participating in the Puducherry MBBS Admission 2020 is as follows-
|Name of the college||Number of seats|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||105|
|Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, Mahe||042|
|Mahatma Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||029|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry||100|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College& Research Institute, Puducherry||250|
|Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||55|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry||150|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry||55|
|Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||55|
|Vinayaka Mission‟s Medical College & Hospital, Karaikal||100|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||150|
|Mahe Institute of Dental Sciences, Mahe||50|
|Sri Venkateshwara Dental College, Puducherry||50|
Read More : Direct MBBS Admission In Karnataka
Steps in registering under management quota:
- Candidate has to register separately for the management quota seat.
- After registration, the candidates have to do their document verification
- Once NEET results 2020 are declared, the Puducherry Government will prepare the state merit list as per the UG NEET scores.
- Candidates will then fill up their choice as per preference and lock them in time.
- Once final college is declared, candidates will have to report to respective allotted colleges.
List of essential documents :
The NEET UG is finally going to be conducted nation wide on 13th September across different centers in the country. A candidate who qualifies the NEET examination will require the following documents for councelling and further admission after registration :
- Registration form print out.
- NEET 2020 admit card.
- NEET 2020 score card.
- Original photo ID.
- 1Oth AND 12th original mark sheets.
- Bonafide certificate.
- Passport size photographs as given in the NEET admit card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Migration letter.
- PH certificate(if available).
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) :
No, qualifying the NEET exam is must for getting MBBS Admission In India and Abroad .
Around 260 seats are there under management quota in Puducherry.
During the month of October,the registration process will begin.
Yes , through management you can get direct mbbs admission.