There are many aspirants who are going to give the XAT 2021 Exam and they also eagerly want to know the XAT 2021 Exam. This exam is for those aspirants who want to ace their career in the management field. All you need to know about XAT 2021 at one place.
About XAT 2021 Exam
XAT 2021 (Xavier Aptitude Test) is conducted by XLRI (Xavier School of Management) on behalf of XAMI. XAT is a national level test which is connected to select the most appropriate students for management education.
There are the following cities in which XAT 2021 will be conducted:
Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
Important Dates About XAT
Given below is the table which shows the important dates is XAT 2021 Exam
|Release of XAT 2021 Notification||September 7, 2020|
|Beginning of XAT 2021 application process||September 12, 2020|
|Last date to fill the XAT 2021 application form||November 30, 2020|
|XAT 2021 admit card available||December 20, 2020|
|XAT 2021 Exam Date||January 3, 2021|
It is important for the aspirants to know the Eligibility criteria of the XAT 2021 entrance test.
- The candidates who passed their Bachelor’s degree from any course can appear for the XAT 2021.
- The candidates who are in the final year can also appear for the XAT 2021
- There is no age limit for appearing in the XAT 2021.
Notification of XAT 2021
According to the XAT 2021 notification which was released on 7th September 2021 the XAT 2021 Exam is going to be held on January 3rd, 2021 (Sunday) and the result will be declared by the end of January month according to the estimation.
- Name of the candidate or his /her Father’s name/ Mother’s name etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/ Identity proof.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- Candidates can proceed to Scan and upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines.
- Candidates can modify the details if required and then click on “SUBMIT” ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct. ‘Applicant details can not be edited once the application form is submitted after payment.’
- The photograph must be color and it must be a recent photo.
- Select the colleges as per your preference
- Select the cities to give XAT 2021 as per your preference. Candidates can choose two preference cities.
- As per the given guidelines, candidates have to upload their photo.
- To proceed payment you have to click on the payment tab.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
About Application Fees
|XAT/ Programs||Payment of fees(Rs)|
|XLRI programs (extra payment)||300/- each|
NRI/Foreign Candidates apply for one or more programs through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
Read More: CAT Preparation Tips and Strategy
XAT 2021 Syllabus
It is essential for the aspirants to know a complete syllabus of XAT before appearing for the XAT Entrance test. It has 4 sections.
|Verbal and Logical Ability|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation|
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
As per the XLRI Jamshedpur, the exam pattern of XAT exam is computer-based. The entrance test will consist of a total of 95-100 questions (varies year to year) and the total exam time duration will be 3 hours (180 minutes). It is an objective-based question paper.
For each correct answer, 1 mark will be given and a 0.25 mark will be deducted from the incorrect answer and also 0.10 mark will be deducted for eight unattempted questions is no negative marks for the GK section.
Preparation Tips for XAT 2021
To prepare well the candidates have to plan accordingly. However, do remember that there is no hard and fast rule for your preparation because it’s all upon you and your concentration level. Some preparation tips to prepare well to get top MBA colleges are:
Tip 1: know your complete syllabus because it gives you an insight to gel well with the different topics
Tip 2: Prefer only one book for different subjects because it will help you at the time of revision.
Tip 3: Preparing notes matters a lot because your each and every topic will be at one place which will really help you in revision.
Tip 4: Never lose your hope and don’t compare your ability with others and be motivated.
Tip 5: It is essential to solve the previous year question papers of XAT Exam which will give you an idea about the timing, types of questions, number of sections.
Tip 6: Giving a mock test every day is very important for time management and it helps you to know where you stand In your preparation level.
Tip 7: Analysis of the mock test matters a lot because it helps you to know your strength and weakness of the topics.
Tip 8: There can be many tips for your preparation but only you know yourself well so try to identify your ability and prepare according to that.
Tip 9 : Don’t Panic during the exam because it can hamper your thinking power and you can not work logically which can give you a negative impact also. So don’t worry, believe in your preparation.
ALL THE BEST