IBSAT 2020 : Conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (a deemed to be University) IBS Aptitude Test or IBSAT is a national level entrance examination for admission into MBA/PGPM programs. The score in the entrance examination are accepted by 9 ICFAI business school campuses. The 9 business schools are IBS Hyderabad, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Mumbai, IBS Pune, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Dehradun, and IBS Jaipur. The entrance examination is of 2 hour duration in online mode.
The minimum eligibility to sit in the examination is a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. The examination for this year will be conducted on December 26 and December 27. The application forms for IBSAT were out on July 1, 2020. The last date to apply online for the entrance examination is December 16. Candidates can apply for the examination from the official website.
Students who want to apply for IBSAT 2020 can see all the details about the examination below. They can check the important dates, eligibility and many more in this article.
IBSAT 2020 Examination Details
The examination name is ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test. The conducting body of the examination is ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education. The IBSAT convening body is ICFAI Business School. The examination will be of All India Level and it is conducted once in a year. The duration of the examination is 120 minutes and the mode of the examination is online. The pattern of the examination is Multiple Choice Question and there will be 120 minutes given to solve 140 questions. The application fee is 1800 Rupees and the language of the examination is English.
The purpose of the examination is to give admission into 9 campuses of ICFAI Business School (IBS) in Hyderabad, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Pune and Dehradun. The courses offered are MBA/PGPM. The number of test centers are 95. Approximately 25,000 students sat in the examination in the previous year.
Read More: CAT Preparation Tips and Strategy
IBSAT 2020 Important Dates
The IBSAT 2020 registration began on 1 July 2020 on the official website. The last date of application is 16 December 2020. The IBSAT 2020 examination will be held on 26 December 2020 to 27 December 2020 and will be held at 95 test centers. The result will be declared in the first week of January 2021.
IBSAT 2020 Syllabus
IBSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
As per the exam pattern of IBSAT 2020, the exam will be conducted only in English language and will be an online computer-based exam.
One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. For IBSAT 2020 there will not be any negative marking for the wrong answer.
IBSAT 2020 Eligibility
The candidate sitting in this exam will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility of this examination.
- The candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline and have achieved 50 percent or more in it.
- The medium of candidate in the graduation must be English otherwise he/she will have to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS score.
- The applicants in the final year of graduation can also sit in the examination.
- For direct admissions GMAT, CAT and NMAT score by GMAC are applicable.
Top Colleges Accepting IBSAT scores
Here are the list of top colleges which will accept the IBSAT 2020 Scores
IBSAT 2020 Admission Process
There are five steps involved in the admission process. These are given below. Candidates need to follow these steps to learn the admission process.
- Fill in the application forms which starts with creating the login ID and Password and the application form will be submitted by filling the application fee of 1800 Rupees. There are 95 test centers in which the examination will be conducted.
- Downloading the admit card- Those candidates who have filled the application forms will be able to download the admit card once released. The IBSAT 2020 admit card will be available on the official website and candidates will be able to download it by using the login id and password created while filling the application forms.
- IBSAT 2020 Examination- The candidates who have downloaded the admit cards will be able to sit in the examination which will be conducted on 26th and 27th of December 2020. The candidates will be given 120 minutes to solve 140 questions and all the questions will be objective type in nature.
- Announcement of Results- The result of IBSAT 2020 will be announced in the first week Of January 2021. Those candidates who have crossed the minimum cut-off marks will be considered as qualified. The result will be available on the official website. The qualified candidates will be called for the upcoming rounds.
IBSAT 2020 Selection Process
The shortlisted candidates will be called for Group exercise and Personal Interview where their confidence, observation skills, communication efficiency and IQ will be tested by the panelists. The final result will be released in the mid-week of March 2021. The qualified candidates will be able to take admission in the 9 business schools mentioned above.
The IBSAT Cut off levels of IBS Hyderabad remain somewhere around 65-75. While for the remaining other campuses offering courses such as MBA specialization in Finance or Marketing, OM, HRM, ITSM and PGP in Analytics. The cut-off will be above 68.
IBSAT 2020 Exam Center
The examination will take place across 95 centers all over India. The test center and timing for the examination will be mentioned in the downloaded admit card of the candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans.-IBSAT 2020 exam is conducted in Computer-based Test (CBT) mode. The exam is conducted across various test centres in India.The test duration is two hours and total number of multiple choice questions (MCQs) is 140.
Ans.-IBSAT 2019 Result has been declared. It is a Management Aptitude Test that will be conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Educational Qualification. It is conducted for the candidates aspiring for admission to the MBA or PGPM programs. It is a university level examination which offered admission to the various ICFAI business schools.
Ans.-The IBSAT 2020 bulletin/application form can be purchased by paying Rs. 1800/. The candidate can also pay the fee through the debit card, credit card or net banking. The candidate must ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.