There has been a lot of chaos nationwide regarding conducting the national level NEET UG admission. As for now, it is finally confirmed that the NEET 2020 will be held on 13th September for the academic year 2020. The Direct MBBS admission in Tamil Nadu for the same academic year will be held considering the scores in NEET 2020 exam. In India, attempting the NEET exam is compulsory to get direct admission into MBBS course across any state in the country.
A students has to get qualifying marks fin NEET. He/she must have an aggregate marks of 50% (for general) and 40%(SC/ST/OBC) in 12th boards examination in PCB (physics,chemistry and biology) stream and English or any such equivalent qualifying examination.
Note : Due to COVID – 19 now NEET 2020 going to held on 13th September . Here you can check MBBS admission tentative dates.
Direct MBBS admission Tamil Nadu
The direct MBBS admission in Tamil Nadu is done through the management quota counselling. It makes it possible for students to achieve their dream of becoming the savior of human life. At times, students lack the required marks for direct admission in NEET exam by a few marks However it is only possible for candidates who are the bonafide residents of the state to apply for MBBS course admission via this quota.
The Tamil Nadu direct MBBS admission is not any exception. Students who are the residents of the states bearing the state domicile certificate is eligible for applying in the process. Firstly, He/she must get qualifying marks in NEET UG exam and then apply for the different private and deemed universities in Tamil Nadu for consideration in management quota.
|Get Direct Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2020 Update via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below: |
There are around 24 private and deemed universities in the state that offers MBBS admission to the students across the state. A total of around 1000+ management quota seats are available in the state. However every year the seat matrix is supposed to increase than the previous academic year.
MBBS is a 5.5 years course that consists of 4.5 years of academic tenure and 1 year of internship.
Refer to know about Maharashtra admissions : Direct MBBS admission in Maharashtra
List of private medical colleges in Tamil Nadu :
|College Name||Fee Per Annum|
|SRM Medical College, Chennai||22 Lakh|
|Saveetha Medical College, Chennai||22 Lakh|
|Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai||22 Lakh|
|Sree Balaji Medical College, Chennai||24 Lakh|
|Meenakshi Medical College, Chennai||22 Lakh|
|Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram||22 Lakh|
|ACS Medical College, Chennai||23 Lakh|
|Sri Sathya Sai Medical College, Kanchipuram||18 Lakh|
|Vinayaka Mission Medical College, Salem||20 Lakh|
Counselling for direct MBBS admission :
- Direct admission in MBBS through management quota is provided to candidates in the Mop-up Round of counselling.
- The Mop-up round counselling is the 3rd and Last Stage of counselling Process of Tamil Nadu Neet Counselling .
- In individual states, you need to file your documents.
- In India a total of around 35 colleges are there. It includes Government, private as well as deemed universities.
- Management quota admission is not possible in Government colleges.
- The fee structure ranges between 15-25 lakhs per annum is private colleges.
Steps in registering under management quota:
- Candidate has to register separately for the management quota seat.
- After registration, the candidates have to do their document verification.
- Once NEET results 2020 are declared, the Tamil Nadu Government will prepare the state merit list as per the UG NEET scores.
- Candidates will then fill up their choice as per preference and lock them in time.
- Once final college is declared, candidates will have to report to their respective allotted colleges.
NOTE: Candidates have to prepare themselves with a number of documents which will be required once the admission procedure commences.
A list of few necessary documents are given as follows :
- Registration form print out.
- NEET 2020 admit card.
- NEET 2020 score card.
- Original photo ID ( Aadhar card/ election ID card)
- 1Oth and 12th original mark sheets.
- Bonafide certificate.
- Passport size photographs as given in the NEET admit card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Migration letter.
Learn more : Direct MBBS Admission In Karnataka
Neet examination question pattern:
- The Duration of NEET MBBS Will is of 3 hours.
- The total number of questions will be 180
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted as negative marks for each wrong answer.
- The question type will be as multiple choice questions (MCQs) with four option for each item.
- The total score is 720.
Also Read : Direct MBBS admission in Uttar Pradesh
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) :
Around 7400 MBBS seats are available in Tamil Nadu for the academic year 2020.
States like Karnataka, Tamil Nadu , Maharashtra have highest number of MBBS seats per year.
Yes , through management you can get direct mbbs admission in Tamil Nadu .
The MCC will publish the category wise cut off marks for MBBS admission in online mode after conducting of the national level NEET UG examination.