NEET 2021 : The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET-2021) is the nation wise conducted common examination for admission to MBBS courses across the country in various medical colleges. There are thousands of medical colleges in India which offers MBBS degree to students. The number contains Government,private and deemed universities.In India a total of around 534 colleges are there. It includes Government, private as well as deemed universities.
A total of around 78948 seats are available for MBBS. Generally, the NEET examination is conducted every year in the month of May.The examination is held at different test centers in pen and paper mode(offline). It is compulsory for an aspiring candidate to qualify the NEET examination. Even for studying MBBS in abroad,qualifying the neet examination is must.
So if you are aspiring to become a doctor , the following details about NEET 2021 will be important for you .
Read about : NEET Rank Predictor 2020 : Predict Your Rank Here
Application for NEET UG : Steps
- The application form will be available online from 1st week of December 2020.
- It will be released online.
- The application form portal closes in last week of December.
- Candidates have to fill the form online.
- A number of documents need to be uploaded while filling the application form.
- After filling the form,the registration fees have to be made online as well card payment/net banking.
|General / OBC category||Rs.1400|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs.750|
- Each candidate will be given his application number.
- The application number and the password is very important in order to log in to a candidate’s portal every time.
- After payment is done,the application form print out is to be taken out.
- The correction in application form will be allowed at some point of time.
- There is no need of sending printed application form to the Board.
NEET 2021 eligibility criteria :
- There is no upper age limit for a candidate.
- The candidate should be atleast 17 years of age as per December 2021
- The candidate must get a aggregate marks of 50% (for general) and 40% (SC/ST/OBC) in PCB(physics,chemistry,biology) and English in his/her 110+2 level boards examination or any other equivalent examination
- The PwD candidates should get 45% in the same examination.
Important dates For NEET 2021:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Release of Application||1st week of December 2020|
|End of application process||Last week of December 2020|
|Correction window opens||3rd week of January 2021 to last week of January 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||4th week of March 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||1st week of May 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||2nd week of May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of June 2021|
|Starting of Counselling||2nd week of June 2021|
Neet examination 2021 question pattern:
- The Duration of NEET MBBS Will is of 3 hours.
- The total number of questions will be 180.
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted as negative marks for each wrong answer.
- The question type will be as multiple choice questions with four option for each item.
|Physics||45 questions||180 marks|
|Chemistry||45 questions||180 marks|
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||90 questions||360 marks|
- The total marks will be 720.
- NEET Eligibility is the minimum Cut-off Marks that a candidate has to score in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Exam in India.
- The NEET Eligibility Marks vary Every Year.
NEET 2021 syllabus:
There are questions covering 3 subjects i.e. physics,chemistry and biology.A huge portion is from the books studied in class 11-12 at school level.Every year the syllabubs for NEET examination is decided by the Medical Council of India(MCI).
**It is to be noted that the syllabus for NEET 2021 may be revised in order to cope up with the difficulties with the current year in completing the curriculum**
Read to learn :NEET 2020 syllabus
NEET 2021 – Admit card download :
Candidates will be able to download their admit cards from March 3rd week onwards. They have to check their details in the admit card. In case of any mistakes,they must immediately contact assigned authorities for correction before examination.The admit card is a must in order to enter the examination hall.
Read More : Direct MBBS admission 2020
Documents required at the time of NEET counselling:
- NEET call letter
- NEET score card.
- CLASS 10TH AND 12TH original certificates.
- NEET admit card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Domicile letter.
- Migration letter.
- PwD certificate(if any).
- Passport size photographs.
- Original photo ID.
Read More : Tips and Strategies to prepare for NEET Exam
Few tips for NEET 2021 preparation:
- Since only 1 year isthere to go for NEET 2021 , it is the high time to get rid of all doubts in the 3 subjects PCB.
- A huge amount of practicing MCQs are a must in limited time.
- A thorough reading of class 11 & 12 NCERT books of all the 3 subjects are necessary.
- Also students might go through the previous year question papers for getting a better understanding about the pattern.
- Students need to follow the syllabus framed by MCI strictly.
- The more you practice the more perfect you are!
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) :
-There are news from few reports that like JEE examination,NEET exam may also be conducted twice from 2021.
-Yes, MCI may reduce the syllabus for NEET 2021 by 30% due to problems in running academic curriculum.
-Yes, for studying MBBS in India and abroad as well,qualifying the NEET exam is a must.
-The mode of NEET 2021 will be in pen and paper mode.
-The National Testing Agency(NTA) is the authorizing body for conducting NEET.