NEET 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency on May 3, 2020. The official notification for admissions through NEET 2020 will be released on December 2, 2019. This will be followed by the release of online application forms for the examination. The last date to submit the application form will be December 31, 2019. NEET 2020 admit card will be released on March 27, 2020, and will be available for download online. After the examination is held, the candidate will be able to download the provisional answer key of NEET 2020 in the last week of May 2020.
The result of NEET 2020 will be announced on June 4, 2020, along with the final answer key. Post this, the counselling for NEET 2020 will be held on both national and state levels.
|Current Notifications |
NEET eligibility criteria 2020
The National Testing Agency has prescribed the eligibility criteria for NEET 2020. All those who wish to apply for the entrance test are advised to check if they fit into the criteria specified by NTA.
Candidates who fulfill the following parameters are eligible for NEET 2020:
- Indian Nationals,
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Persons with Indian Origin (PIO)
- Foreign Nationals
- The minimum age of a candidate as on December 31, 2020, should be 17 years
- The rule specifying the maximum age limit of the candidate was scraped off last year. Thus there is no upper age limit for the candidates applying for NEET 2020.
NEET 2020 Age criteria
|S. No.||Category||Date of birth for minimum age|
|1||For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)||Born on or before December 31, 2003|
|2||For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category||Born on or before December 31, 2003|
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2020
- Candidate must have cleared Class XII or equivalent from a recognized institute
- Candidates who are appearing for Class XII or equivalent in summer 2020 can also apply for NEET 2020.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII or equivalent from an open school are also eligible
- Candidate must have cleared Class XII or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII or equivalent with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible
Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination:
- General category 50%
- PWD category 45%
- SC/ST/OBC 40%
NEET 2020 application fee
The application fee has to be paid online. It can be paid using a credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ e-challan/ UPI.
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs)|
|General / OBC||1400|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/||750|
|Get latest news & updates about MBBS/BDS Admission and Counselling 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for NRI/Foreign students
In order to be eligible for NEET 2020, it is mandatory for candidates to pass Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The candidates who have completed their education from outside the country must fulfil the NEET eligibility criteria 2020. The last examination passed by these candidates must be equivalent to Class 12 qualification in their respective country. Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have passed the theory and practical test in each of these subjects as well as English in the qualifying examination.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Number of Attempts
In 2018, the cap on the number of attempts for NEET was removed. therefore there is no restriction on the number of attempts in NEET 2020 also. NEET 2020 eligibility criteria allows candidates to appear for the entrance exam as many times as they would like to only if they are eligible.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – 15% All India Quota seats/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC Colleges
- NEET 2020 qualified candidates can apply for the 15% All India Quota seats, 100% of the seats in Deemed universities as well as Central Universities, ESIC and AFMC as well. This counselling will be conducted at an All India level by MCI.
- J&K candidates are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats unless they have filled a self-declaration form to be submitted along with the NEET 2020 application form. This self-declaration form denotes that the candidate wishes to participate in the counselling for 15% All India Quota seats and would forgo the home state counselling in return. Such candidates will be eligible for the seats of Deemed Universities, ESIC and AFMC colleges.
- The allotment for 85% seats of DU will be open to candidates who have completed Class 10 and 12 from Delhi while the Institutional Quota seats of AMU will be exclusively for AMU students only.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 – 85% State Quota seats
- The 85% state quota seats mean seats in all government colleges of the states/union territories respectively. Counselling for such seats will be conducted by the the respective state authorities. To apply for state quota seats, candidates must fulfill the NEET 2020 eligibility criteria laid down by each state or union territory authority and include domicile, conditions too
- Admission to private medical and dental colleges will also be subject to the policies of the State/ Union Territory.