Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021: The state of Karnataka is one of the most preferred destinations among students for admissions into various courses, of which MBBS is one of them. Karnataka MBBS admission is based on the national level entrance exam, NEET. No separate exams are conducted by the state for MBBS admission.
Note: As per the latest update, the NEET 2021 exam date by NTA has been announced. The NEET exam date 2021 is September 12, 2021.
In addition, other entrance exams like AIIMS, JIPMER etc are also considered for admission into Karnataka medical colleges. Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, Karnataka MBBS admission 2021 will be conducted online.
Note: Only Karnataka domicile candidate can take MBBS admission in Karnataka Government colleges other then Karnataka state can take admission only in private MBBS/Bds Colleges.
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2021 – The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore, the regulatory body for Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling . Through KEA NEET Counseling 2021 candidate can take admission into MBBS and BDS courses in the state of Karnataka . All the eligible candidate have to register himself/herself at KEA for the Karnataka MBBS Admission process .
After complication of application form all the candidate have to participate in the document verification process at the KEA , Bangalore .
Karnataka MBBS Admission Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for the MBBS admission In Karnataka 2021:
- Candidates must be citizens of India. In addition candidates having OCI cards can also apply for admission.
- Candidates must have completed his/her 12th or any of its equivalent degree from any of the recognized board.
- Candidates interested for MBBS admission in Karnataka must have secured minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology and the same is 40% for SC and ST students residing in Karnataka.
- Interested candidates must have appeared and obtained a decent score in the NEET exam.
- The minimum age requirement is 17 years and above.
Karnataka MBBS Admission process
KEA ( Karnataka Examination Authority) will release the Karnataka MBBS application form right after the completion of NEET exam. The KEA registration for MBBS will be conducted online. The process for Karnataka MBBS registration is given below:
- Interested candidates have to first register their name by giving their personal details, phone number, emai-id etc.
- Thereafter, candidates are provided with log in credentials for filling the application form.
- Candidates are required to scan and upload the required documents as mentioned in the application form.
- Then candidates will be directed to the payment page where they have to pay online for the application form. ( Application fee for general students is Rs 1000 and for reserved students Rs 500)
- Candidates must download the form for future use.
Find Solutions To All Your MBBS Admission/NEET Counselling-Related Concerns
Schedule a Free Consultation
KEA MBBS Selection process
KEA will release two merit lists for MBBS admission 2021. The first will be the provisional merit list and the last one will be the final merit list. The merit list will be based upon the NEET 2021 and will include name, roll no, registration number, score and rank of the candidates.
Only those candidates who have qualified NEET and have filled the Karnataka application form will be allowed to participate in the counselling. During counselling, candidates are required to fill their options for various colleges. The seat allocation will be done according NEET score and rank. After the counselling is over, students have to report at their allotted colleges for final admission.
Required Documents For Mbbs Admission In Karnataka
The selected candidates must carry the following essential original documents for final admission:
- NEET admit card
- NEET score card
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- 10th and 12th certificate
- Migration and conduct certificate
- Domicile certificate (if the candidate resides in Karnataka)
- Caste certificate ( in case of SC and ST)
MBBS admission through management quota process
Well, mbbs admission through management quota in Karnataka is only possible for students, who have appeared in NEET UG 2021 Exam and qualified in the Exam for counselling process. The eligibility criteria are 50 percentile in NEET all India entrance exam. We will guide you regarding MBBS Admission in Karnataka at the low fees. We will guide you about how you can take MBBS Admission through management quota. But still on management quota. A candidate should be mandatorily eligible in NEET for having mbbs under management quota in 2021.
Can I get mbbs admission through management and NRI quota without Neet?
The answer is a big no. Nobody can take mbbs admission in India And Abroad through any quota without NEET. NEET Exam is the only way to get mbbs admission.
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2021 Tentative date sheet
NEET 2021 – 1st August 2021 (sunday)
NEET result – September 2021
Karnataka registration starts from – September 2021
Last date for registration- to be announced
Provisional merit list- to be announced
Final merit list- to be announced
Mop-up round- to be announced
Direct MBBS Admission in Karnataka
Students can also go for direct MBBS admission in Karnataka through the management or the NRI quota. However, they have to appear the NEET exam and register themselves for the counselling process. The seats for direct admission are filled out in the mop-up round after the successful allotment of final merit list.
Best medical colleges in Karnataka
The following are some of the best medical colleges in Karnataka:
- Bangalore medical college and research centre, Bangalore
- JSS Medical college and hospital, Mysuru
- Kasturba medical college, Mangalore
- Belagavi institute of medical sciences, Belagavi
- Jawaharlal Nehru medical college, Belagavi
Ans: There are 56 colleges providing MBBS degree in Karnataka. Out of which, 18 are government and 38 are private.
Ans: There are 8325 medical seats in Karnataka.
Ans: No, NEET is a must to take MBBS admission in Karnataka.
Ans: The minimum Karnataka MBBS private college is Rs 10,00,000 per annum.
Ans: The registration of application form will begin only after declaration of NEET results.