JKCET 2020 exam date has been declared on 09th December.The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) will be organizing an entrance exam JKCET 2020, for admissions into BE/ B.Tech degree programmes. The candidates who clear this exam will be considered for admissions into different government and private colleges situated in the state. The interested candidates will be able to submit their application in online mode from the month of February 2020.
JKCET 2020 Important Dates
JKBOPEE invites applications from the permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir, only for JKCET 2020. The J&K domicile candidates can find the scheduled events and important dates of JKCET 2020 in the table below.
|Release of Notice & Information Brochure||Last week of Jan 2020|
|J&K CET 2019 Application Forms will be Available from||1st week of Feb 2020|
|Last Date to Fill Application Form is||Last week of Mar 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|JKCET 2020||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Release of final answer key||2nd week of May 2020|
|Announcement of JKCET Result||3rd week of May 2020|
|Counselling||to be announced|
JKCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Candidate applying for the JKCET must be a permanent resident of the Jammu and Kashmir
- The applicants must have qualified the intermediate examination & equivalent from a recognized board.
- They must have scored minimum 50% in aggregate (40% for reserved categories).
- The applicants who are applying for the engineering program must have cleared 12th standard examination with English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as their elective subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for JKCET 2020.
- The applicants must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2020
JKCET 2020 Application Form
Filling the JKCET 2020 application form is the next step after checking the eligibility criteria for the exam. Without doing so, the student will not be eligible to appear for further processes.
|1. Create the login credentials|
|2. Keep the scanned documents including photograph and signature ready.|
|3. Fill various details asked in the application form.|
|4. Make the application fee payment|
Candidates must note that without the payment, the application will be invalid and thus, the student will not get the admit card.
JKCET 2020 Application Fee
Those who shall fill the application form for JKCET 2020 should know that they have to pay an application fee as well. It is important to pay the fee. If the candidates do not pay the fee, their application will become invalid. The non-refundable application fee for JKCET 2019 was Rs 1200, this may change for the JKCET 2020, any change will be updated here. The fee could be paid through any of the following means:
- Internet Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates aspiring admissions through the JKCET must know the exam pattern for the same. It is an important thing to know because if a candidate knows how exactly they need to prepare for all the sections, then it would be immensely helpful in securing great score in the exam.
- Mode of examination: Pen and Paper Based Test (Offline)
- Type of questions: Objective type (MCQ)
- Total time allotted: 3 hours
- Total number of questions: 180 divided equally into all the sections
- Number of Sections: 3
- Difficulty Standards: as for a 10+2 qualified candidate
- Distribution of questions: The division across the questions shall be as follows.
|Section||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
- Marking scheme: The scheme for marking in the JKCET 2020 is as follows.
+1 marks for each correct answers marked
-0.25 marks for each incorrect answer marked
No marks deducted or awarded for the unattempted questions
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
The JKCET admit card 2020 will be uploaded on the BOPEE official website. The candidates will be able to download the admit card by providing the details such as application number, date of birth, etc. The admit card will contain the details of the exam center such as venue, date and time. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
JKCET Result 2020
The result of JCKET 2020 will be declared on the official website of the board. In addition to this, the result will also be published in two local dailies. On the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test, merit list of the candidates will be prepared. Separate merit list will be prepared for the candidates belonging to different categories.
JKCET 2020 Counseling
The counseling of the qualified candidates will be done in either offline or online mode as decided by the board. The candidates will have to fill a preference form as a part of counseling process giving details of the college and course of their choice. After making the choices, the candidates will have to submit the preference form. However, a copy of the form must be retained by the candidates.