VITEEE 2020 :- The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is one of the most reputed engineering institutes in India. It is a private institute that conducts its own entrance exam called VIT Engineering Entrance Exam or VITEEE for selection and admission of candidates to the engineering programs it offers. Currently, VIT offers 36 undergraduate programs in engineering.
The institute has four campuses – Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amaravati. In order to get admission to this college, candidates must crack VITEEE 201 as well as fulfill other criteria. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding VITEEE 2020 – VITEEE important dates, VITEEE eligibility criteria, application form – how to apply, cutoff, counselling etc. Read on to find out.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Dates
The events & exam dates of VITEE 2020 will be as mentioned below:
|Application form release||27th September 2019|
|Last date of application form||29th February 2020|
|Last date to edit online application||29th February 2020|
|Starting of slot booking||March 2020|
|Downloading of admit card||After slot booking|
|VITEEE 2020 exam dates||29th July – 2nd August, 2020 |
|Result declaration||15th August 2020|
|Counselling||Last week of August 2020|
|Class Commencement||Last week of Sept. 2020|
VITEEE 2020 Application Form
The details of VITEEE 2020 application form is as follow:
- The application form of VITEEE 2020 is available in both online as well as offline mode.
- The application form has been released from 27th September 2019.
- A separate application form is made available for foreign candidates and will have to apply directly through foreign category only.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The university also provide the opportunity to make correction in the application form.
- Before the final submission of application form, candidate will have to provide all relevant details carefully.
VITEEE 2020 Application Fee:
- The mode of payment are NET Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Demand Draft (DD).
- The offline application form is of Rs. 1250 which will be paid through list of post offices or DD in favour of VIT from campuses of VIT –Bhopal, Chennai, Vellore, Amravati.
- The online application form is of Rs. 1150 for general candidates which will be apply through NET Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/Paytm
- NRI candidates & candidates who will choose abroad test centers will have to pay through online for 50 USD.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: The applicant for admission should be a Resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO Holder.
Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2020.
The date of birth as recorded in the High School Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
Qualifying Examination: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2020, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply
- Subjects: Candidates appearing in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCME) will be eligible for all B.Tech degrees program.
- Candidates appearing in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English (PCBE) will only be eligible for B.Tech & BIO-Stream degree programmes (bio-engineering, bio-technology, CSE with spl. in bioinformatics & ECE with spl. in bio-medical engineering programmes.
- Percentage: Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (PCM/B) in intermediate. Candidate belonging to SC/ST or hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and Northern eastern state must have minimum of 50% score in PCM/B.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for VITEEE 2020 will be as follow:
- Mode: VITEEE 2020 exam will be conducting in online mode.
- Type of Question: There will be all MCQ’s type questions.
- Medium: The medium of exam will be English.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded by 1 mark & there will be no negative marking.
There will be following parts with total no. of questions:
|Parts||Total No. Of Questions|
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus
The VITEEE syllabus is based on class 12th syllabus in PCMB section. Some various topics from Physics will be electromagnetic induction, alternating current, energy & power and much more. From Chemistry will be thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, electro-chemistry & much more.
From Biology will be genetics & evolution, taxonomy, health & disease etc. From Mathematics will be trigonometry, vector algebra, probability etc. The English paper will consist of English Grammar, pronunciation & comprehension.
How to check VITEEE result 2020?
- Visit the official website of VIT University
- Navigate to ‘VITEEE 2020 result’ tab
- Enter your VITEEE 2020 application number and date of birth
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- The exam result will be displayed on your screen
- Download VITEEE result 2020