The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an examination conducted in India to determine the eligibility of candidates in engineering and science for admission into the Master’s Program and Job in Public Sector Companies.
Do you intend to pursue a post-graduate degree through the GATE? It’s no surprise that it’s a terrific idea to move with. However, candidates are advised to learn more about the GATE eligibility criteria 2023 before beginning the application process.
Students must verify that they meet all of the GATE 2023 eligibility requirements. Furthermore, you should be aware that the GATE eligibility criteria vary depending on the discipline.
On that note, let’s learn about the eligibility criteria of the GATE 2023 exam as well as the subsequent GATE COAP stage in detail.
General GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023
IIT Kanpur will publish the GATE eligibility criteria 2023. GATE 2023 eligibility criteria include a number of elements such as academic qualification, nationality, and others. Let’s learn about these GATE eligibility criteria in detail.
● Applicants must have a minimum of 10+2+3 qualifications. Students in their third year, higher, or who have already completed their undergraduate course can also register for the GATE admission exam.
● Previously, applicants could only apply for one topic or discipline. However, beginning in 2021, students will be able to choose two papers from the guided form of combinations.
● There is no bar for minimum or maximum age to appear for the GATE Exam.
● Graduate students in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce, as well as postgraduate students in relevant areas, are eligible applicants.
● Any candidate who has completed any government-approved degree programme in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Commerce/Arts is eligible to take the GATE 2023 exam.
● There is no attempt limit; candidates must just meet the eligibility conditions for GATE 2023.
● Candidates who hold certification from any of the professional societies, however, must ensure that the examinations administered by the societies are recognised by the MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equal to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
● Candidates who have achieved or are pursuing their undergraduate degree outside of India: Must be in their third or higher year of study or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
● Students of Indian nationality will be eligible, as will international candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
GATE COAP Eligibility Criteria
What Is COAP?
COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal): A famous acronym in the GATE family.
The Single Offer Acceptance Portal is a common stage for registered applicants to acquire their preferred option for admission into an M.Tech programme. The results of seat allotment are announced on this portal by all participating IITs and ISc Bangalore.
When it comes to registering for COAP, there are specific qualifying criteria that every candidate must meet in order to be considered for admission. Applicants who do not meet the requirements are likely to be turned down. As a result, it is always a good idea to double-check the requirements before beginning the application process. Before applying, applicants should check the COAP eligibility requirements.
GATE COAP – Check Eligibility Criteria Pointers
● Applicants must present a valid GATE scorecard. And it should take place in 2020, 2021, or 2022.
● If an applicant has more than one scorecard, the scorecard with the greatest aggregate must be used during registration. However, information on other scorecards will be required as well.
● If an applicant has a GATE scorecard from more than one discipline, they must present information for each.
● Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the college to which they wish to apply.