Goa B.Tech Admission 2020 The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) ,Goa will conduct GCET 2020 for admissions in engineering colleges in the state of Goa. Goa is the smallest state in the country is known for its magnificent beaches, nightlife, cuisine and tourism. Not only this, the education system in Goa is one of the best in the country.
Goa has a comparatively high literacy rate of 87.40% in contrast to the all India figures of 74.04% as per the 2011 census. Due to government’s emphasis on education. Goa has seen a sharp rise in the number of engineering institutes. It also has country’s tier-1 institutes of Engineering such as IIT, BITS, and NIT to name a few.
Admission to IIT is only done through JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced. Whereas, BITSAT Score is required for admission in BITS south Goa campus Admission to other engineering colleges in Goa is done through GCET -2020 .
Goa B.Tech Admission Important Dates
The admission into engineering institutes of Goa is done through GCET, which is annually organised by the Department of Technical Education,Goa.
October 17, 2019
Release of information brochure
To be notified
Start of receiving of application forms for GCET 2020 from the reception centre
Third week of March 2020
Last date for receiving application from and collecting of admit card
Last week of March 2020
Last date for receiving form at DTE and collecting admit cards (with late fees)
Last week of April 2020
May 5, 2020 – Physics (10 am to 12 pm)
May 5, 2020 – Chemistry (2 pm to 4 pm)
May 6, 2020 – Mathematics (10 am to 12 pm)
Availability of answer key
Second week of May 2020
Announcement of Result
Second week of May 2020
Filling and submission of counselling form at the notified centres (Form A and C)
Third week of May 2020
GCET 2020 Official notification
Here is some important things about admission in goa state.
Eligibility Criteria for Goa B.Tech admission 2020
For Goa engineering college entrance exams 2020, In order to appear for the above-mentioned entrance exam candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria declared by the respective exam conducting authorities. Candidates can refer the eligibility criteria stated below as a quick note-
For GCET 2020
- A candidate must possess a valid domicile certificate of Goa.
- A candidate must have cleared class 12th with Science Subjects and should have secured 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Candidate appearing in class 12th/HSSC are also eligible to apply.
- NRI, OCI & PIO can apply under NRI Category.
Application form for Goa B.Tech admission 2020
- Candidates has to appear for GCET 2020 exam to get enrolled in various government aided or private engineering colleges.
- Candidates willing to pursue engineering from IIT will need to appear for JEE Advanced only after clearing JEE Main.
- For admission in BITS, candidates will have to appear for BITSAT 2020.
- Candidates can avail the JEE Main form in December 2020 and for GCET 2020 in 1st week of April 2020 respectively.
- Candidate will be asked to furnish details in the application form such as personal details, educational qualification, bank details etc.
- Application form received without the application fee will be rejected by the authorities. Hence, the application fee must be paid within the given time period to avoid last minute hassle.
Selection Procedure for Goa B.Tech admission 2020
Selection through JEE Main 2020
To get admission into the tier-I institutes of the country such as NITs, IITs, and several other colleges in Goa, a candidate needs to qualify JEE main. However, admissions to IIT, Goa will be provided only after qualifying the JEE Advanced exam. The candidates who successfully qualify the JEE Main will be eligible for JEE Advanced. Following that, counselling will be organized for candidates to allot seats into different Engineering courses.
Selection through GCET 2020
The GCET 2019 counselling will be held only for candidates will qualify the entrance exam and gets shortlisted as per the merit list. The counseling will be conducted in offline mode in three rounds. Aspirants will be required to fill the form for counselling, following which they’ll be called for counseling process and will be allotted the seat as per their rank, preference and availability of seat in the college. Thereafter, candidates have to report to the allotted college for finishing the formalities of the admission.
Top Engineering Colleges in Goa
While there are plethora of colleges in Goa that offers admission into engineering programs, here we are providing you the list of the best engineering colleges in Goa that are popular for imparting quality technical education to students.
- BITS Pilani
- Goa College of Engineering
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering and Information
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Goa University
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Icfai University
GCET Result 2020
DTE Goa will release the GCET 2020 result in online mode through its official website. Candidates will be able to access their subject wise scores through the result of the entrance test. Students must note that the result of GCET will be declared in pdf format and candidates need to find their roll number and name in the list to check their result.
GCET Counselling 2020
Candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will be eligible to appear for GCET 2020 counselling. Students seeking admissions through GCET must fill the counselling form and submit in person at the DTE office.
If you have any other queries about B.Tech Admission in Goa 2020, you can write your queries in the Query box given below.
frequently asked questions (FAQs)
You have to qualify with good marks in jee exam.
For B.tech admission in goa you need to qualify either in JEE or GCET 2020. for NIT or Goa state colleges or Bits goa .
If you want to pursue your Bachelor’s in a top NIT, IIIT or CFTI, you should obtain a rank less than 15000 to be on the safe side.
BITS doesn’t consider your JEE Mains Score or your IIT–JEE Rank for giving you an admission. You need to give BITSAT & secure marks above the cut-offs for disciplines of your choice
No, SRM does not take admission based on the JEE mains marks. … However, you can write the entrance exam for SRM and you can get admission into it.