UCEED 2020 exam dates have been declared. IIT Bombay will conduct UCEED exam on January 18, 2020 from 10 am to 1 pm. Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) is conducted by IIT Bombay under the guidance of UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee every year to offer admission to eligible candidates in Bachelor of Design (BDes) programmes offered at colleges accepting UCEED scores.
UCEED is an online examination of three hours duration that is typically conducted in the month of January every year. Mere appearing for UCEED exam or securing a spot in UCEED rank list does not guarantee admission in BDes programmes.
UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing for UCEED 2020 exam are:
1. To be eligible for appearing UCEED 2020, candidates must be born on or before October 1, 1995, if they belong to open or OBC-NCL category, and if they belong to SC, ST, PWD category, then they must be born on or after October 1990.
2. The maximum number of attempt will be two times in consecutive years.
3. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination, that is class 12th or equivalent in 2019 or appearing in 2020. Students who have passed in 2018, or earlier are not eligible to apply. Further, students from all streams all eligible to apply for the exam.
The eligibility criteria for applying for B.Des after UCEED 2020 exam is as follows:
1. To be eligible for applying for B. Des programme, candidates must be born on or before October 1, 1995, if they belong to open or OBC-NCL category and if they belong to SC, ST, PWD category, then they must be born on or after October 1990.
2. Candidates must have obtained the qualified rank in the UCEED 2020 exam.
3. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination, that is class 12th or equivalent in 2019 or appearing in 2020. Further, students from all streams all eligible to apply for the exam.
4. Candidates from science stream with physics, chemistry and maths, as subjects are eligible to apply for admissions to IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. Candidates from any other stream, that is science without physics, chemistry or maths, commerce, arts, humanities, are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
UCEED 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
UCEED 2020 Important Dates & Events
The exam dates for UCEED 2020 have been declared. Candidates can view important exam events in the table below:
|Availability of UCEED application form||October 9, 2019 to November 9, 2019||Applications to be submitted online on the official website of the exam. No change in application process for UCEED 2020.|
|Last date to submit application form with late fee||November 16, 2019||UCEED applications forms can be submitted along with late fee of Rs 500 in addition to the application fee for the exam.|
|Download UCEED admit card||January 1, 2020||To be downloaded from the official website.|
|UCEED exam||January 18, 2020||Exam to be conducted across 24 test cities from 10 am to 1 pm on the exam day.|
|UCEED result||March 4, 2020||Marks and scorecard to be released on the official website. Aspirants can check result through their login ID.|
UCEED 2020 Admission Process
UCEED selection process 2020 includes the following steps:
Step 1: UCEED Application Form
Application form for UCEED could be filled in three steps. Firstly, aspirants had to register for the exam online. Next, candidates had to complete filling the online application form. Lastly, candidates had to pay UCEED application fee in online mode. UCEED 2020 application fee was Rs 3,000 (for General and OBC candidates) and Rs 1,500 (for SC, ST, PwD and female candidates).
Step 2: UCEED Admit Card
Candidates could download UCEED admit card 2020 from the official website of the exam. The admit card for UCEED contained information such as candidate’s name, roll number, photograph, signature, exam schedule, examination centre address and exam instructions.
Step 3: UCEED 2020 Exam
UCEED paper comprised three sections containing different types of questions including Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
Step 4: UCEED Result and Rank List
UCEED result 2020 is declared on the official website of the exam. Candidates can view their result by using their registered email ID and password.
Step 5: UCEED Counselling
After securing a valid UCEED rank, aspirants will need to further apply for admissions at the colleges that will accept UCEED 2020 ranks/ scores. Thereafter, candidates will need to fulfill the admission criteria as listed by respective colleges. A centralised seat allocation process will be conducted for admission in participating institutes of UCEED 2020 exam.
Step 6: UCEED Admission List
Three admission lists will be announced by IIT Bombay once the counselling process is over. The admission/ merit lists will be released in the month of July.
UCEED 2020 Exam Centres
UCEED 2020 is scheduled to be conducted across 24 cities in India. Aspirants can view UCEED exam centres 2020 below:
Apart from the above mentioned test centres in India, UCEED will also be conducted in Dubai. Regarding the same, the official UCEED 2020 website informed, “Candidates opting for Dubai center should also compulsorily opt for 2 cities of their choice from above 24 Indian cities, in the order of preference, at the time of online application.
|ST, General, SC, OBC||Online||Female||₹ 1500|
|SC, ST||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 1500|
|ST, General, SC, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 1500|
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 3000|
UCEED Student Reaction
UCEED 2019 exam was conducted on January 19. The exam was conducted from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM in 20 cities across India. In the exam, candidates had to answer total 85 questions spread across three sections: Section A – Numerical Answer Type (NAT), Section B – Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and Section C – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).