NEET 2021 Result: The National Testing Agency is scheduled to announce the NEET result 2021 on or before 10th October 2021. Read on to find out how to calculate NEET percentile.
How to calculate NEET percentile?
In order to be able to calculate the NEET percentile, a candidate must first be aware of their NEET marks and NEET rank. Hence, let’s look at how to calculate these two aspects of the NEET result in 2020. Before diving into the NEET result, candidates must be aware of the fact that according to a report on NTA’s website, General category students require a minimum of 50th percentile marks to qualify while reserved categories need at least 40th percentile marks to qualify.
How to calculate the NEET rank?
A candidates NEET rank is calculated and announced in the rank list by NTA. But, one can calculate an estimate of their rank by seeing the previous year’s NEET scores vs NEET ranks. It is also helpful to know that NTA has revealed on its official website that it takes into account the raw NEET scores of all candidates and then uses a few tie-breaker methods to rank them. According to NTA in NEET 2020, here are the tiebreakers used in the following order:
- Higher marks in biology (botany and zoology section combined) will be given a higher NEET rank
- Higher marks in Chemistry will be given a higher NEET rank
- The number of wrong answers candidates who have lesser number of wrong answers would be awarded the higher rank.
- Age candidates with higher age would be preferred over the younger ones and awarded the higher rank.
How to calculate the NEET score?
Candidates can calculate their NEET marks or NEET score with the help of the answer key made available by the NTA. A student can tally their own answers with the ones mentioned in NEET answer key to see which questions you answered correctly. For each correct answer will get 4 marks, while every wrong answer will deduct 1 mark. Unattempted questions and those having multiple answers marked will get no marks.
- Total NEET Marks = 180 MCQs X 4 = 720 Marks
- Your NEET score = (Total number of correct answers x 4) (Total number of incorrect answers x 1)
How to calculate NEET percentile
NEET percentile based on marks
- A student can calculate your NEET percentile easily with their own NEET score and the score of a NEET topper in that particular year.
- NEET Percentile = Your NEET score * 100 / NEET score of the topper
Find Solutions To All Your MBBS Admission/NEET Counselling-Related Concerns
Schedule a Free Consultation
Book Your 30 Mins MBBS Admission & NEET Counselling Advice By Expert >>>>
NEET percentile based on rank
- Students can also calculate their NEET percentile with their own NEET rank and the number of candidates appearing for NEET that particular year.
- NEET Percentile = [(Total no. of candidates appearing NEET Rank) /Total no. of candidates appearing] x 100
- This method is trickier than the last one.
What will be the NEET 2021 Qualifying Cutoff?
The cutoff scores of NEET 2021 will be announced along with the result on the official website. The minimum NEET 2021 cut off marks must be secured to pass the NEET examination. The minimum marks that are required for MBBS or other medical courses vary every year. The category-wise NEET UG 2021 cutoff percentile and scores can be checked below.
NEET percentile and scores
|Category||NEET 2021 cutoff|
|Puducherry NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Bihar NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Uttarakhand NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Maharashtra NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|UP NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Karnataka NEET Counseling 2021||Click Here|
|Gujarat NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|
|Rajasthan NEET Counselling 2021||Click Here|