The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC. Here we will explain you about MBBS Admission In USA.
MBBS Admission in USA:
MBBS admission in USA is one of the most demanding degrees not only in USA but worldwide. Students from India who go to pursue their dreams of becoming a a doctor in USA do gather lot of practical knowledge in this field.A mixture of culture exists in every universities where students from different countries like India,Canada, Usa etc come and study together.There are a number of Universities that are recognized by the Medical Council of India(MCI).
Highly qualified faculty is there to give hands on training to the students.In USA, the medical degree is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and it is not known as MBBS like that of India. The language of instruction is English for medical course in USA.
The United States is a federal republic and a representative democracy with three separate branches of government, including a bicameral legislature. It is a founding member of the United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, Organization of American States (OAS), NATO, and other international organizations. It is a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. The USA is the 4th largest country in the nation after Russia,Canada and China in terms of area. The population stand out to 33 crores as per the 2019 reports.The most spoken language is English. However there is no language as national at the Federal level.
Climate and living :
Being a a huge country , a huge diversity is seen at the climatic level However the most prominent one is the typical continental climate with very cold winters and hot summers as well.Also the latitudinal position and distance from the sea also plays a major role in determining the climatic conditions at a place.
Food habits :
Americans consume about 31% more of packed food than direct ones . Pizza,pasta,burgers are the most popular dish items available.They prefer more of wholegrains. Wheat and rice is also available for consumption.
Read about : Direct MBBS admission in Nepal
List of Top MBBS Universities or Schools in USA (MCI Recognized)
Here is the list of medical colleges teaching MBBS in usa.
|Name of the Colleges||Location|
|New York Medical College||New York|
|Temple University, School of Medicine||Philadelphia|
|University of California||California|
|Case Western Reserve University||Ohio|
|American University of Saint Vincent||Kingstown|
|Mayo Medical School||Minnesota|
|State University of New York||New York|
|University of Minnesota||Minnesota|
|Wayne State University|
Following are some of the most prestigious and renowned universities for MBBS in USA, which are:
|Name of the University||Course Fee (Per year)|
|Harvard University||$ 61,535|
|Tufts University||$ 61,464|
|Dartmouth College||$ 63, 551|
|Brown University||$ 62,917|
|University of California||$ 64,132|
|Washington University||$ 63,230|
|Columbia University||$ 66,257|
|Duke University||$ 61,032|
Advantages of studying MBBS in USA :
- Free education in limited universities for international students.
- MBBS course from USA is recognized worldwide for its excellent teaching standards.
- Students can gain enormous practical knowledge via internships at various health establishments.
- High quality of education.
- Colleges are approved by the MCI(Medical Council of India).
- Students can live at an affordable rate.
- Doctors from USA are at high demand and have huge reputations worldwide.
- Students can do part time jobs where they are paid a good amount hourly basis.
- English language is understood countrywide.
- Highly developed infrastructural facilities.
- Excellent environmental conditions.
- Extremely safe for residential purposes.
- 1 year of internship can be done either in India or USA or UK or Canada.
- The new environment will be completely new to an Indian student.
- Adjusting with the new food habits might be difficult as cuisine varies a lot.
- The cost of studying as well as living may be a hindrance as it is quiet costlier when compared to India.
- The syllabus is huge and vast.
- Generally for international students, the score demand is very high in order to get scholarship.
- Most of the renowned universities demand high scores in the TOEFL/IELTS examination.
Refer to know about : Study MBBS in Ukraine 2020 : Ukraine MBBS Admission
Eligibility and admission procedure in USA medical colleges:
- You must have 50%(for general) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC) marks in class 12th science subjects (physics,chemistry and biology) along with english.
- The candidate must get qualifying marks in the NEET UG examination.
- In order to get admission in MD degree in USA, one has to write TOEFL/IELTS examination.It is a must to test the english proficiency of the candidates.The acceptable marks in IELTS/TOEFL might vary from college to college.
- The admission in various medical colleges in USA or MBBS Admission In USA is made via the MCAT(Medical College Admission Test).
- The combined scores in MCAT and english proficiency test decided the university which will be alloted.
- After passing both the tests with a good score, a candidate can apply for different colleges across USA.
- During registration process a number of documents will be asked for verification.
- Also some other minor formalities also may be there for admission process depending on the university as well.
- In order to study MD degree in USA, international students must undergo a pre – medical course/bachelor of science.
- In the MCAT examination knowledge of the candidate at the undergraduate level will be tested thoroughly.
- The AAMC(Association of American Medical Colleges) portal opens the application form online from the month of September.
Duration of MD course:
The MD course in USA is for 4 years after which students will do a residential programme that may vary upto 3-7 years.It depends on the course selected by the student.They are supervised under excellent guidance throughout the entire academic tenure.
Documents necessary for admission :
- NEET call letter
- NEET mark sheet.
- CLASS 10TH AND 12TH original certificates.
- NEET admit card.
- Transfer certificate.
- MCAT score card.
- IELTS/TOEFL score card.
- Domicile letter.
- Migration letter
- Birth certificate.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Health and travel insurance.
- Valid passport with VISA.
- Scanned copy of visa and passport.
- Character certificate.
- Documents supporting the financial status.
Also read : Direct MBBS admission 2020
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) :
– Yes,the medical colleges do offer scholarships to international students.However there is a lot of competition for this as because huge scores are a must to avail the scholarship.
– If finances are manageable,USA is definitely one of the best destination for medical studies abroad.
– Yes generally universities in USA demands high scores in exams like TOEFL/IELTS for granting admission to foreign students.
– Yes every year thousands of Indian students are travelling to USA either for school or high school studies in USA.