Assam b.tech admission 2020 Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Assam is responsible for conducting B.Tech admission process for government engineering colleges in Assam. Private engineering colleges in Assam conduct their own admission process for B.Tech courses.Assam has a several higher education institutions which offer courses in the field of engineering. Some of the top reputed institutions are NIT, IIT, Assam University, Tezpur University, etc. As per the recorded census 2011, the average literacy rate of Assam is 73.18%.
Assam B.Tech Admission Procedure
Candidates, those seeking admission to the engineering courses, they have to appear in the national & state level examinations. The admission to the B.Tech programme in Assam State is done on the basis of these exam scores. Candidates have to apply for these examinations to get admission into the UG engineering programmes.
B.Tech Admission 2020
Before filling the application form, candidates should check the complete eligibility criteria. Candidates should ensure that he/she is eligible for the examination or not. Candidates must fulfil the given eligibility criteria to get admission into B.Tech programme:
- Students must qualify 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Pass the above qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics as a compulsory subject along with any one of the given subjects, i.e. Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subjects.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 45% marks (for GEN Category) & 40% marks (for SC/ST category).
- Similarly, Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Candidates must have a valid domicile of Assam state if they apply for Assam CEE 2020 exam.
Assam B.Tech Admission Selection Procedure
After the announcement of the result, qualified candidates will be called for the counselling process for seat allotment. In the counselling procedure, candidates have an option to choose the choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
During counselling, candidates will also have to pay the counselling fee. Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of their ranks. The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of rank secured in the examination, filled choices, seat availability & category.
Assam B.Tech Counselling and Seat Allotment Process 2020
DTE Assam conducts offline counselling for Assam B.Tech admissions. The candidates who filled the application form must be present at Assam Engineering Institute on the specified date along with application process and mandatory certificates/ documents (as mentioned above).
Documents Required for counselling
At the time of counselling, candidates must carry the mentioned documents in originals along with one set of self-attested photocopies. The documents/certificates list is given here:
- 10th & 12th Class Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Class Passing Certificate
- Admit Card (Entrance Exam)
- Score Card (Entrance Exam)
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate
If you have any doubt about B.Tech Admission in Assam 2020, you may ask your queries in the query box.