Applications have been invited for AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). The applications have been released for the differently-abled students doing technical studies such as a degree or diploma courses from a recognized institution. The students who are already taking benefit of this scholarship can also apply for the renewal of the same. The main motive of this scholarship is to encourage technical studies by giving financial help to specially-abled students so that they can do their studies with ease and can do their earning. The applicants will get INR 50,000 per year and also the other benefits. This is a latest scholarships for Indian students 2020.
What is the last date to apply for this scholarship?
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2020. Students will have to fill the application forms as soon as possible as the last date is arriving very soon.
What is the eligibility to fill this scholarship form?
The eligibility to fill this form is given below. Applicants not fulfilling the eligibility won’t be able to apply for the scholarship.
1. The applicant must be a specially-abled student having not less than 40 percent disability.
2. The applicant must be admitted to the first year of degree/diploma level course or second year of degree/diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved institutions of the respective year.
3. The applicant must be having a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
Read More: AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2021
What are the benefits of AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme
The benefits of this scholarship are
All the specially-abled students will be awarded Rs 50,000 per annum each year of their course. This will be the lump sum amount which will be given for the payment of fees, purchase of computer, purchase of books, stationeries, purchase of software and equipment, etc. Other than that no additional grant will be given in the exchange of hostel charges and medical charges. This is a latest scholarships for Indian students 2020.
Which documents will be required to fill this scholarship?
The documents which will be required to fill this scholarship are
1. Class 10th and 12th Marksheets.
2. Annual Family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tehsildar.
3. Admission letter for taking admission in degree and diploma courses issued by the Directorate of Technical Education.
4. Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute.
5. Disability certificate
6. Receipt of the tuition fee.
7. Bank account details, aadhaar card, photograph, etc.
8. Caste certificate.
9. Signature of parents for the confirmation of details provided by the applicant.
Read More: Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship 2020-21
What are the selection criteria?
Those candidates who have taken admission in AICTE approved colleges/institutions through the Centralised Admission Process will be selected for the Saksham Scholarship on a merit basis.
Out of all the seats, 15 percent of the total seats will be reserved for SC candidates, 7.5 percent for ST candidates, and 27 percent for OBC candidates. This is a latest scholarships for Indian students 2020.
What are the terms and conditions?
The applications have been invited through the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India once a year.
Those applications which have been filled in completely will be rejected.
If a candidate has failed or drops out in a subsequent year, he/she will not be eligible for further scholarship.
In case both CGPA and total marks are given in the mark sheet of the applicant, the total marks will be considered.
A provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal.
How to apply for AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme
1. The candidate will have to apply on National Scholarship Portal after the beginning of the application process.
2. The host institution where the candidate is studying will have to verify the online application.
3. Department of Technical Education of respective state/UT will verify these applications as a second level of checking.
Read More: Fullerton India Scholarship 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2020.
Ans. NSP means National Scholarship Portal.
Ans. This scholarship is for differently-abled students in first year degree/diploma course.