Applications have been invited by University Grants Commission for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2020-21. These applications can be filled by single girl child of up to 30 years of age. The only condition to fill this scholarship is the girl needs to be the only girl child in the family. The main motive of this scholarship is to encourage the girls to complete their studies. This scholarship will give financial assistance to the girl students to fulfill their dreams and complete their studies. Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for single girl child
What is the last date to fill the scholarship form?
The scholarship was announced on 30 August 2020. The scholarship closing date is 30th November 2020 and the last date of defect verification is 15 December 2020. The last date of Institute verification is 15th December 2020. This is the latest scholarship for girls.
What is the eligibility to fill the form of this scholarship?
To fill this form the applicant must fulfill the following eligibility. Those who will fail to fulfill the eligibility criteria won’t be able to fill this form.
1. The applicant must be a girl child of up to 30 years of age.
2. The applicant must be the single child of the family.
3. The applicant must have taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters degree program in any designated university or a postgraduate college.
Important Note: Those girls who don’t have any sibling are eligible to fill the forms. Twin daughters/fraternal daughter are eligible for this scholarship.
Read More: Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
From all over the country 3,000 girls will be given the scholarship. The shortlisted applicant will be provided INR 36,200 per annum for a period of two years or for the full duration of the post graduate course.
What are the documents needed for this scholarship?
The documents needed to fill the form of this scholarship are
1. Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar card.
2. Photograph of the applicant.
3. Previous academic mark sheets which must be self-attested.
4. Fee receipt of the running academic course.
5. Affidavit telling that the applicant is the single girl child.
What are the terms and conditions?
1. Those students who are pursuing their post graduation from distance education won’t get the benefit of this scholarship as it is not applicable for them.
2. The application form must be verified by the host institution.
3. The sharing of the scholarship will be done under the Aadhaar Act 2016.
4. Those applications which are filled incompletely will be rejected.
5. Those students who will fail to get promoted to the next class/level will forfeit the scholarship.
6. For the implementation and monitoring of this scholarship scheme UGC will be responsible.
7. After being awarded the scholarship the applicants won’t be permitted to change the course.
Read More: MEXT Scholarship 2021
How to apply for the scholarship?
The applications can be submitted through the link available at https://scholarships.gov.in (UGC/AICTE schemes link)
The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
The detailed guidelines is given at the website https://scholarships.gov.in
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child is 30 November 2020.
Ans. Yes, this scholarship is only for a girl child.
Ans. Amount of fellowship is Rs 36,200/- for a period of two years