Applications have been invited by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for AICTE Pragati scholarship for girls 2020-21. This scholarship is for those girls who are studying in the very first year of a technical course whether it is degree or diploma course of the academic year 2020-21. The institution in which they are pursuing their course must be an AICTE approved institution. Those students who are taking the benefit of this particular scholarship can apply for the renewal of the same. The motive of this scholarship is to empower the girl students to achieve their dreams. Those girls who are full with skills, confidence and knowledge can use their talent in the development of the nation and this scholarship will help the girls achieve the dreams. Under the scholarship scheme, total of 5000 girls will be given the benefit of up to Rs 50,000 per annum for every year and some other benefits will also be given to them.
Those applicants who are interested in this AICTE Pragati Scholarship For Girls can check all the eligibility details related to it in this article.
What is the last date to apply for this scholarship?
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2020. Students are advised to fill the forms as soon as possible as the last date is arriving very soon.
What is the eligibility for AICTE Pragati Scholarship For Girls
Applicants must fill the eligibility criteria to fill the form of this scholarship. The eligibility criteria is listed below
1. The applicant must be a girl student.
2. It is must for the applicant to pursue technical degree/diploma course in the first or second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 12th class or equivalent examination.
3. The applicant must have a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
Important Note: per family up to two girls can apply for this scholarship. for girls 2020.
Read More: Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Girls
What are benefits of this scholarship?
This scholarship will be disbursed among 5000 girl students every year. Under the scholarship scheme for the payment of college fee, computer purchase, books and stationery purchase, software and equipment purchase etc the girl student will get INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount. In exchange of hostel and medical charges no other additional grant will be payable.
Selection criteria for AICTE Pragati Scholarship For Girls
The students will be short listed on the basis of merit of qualifying examination.
Terms and conditions
1. The applications will be invited once in a year through National Scholarship Portal of Government of India.
2. If an applicant has failed or has dropped out in a subsequent year, then she will not be eligible for this scholarship.
3. If both CGPA and percentage is given in the total marks in the mark sheet then percentage will be preferred.
4. The student must not be the beneficiary of any other grant, scholarship, salary, emolument or stipend.
5. For giving the scholarship only the verified online applications will be taken into consideration.
Read More: Piaggio Shikha Se Samruddhi Scholarship 2020
What documents are needed to apply?
Applicant must have the following documents to apply
1. Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th.
2. Annual family income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official not below the rank of Tahsildar.
3. Admission letter for taking admission in degree/diploma course. The letter must be issued by the Directorate of Technical Education.
4. Certificate issued by Director, principal or head of the institute.
5. Receipt of tuition fee.
6. Bank account pass book, aadhaar card and photograph.
7. Parents signature which will confirm that the details filled in the application form are correct.
How to apply for AICTE Pragati Scholarship For Girls
1. Register online at the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
2. The host institution where the applicant is pursuing education will have to verify the online form.
3. The department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective UT/State will verify these applications.
Read More: Fullerton India Scholarship 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply is 30 November 2020.
Ans. Yes, this scholarship is only for girls.
Ans. This scholarship is being offered by AICTE.