Anna University going to organizes the admission process of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) . Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted for admission into undergraduate engineering courses (B.E./ B.Tech.The candidates who will qualify the TNEA Exam will be able to get admission in the UG courses offered by the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu.)
TNEA Exam 2020 Important Dates
The schedule provided here is on the basis of 2019 important dates:
|TNEA Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Exam notification||Last week of April 2020|
|Registration process begins||First week of May 2020|
|Last date for application submission||Last week of May 2020|
|Allotment of Random number||First week of June 2020|
|Document verification||First and second week of June 2020|
|Merit list publication||Third week of June 2020|
|Counselling process||First week of July 2020|
The notification of TNEA 2020 will be released in the last week of April 2020. Candidates can check below the complete information of TNEA 2020 application form:
- TNEA 2020 Application Form can be filled by the students through online mode from the first week of May 2020.
- The Online registration process of TNEA 2020 will include various steps like Registration, Filling the Application form, Payment of Application Fee and sending of application form with the required documents.
- Candidates have to apply for single application form for various courses and colleges.
- Last date to fill the application form online and submit it with the required documents is till first week of July 2020.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as no modification or correction in the form will be allowed later.
- The filled in application form has to be submitted with the required documents before the last date to the below mentioned address:
TNEA Exam 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates who are from other states can also apply. Such candidates are required to show their Nativity Certificate (only in digital form – digitally signed e-certificate).
- Children of Central government employees are also eligible.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th level examination from schools in Tamil Nadu or any other recognised board with a minimum 50% marks (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST/MBA/SCA/DNC). Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics are compulsory subjects.
For Marine Engineering
Educational Qualification – Passed class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised board with Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and English as main subjects.
Age Limit – The maximum age limit for the exam is 25 years.
TNEA Application fee
Candidates have to pay the below given application fee through internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- For General candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/SCA candidates – Rs.250
TNEA Counselling 2020
The candidates will be called to participate in the TNEA 2020 counseling process as per their merit score or rank. In order to participate in the counselling process, the candidates have to pay an initial amount of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 1000/- for the SC/ SCA/ ST candidates of Tamil Nadu).
TNEA 2020 Cut Off
After the registration process is over, the University will release the cut-off for TNEA 2020. Separate cut-off marks will be released for different programmes and different colleges.
TNEA 2020 Admission
After the counselling process, candidates will be allotted colleges on the basis of their ranks and preferences. Candidates must report at the allotted institute at the date and time mentioned on the allotment letter. Candidates must complete the admission process by submitting the required documents and paying the admission fee.
Official Website : https://tneaonline.in/