The Department of Biotechnology of Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India has invited applications for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020-21. This application has been invited from Ph.D. or Master’s degree holders in Biotechnology. The fellowship is to reward those scientists who are creative and will find innovative solutions to problems related to health care, agriculture, and other related fields. Detailed benefits of Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020 and eligibility criteria for the same is given below.
Those candidates who will get selected into the fellowship will receive a grant of INR 6, 00,000 per annum with INR 25,000 per month fellowship apart from the regular salary for five years. It is the Scholarships for Indian Students 2021.
What Is The Last Date To Apply For Fellowship?
The last date to apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020-21 is 15 November 2020. Students are advised to fill the application forms as soon as possible because the last date is arriving very soon.
Tata Innovation Fellowship Eligibility
To be eligible for this fellowship an applicant
- Must be below the age of 55 years till 15-11-2020
- Applicant must possess a Ph.D. degree in Agriculture, Life Sciences, and Veterinary or have a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences or Biotechnology or equivalent degree.
- Applicant must have a permanent position in Organization/Institute/University engaged in research and development
- Be Indian National or have spent a minimum of 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
Read More: NCERT Junior Project Fellowship 2020
What Will Be The Benefits Of Tata Innovation Fellowship
The benefits of this scholarship are given below
- Fellowship amount of INR 25,000 per month for five years in addition to the salary.
- Additional contingency grant of INR 6,00,000 per annum for other expenses related to equipment, consumables, domestic and international travel.
What Are The Documents Required To Apply For The Fellowship?
The documents necessary to apply for this fellowship are given below
- Birth Certificate Copy
- A duly signed application/nomination form
- Applicant must have a copy of BSc/MBBS or MSC/MTech/MD or Ph.D. or Master’s degree copies.
- List of publications with details comprising of Author, Title, Journal, Volume, Page no. with journal impact factor.
- Applicants must have a list of books/reviews written.
- Applicant must have a list of patents including applied or filled for and granted.
- Summary of the proposed work to be carried out (Not more than 6 pages)
- Evidence of outstanding track record to find innovative solutions to major problems in healthcare, agriculture, and other areas.
Note: All the documents which will be uploaded must be in PDF format.
Read Also: Fullerton India Scholarship Programme 2020
What Are The Other Terms And Conditions To Apply For The Scholarship?
The other terms and conditions are given below
- The applicant must have an outstanding contribution and publication in a specific area.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the fellowship.
How Can You Apply For The Fellowship?
For the application format and submission details, the applicant will have to visit the DBT website (http://www.dbtindia.gov.in). Application (2 hard copies) duly forwarded by the competent authority to host institute should be sent to Dr. Deo Prakash Chaturvedi, Scientist “C”, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Room No. 814, B Floor, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, 110003, not later than November 15, 2020. Soft Copy of application in the prescribed proforma should be mandatorily submitted online through the DBT ePromis portal unit (Url: http://www.dbtepromis.gov.in or http://www.dbtepromis.nic.in) on or before 15 November 2020. It is the Scholarships for Indian Students 2021.
In case of any query or difficulty faced in uploading in the ePromis portal, please contact ePromis Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply for this fellowship is 15 November 2020.
Ans. Ph.D. and Master degree holders can fill this application form.
Ans. The applicant must be below the age of 55 years.