The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) has invited applications from international PG, MBA, and Post Doctoral applicants for MEXT Scholarship (University Recommendations) 2020 who desire to pursue their education from Asia Pacific University. MEXT Scholarship 2021 eligibility details are given below.
The scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. Those students who will get selected for the scholarship will get a 100 percent tuition fee waiver and other financial assistance. This is scholarship for International students.
What is the last date to apply for this scholarship?
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 18 November 2020. Students are advised to apply for the scholarship as soon as possible as the last date is arriving very soon.
What is the eligibility to apply for the MEXT scholarship?
The eligible applicant must
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas.
- The applicant must have received admission in PG, MBA, and Post Doctoral at APU.
- The applicant must not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- The applicant must be born on or after April 2, 1985.
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows
- 100 percent tuition fee waiver.
- JPY 144,000 per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program.
Read More: TATA Innovation Fellowship 2021
What Are the terms and conditions to apply for this scholarship?
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous scholarship.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
How to apply for the MEXT scholarship 2021?
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education/Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill in all the details.
- Submit the required documents to the Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy
- After that interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Read More: IDEX Fellowship 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Usually, in big universities like the University of Tokyo or Kyoto, it is more difficult to get MEXT than in other universities.
Ans. All applicants applying for scholarship programs must pass the Japanese language exam.
Ans. The last date to apply for the MEXT scholarship 2021 is 18 November 2021.