Applications have been invited by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India for Class 11 to Ph.D. students belonging to the minority communities for NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2020-21.
This scholarship aims to motivate the bright and meritorious students of economically weaker sections of the minority community so that they can achieve their dreams by pursuing higher education and they can develop skills to get jobs in the future. Financial assistance will be provided to them so that they can achieve whatever dreams they have seen for their future. NSP Post-Matric Scholarships 2020 dates, eligibility and selection criteria details are given below.
What Is The Eligibility Of The NSP Post-Matric Scholarships ?
The applicant must fulfill the minimum eligibility to apply for the scholarship, these have been listed below.
- The applicant must be in Class 11, 12, graduate, postgraduate, technical, or be pursuing vocational courses, M.Phil or Ph.D.
- The applicant must have scored at least 50 percent marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination he or she has appeared.
- The applicant must belong to a family whose total annual income is not more than INR 2 Lakh from all the sources.
- Applicant must belong to the minority community that is (Muslim, Sikh, Zoroastrian/Parsi, Buddhist, Jain)
What Are The Benefits Of This Scholarship?
The benefits of this scholarship are listed below
- The admission and tuition fee for the students of Class 11 and 12 (Hostellers and Day scholars) will be provided as INR 7000 Per Annum.
- The admission and tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of Classes 11 and 12 levels (Hostellers and Day scholars): INR 10,000 per annum.
- Admission and tuition fees for undergraduate and postgraduate students both Hostellers and day scholars will be provided as INR 3000 per annum.
- The maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for classes 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Hostellers) will be provided as INR 380 per month.
- The maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for Class 11 and 12 including technical and vocational courses (Day scholars) will be INR 230 per month.
- The maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level (Hostellers) will be INR 570 per month.
- The maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level (Day Scholars) will be INR 300 Per Month.
- The maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for M.Phil and Ph.D. (Hostellers) will be INR 12,00 per month.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year for M.Phil and Ph.D. (Day scholars) will be provided as INR 550 per month.
What Are The Documents Required For Applying for The Scholarship?
The documents required to apply for the scholarship are listed below
- Applicants must have their domicile certificate.
- Applicants must have a passport size photograph.
- Applicants must have a self-declaration of minority community certificate.
- Applicants must have a self-attested copy of the previous year’s academic mark sheet.
- Applicants must have a fee receipt of the current course year.
- Applicants must have a scanned copy of the Aadhar enrollment/Aadhar card.
- Applicants must have an income certificate issued by a designated state/UT authority.
- Applicants must have proof of a bank account in the name of the student or joint account with a mother or father. The benefits of the scholarship will be provided to the applicants in their bank account only.
NSP Post Matric Scholarships Scheme For Minorities 2020-21 Important Dates
The closing date of the scholarship is 30TH November 2020, so the students are advised to fill the forms as soon as possible. The last date of defective verification is 15th December 2020. The last date for institute verification is 15 December 2020.
What Is The Selection Criteria for NSP Post Matric Scholarships
The priority will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case there is a tie in the marks of two applicants the result will be generated according to the date of birth of the applicant and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
The renewal will be done if the applicant obtained 50 percent in the previous year’s exam in the same course and at the same institute.
How To Apply For The Scholarship?
An application for a scholarship must include
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed format.
- One copy of passport size photograph with the sign of the student (for fresh scholarship)
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree, etc in respect of an examination passed.
- A certificate of caste duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- An income declaration by self-employed parents/guardians stating the definite income from all the sources by way of an affidavit on nonjudicial stamp paper.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution concerned. If the applicant received a scholarship under the scheme in the preceding year.
Read More: BYPL SASHAKT Scholarship 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Yes, This scholarship is for the minority section students.
Ans. The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India provides this scholarship.
Ans. The award which will be given in this scholarship is an admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance, etc.