Applications have been invited by The Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC students. This scholarship is for the students who belong to the Other Backward Caste category and are a permanent resident of Chandigarh. This will give the applicants assistance in studies at the post-matriculation level in India under the Government of India Scheme. The students who will get this scholarship will get many benefits together. This scholarship is for the help of students from the OBC category for their economic well-being and for providing the necessary assistance which will help them to achieve their dreams. Chandigarh post matric scholarship eligibility, selection criteria and benefits are given below.
What Is The Last Date To Apply For The Scholarship?
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 10th November 2020. Students are advised to fill the application forms as soon as possible as the last date is arriving.
What Is The Eligibility To Apply For Chandigarh post matric scholarship ?
The minimum eligibility to apply for the scholarship is given below
- The candidates must belong to the Other Backward Caste category.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Chandigarh union territory.
- The applicant must be pursuing post matriculation or post secondary courses.
4.The applicant must have an annual family income of not more than INR 1,00,000 (1 Lakh). This income is the total family income from all the sources
Note: The forms of those students will be rejected who will not fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
Students pursuing post-graduation in medicine will be eligible to apply for the scholarship only if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
Students who pursue their studies through correspondence or distance courses are also eligible for the scholarship. It is to be noted that the term correspondence includes distant and continuous education.
Read More: BYPL SASHAKT Scholarship 2020
What Are The Benefits Of Chandigarh post matric scholarship
There are multiple benefits of this scholarship which are listed below
- The shortlisted applicant will be given a Maintenance allowance
- It will provide reader charges for blind students
- It will provide reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees.
- It will give the shortlisted applicants the study tour charges/thesis typing and printing charges.
- Annual book allowance for students pursuing distance and continuous education (correspondence) will be provided.
What Are The Documents Necessary For Applying For The Scholarship?
The documents which are necessary to apply for the scholarship are
1.Certificates for the qualifying examination.
- Income certificate to show the total family income. It is necessary to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Certificate of caste to show that the applicant belongs to the Other Backward Caste category.
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- Passport size photograph of the candidate.
What Are The Necessary Steps To Apply?
The applicants will have to apply for the scholarship online only. Candidates will have to visit the official website and find the scholarship section. Under the section, the given scholarship will appear on the screen
Candidates will have to fill in all the details asked and upload all the needed certificates and then click on the submit button for the final submission of the forms. The application must be completed in all respect
The institution from where candidates attended or last attended will be addressed to an officer for this purpose by the union territory government to which students belong.
Candidates will have to provide their bank details in the form (Bank Name, IFSC code, Account details) as well as they will have to give their phone number for registration. No changes can be made once submitted. I also advise the applicants to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Read More: Chandigarh University Admission 2021
What Is The Selection Criteria for Chandigarh post matric scholarship
All the candidates who have filled the minimum eligibility criteria will be given the benefits of the scholarship.
Other Terms & Conditions
- More than one child from the same family can apply for this scholarship.
- Students pursuing their studies from distance can also apply.
- The students who are employed and are on leave without pay for the entire course duration may apply.
- Students doing post-graduate courses in medicine are eligible to apply.
- Students who after passing or failing an undergraduate/PG degree in Arts, Science or commerce join any other recognized professional course whether it is a degree or diploma or certificate course are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate must not be availing of the benefits of any other scholarship or stipend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply is 10 November 2020.
Ans. No, this scholarship is only for those belonging to Chandigarh UT.
Ans. Yes, this scholarship is only for the OBC category, as the name suggests.