Applications have been invited by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India for NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2020-21. This scholarship is for the students of class 11 to the postgraduate level. The motive of this scholarship is to assist the students with disabilities to pursue education so that they can achieve their dreams and earn their livelihood in the future. This scholarship is to provide assistance to the students so that they can make a place for themselves in society. This is a Scholarship for disabled students,
What is the last date to apply for this scholarship?
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2020. Students are advised to fill the application forms as soon as possible as the last date is arriving very soon.
What is the eligibility for filling the form for this scholarship?
To be eligible to fill the form for this scholarship, the students will have to fulfill the following eligibility. Those candidates who will not fulfill the eligibility are not allowed to fill the forms.
1. The applicant must have passed the matriculation or higher exam of a recognized Board of Secondary Education or University.
2. The applicant must have 40 percent disability certified by the competent authority.
3. The applicant must have an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 Lakh.
4. The applicant must be pursuing post-secondary (class 11 to postgraduate level) courses in recognized institutions.
Note: Those students who have jobs but the salary does not exceed the amount of scholarship can apply for this scholarship. Students who are taking distance education can also apply for this scholarship. 50 percent of scholarships are reserved for female candidates. NSP Post Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities benefits given below. This is Scholarship for disabled students.
Read More: NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
What is the benefit of this scholarship?
Those students who are selected for this scholarship will receive
1. Allowance for maintenance of up to INR 1600 per month (hostellers) and up to Rs 750 per month (day scholars).
2. Applicants will get a disability allowance of Rs 4,000 per annum.
3. Applicants will have to book an allowance of INR 15,00 per annum.
4. The compulsory non-refundable fees of up to INR 1.50 lakh per annum will be reimbursed excluding the refundable deposits like security deposit and caution money.
5. The candidate will be given a book allowance of INR 1,500 per annum.
What are the documents required to apply for the scholarship?
The documents required to apply for this scholarship are as follows
1. The photograph of the applicant.
2. Age proof
3. Certificate of disability
4. Income certificate of the parent issued by a competent authority
5. Fee receipt of tuition
6. Preceding qualification certificate.
What is the selection criterion for this scholarship?
The selection criteria are as follows
1. Percentage of marks obtained in the preceding qualifying examination.
2. The applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
3. The selection will also be based on the number of scholarship slots available to the state.
4. The percentage of disability will be taken into consideration when there is a tie for the percentage of marks.
5. Recommendation of the state education department is also needed.
Read Also: Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
What are the terms and conditions?
Candidates who have qualified for one stage of education and are studying at the same stage with a different subject are not eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship is not given for training or probation courses such as Aircrafts Maintenance Engineer’s course and private pilot license course. Apply NSP Post Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities as per given below.
How to apply for this scholarship?
1. The applications are available at the National Scholarship Portal. The applicants will have to submit the application forms online before the last date given to fill the application forms.
2. The applicants will have to fill in all the personal details in the application forms and will have to upload all the documents in the prescribed format.
3. The institution in which the candidate is studying will have to verify all the details provided by the candidates.
4. In case an applicant is a permanent resident of one state but studying in another state, his application will be considered under the slot of his/her native state. The application of such a candidate will desire the recommendation of the Education/Welfare Department of his/her native state. This is latest Scholarship for disabled students in 2020.
Read More: West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply for this scholarship is 30 November 2020.
Ans. Full form of scholarship is National Scholarship Portal.
Ans. The eligibility of this scholarship is students with disability from Class 11 to postgraduation.