VITEEE 2020 Counselling will going to start through offline mode from 2nd week of May 2020 . The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is one of the most reputed engineering institutes in India. It is a private institute that conducts its own entrance exam called VIT Engineering Entrance Exam or VITEEE for selection and admission of candidates to the engineering programs to the various VIT University campus .
The counseling and allocation of branches to candidates are based on All India Rank in VITEEE 2020 which can be obtained from the official website.
VITEEE Counselling 2020 eligibility criterion
Following is the eligibility criterion as mentioned on the official website of VIT.
- VITEEE-2020 Rank holders between 1 to 99999 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Vellore / Chennai .
- VITEEE-2020 Rank holders 100000 and ABOVE are not eligible for admission in Vellore / Chennai .
- For VIT- Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP : VITEEE-2020 Rank holders upto 150000 are eligible to attend the counselling for admission in Bhopal (MP) / VIT-AP. The date of counselling for Rank holders between 100000 to 150000 (only for Bhopal, MP / VIT-AP) will be announced after second round of counselling .
VITEEE Counselling Schedule 2020
Please note that these dates are tentative*.
|VITEEE Counselling Schedule 2020 Phase 1 – Rank holders from 1 to 10000|
|9 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 1 to 4000|
|9 May 2020||11 am||2||From 4001 to 7000|
|9 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 7001 to 10000|
|VITEE Counselling Schedule 2020 Phase 2 – Rank holders up to 110000|
|10 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 10001 to 17000|
|10 May 2020||11 am||2||From 17001 to 24000|
|10 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 24001 to 30000|
|11 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 30001 to 37000|
|11 May 2020||11 am||2||From 37001 to 44000|
|11 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 44001 to 50000|
|13 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 50000 to 57000|
|13 May 2020||11 am||2||From 57001 to 64000|
|13 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 64001 to 70000|
|14 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 70001 to 77000|
|14 May 2020||11 am||2||From 77001 to 84000|
|14 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 84001 to 90000|
|15 May 2020||8:30 am||1||From 90001 to 97000|
|15 May 2020||11 am||2||From 97001 to 104000|
|15 May 2020||2 pm||3||From 104001 to 11000|
VITEEE Counselling Procedure:
- The counselling is based on their All India Rank in VITEEE 2020 .
- Admission will be done through a single window counselling for all the VIT University campus.
- Candidates shortlisted for VITEEE counselling should also attend the same in person either in Vellore or Chennai campus.
- DEMAND DRAFT drawn in favour of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’, payable at Vellore. Candidates without DD will not be permitted to attend counselling.
- Details of the total number of seats allocated to each branch at the time of counselling, number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre for the benefit of candidates to make their choice.
- Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted a branch. Candidates should check the VIT website for information on counselling.
- No change of date / time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in the order of merit. However, due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent time / date, after duly intimating the office, regarding this. But the candidate can only opt for the branch available at that time and cannot claim any other branch as per his / her original turn / seniority.
- After the counselling for a particular day is over, the number of seats ( branch wise ) still available for allotment on the next day of counselling will be published on the website and will also be displayed on the notice board of the Institute for the benefit of candidates.
- If the mark statement of the qualifying exam has not been received before the date of counselling, the candidate would have to furnish an undertaking stating that if he/she fails to qualify as per the norms, it would lead him / her to forego his / her seat.
So quite its quite clear that if you get admission in Category 2 , hostel room alotted is 4 beded Non AC room(43k) and you choose Special Mess then you would be paying 4.11 lakh pa.This was just an example. You can figure out the rest.
Required documents for VITEEE 2020 Counselling
- VITEEE-2020 e-Admit Card
- Counselling Admit card
- VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate
- proof of date of birth
- Age proof Certificate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (If available) VITEEE – 2020
- XII Hall ticket (For candidates awaiting results)
- Community Certificate (For SC/ST candidates only)
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).