Tamil Nadu mbbs Admission 2020 Candidates waiting for admission and counselling process to secure MBBS seats in government and private medical colleges must also keep an eye out for admission procedure of their native state. If you are a domicile holder or native student of Tamil Nadu and seek admission in top state medical colleges, then you can check all the details regarding Tamil Nadu direct MBBS admission 2020 here.
Note:Candidates must have qualifying marks in the Examination of the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) UG to get admission to the various medical and dental colleges of Tamil Nadu State to complete their MBBS and BDS programs.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2020
Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu offer some of the best medical colleges in India that can help candidates pursue excellent careers in the medical field. Admission will be done on the basis of Tamil Nadu state merit lists and NEET 2019 cut-offs. Tamil Nadu Neet admissions 2020 will begin soon and application details are given below along with the important dates and eligibility criteria.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Important Dates 2019
|Tamil Nadu MBBS admission application forms to be out on||November 3, 2020|
|Deadline to fill Tamil Nadu Neet Counselling application forms||November 12, 2020, up to 5:00 pm|
|Document verification to begin from||TBA|
|Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list to be announced on||16 November 2020|
|Choice filling to begin from||TBA|
|First round of counselling||Last week of November 2020|
|Second round of counseling||TBA|
|Classes at Tamil Nadu medical colleges to begin from||First week of December 2020|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification: All candidates seeking admission in Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS courses must have cleared NEET 2020 along with the following education qualifications:
- Candidates must have passed class 12/ HSC/ intermediate/ other equivalent exams either from Tamil Nadu state board or other recognized boards of education in a single attempt.
- Candidates must have pursued Biology, Physics and Chemistry in Class 12 board or other equivalent exams and they must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks.
- SC and ST candidates are required to score an aggregate of 40% in the same, whereas, SC-PH, OBC-PH, ST-PH and GEN-PH are required to score 45% aggregate marks.
Nativity/ Domicile Holders: In order to apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS admissions 2020, candidates must possess domicile of Tamil Nadu or must have pursued their school education i.e. class 6 to class 12 from schools based in Tamil Nadu. In case of the latter, candidates do not need to submit domicile to claim admission under the 85% state quota.
Nationality: Candidates applying for Tamil Nadu direct MBBS admissions 2020 must be citizens of India. OCIs are also eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu direct MBBS and BDS admissions.
Age: The state of Tamil Nadu expects all applicants to be 17 years old by December 31, 2019, in order to be eligible for admissions in state medical colleges.
Top Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Christian Medical College – Vellore
- Madras Medical College – Chennai
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Coimbatore Medical College – Coimbatore
- Psg Institute Of Medical Sciences And Research – Coimbatore
- Madurai Medical College, Madura
- 12government Chengalpattu Medical College, Kanchipuram
- Srm University Kattankulathur, Chennai
- Govt Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College – Salem
- Sree Balaji Medical College And Hospital – Chennai
- Rt Perundurai Medical College – Erode
- Faculty Of Nursing Sri Ramachandra Medical College And Research Institute, Chennai
- Srm University, College Of Occupational Therapy, Kanchipuram
- Srm College Of Physiotherapy, Kanchipuram
- Saveetha College Of Nursing, Poonamallee
Tamil Nadu Neet Counselling 2020
Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling will be conducted on the merit-cum-preference in July 2020. Check the steps to appear for counselling below:
- In order to get their preferred colleges and courses, candidates will have to fill their preferences once they have cleared the document verification round and their names appear in Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list.
- Seats will be allocated on the basis of availability of seats as well and candidates will be alerted about the counselling procedure on their registered mobile numbers and email IDs.
- Candidates are advised to carry the required documents and a few photocopies in order to take provisional admission on the basis of Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020.
- Candidates who get seats will be able to download their call letters from the official website of Tamil Nadu admissions 2020. These call letters will be essential for securing seats at the allocated colleges in order to verify the student details.
Required Documents For Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2020
The students have to bring the original documents along with the photocopy of the same during the verification process. It is mandatory to go through the documents verification process.
- Seat Allotment Letter
- NEET 2020 Rank Card
- 10th Mark Sheet & Certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet & Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- PH certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Printout of the registration form
- Photo Identity proof such as Voter ID, Aadhar ,Pan Card etc.
For more details regarding Tamil Nadu MBBS admission 2020 contact here