RGS-IBG PG Research Award 2020: Applications have been invited by The Royal Geographical Society with IGB (RGS –IBG) for the Postgraduate Research Awards. The applications have been released for the students currently doing Ph.D. and are ready to do fieldwork/data collection in the United Kingdom or overseas preferably in research relevant to its geographical knowledge and its applied benefits. The short listed candidates of this fellowship will receive a grant of GBP 500 TO GBP 2,000. RGS-IBG PG Research Award fellowship eligibility and selection criteria is given below.
What is the last date to apply for this fellowship?
The last date to apply for this fellowship is 23 November 2020. Students are advised to apply for the fellowship as soon as possible as the last date is arriving very soon. This is Latest scholarships 2020 for students.
How to apply for the fellowship?
The applicants will have to write an email mentioning their personal details and academic details. They will have to attach all the documents asked for in the email and send the complete application form to the RGS Grants Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the documents required to apply for this fellowship?
The email must consist of
1. Update CV in one page
2. Beginning year and completion year of the post graduate course
3. Title and a brief abstract of the intended project (maximum 100 words)
4. Aims and objectives of the project must be written in maximum 250 words
5. Description of the proposed research project must be written in 500 words.
6. A short narrative telling how the proposed research will increase geographical knowledge and its applied benefits for maximum 100 words must be written.
7. A brief summary of plans telling the results of the research in 100 words.
8. Risk and safety management plan of maximum 300 words must be written
9. A completed itemized budget detailing the financial support required by the recipient.
10. Two refree statements one from the PhD supervisor and the other statement from the one free from the research activities and institution.
Read More: NCERT Fellowship 2020
What is eligibility for the RGS-IBG fellowship?
The applicant must have the registration with any UK Higher Education Institution.
The applicant must be pursuing PhD degree and doing field work and data collection relevant to geographical knowledge and related fields.
What are the benefits of this scholarship?
The applicant will receive financial grants between GBP 500 and GBP 2000 to carry out the field work and data collection.
What are the terms and conditions for RGS-IBG PG Research Award 2020
1. The applicants who are not getting full funding from a Research council or other assistance will be given the preference.
2. Funding will not be done for conferences and conference attendance.
3. The research must be done in a responsible way.
4. Before leaving for the project the team members of the research team must have a medical insurance.
5. Report of field work and data collection must be sent within a month in a brief manner.
6. Capturing the gist of the project good quality photographs must be submitted by the recipient.
7. The final report will include an abstract of 250 words, main discovery done in the project which must be of 1000 words, digital photographs, presentations, publications and details of final budget. This will be Latest scholarships 2020 for students.
selection criteria for RGS-IBG PG Research Award 2020
To check the applications received an external group of experts will be made and the shortlisted candidates will be communicated through email. This is Latest scholarships 2020 for students.
Read More: Jain University Scholarship 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The last date to apply for this fellowship is 23 November 2020.
Ans. The completed form will be sent to the RGS Grants Officer at email@example.com
Ans. The recipients will receive a grant of GBP 500 to GBP 2,000.