NIFT Counselling 2020 will be organized by NIFT at the end of May after the NIFT 2020 result. On qualifying the exam, candidates can get admission in the university and its associated campuses. The 16 affiliated campuses of the NIFT participated every year in the counselling process.
The counselling will be conducted in multiple rounds in 16 campuses of NIFT. NIFT Counselling 2020 will be conducted through offline mode.
To participate in the counselling, it will be necessary for the eligible candidates to register themselves online on the website.
There will be no registration fee for the first round of counselling. For further rounds, candidates have to pay the Rs. 5000/- as a counselling fee.
NIFT 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment Schedule
Candidates can check tentative counselling schedule of NIFT 2020 for seat allocation across B.Design and B.F.Tech programs:
Commencement of NIFT counselling 2020 round 1
|Registration for counselling of all programmes Last week of May 2020 to the first week of June 2020|
|Counselling Schedule for Person With Disability (PWD) Candidates (all Categories & Programmes)*|
|Programmes||Category||PWD Category Rank||Counselling Date|
|Bachelor of Design (B.Des)||Gen- PWD||1 to 37||1st week of June 2020|
|OBC (NC)-PWD||1 to 20|
|SC- PWD||1 to 4|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)||Gen-PWD||1 to 5|
|OBC (NC)-PWD||1 to 6|
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F. Tech.)
|NIFT counselling 2020 schedule of all category candidates including General, SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy), NRI & State Domicile|
|Date||Category||No. of candidates||Common Merit Rank|
|2ndweek of June 2020||This includes candidates from GEN, SC, OBC, ST, State Domicile / Children & Wards of NRI (subject to availability of seats)||150||001-150|
|2ndweek of June 2020||160||151-311|
|2ndweek of June 2020||170||312-482|
|3rd week of June 2020||180||483-662|
|3rd week of June 2020||200||663-862|
|3rd week of June 2020||GEN, SC, OBC, ST, State Domicile/Children & Wards of NRI (subject to seat availability)||All candidates having common merit rank from 863 to 1574|
|3rd week of June 2020||GEN, ST, SC, OBC, State Domicile / Children & Wards of NRI (subject to seat availability)||All candidates having common merit rank from 1575 to 2581|
NIFT 2020 Seat Allotment Round 2 Schedule
|Display of seats||4th week of July 2020|
|Start of second round of counselling||4th week of July 2020|
|Registration for NIFT counselling 2020 (all programmes)||4th week of July 2020|
|Counselling at NIFT campuses||Last week of July onwards|
NIFT Counselling Procedure 2020
Candidates have to follow the procedure given below to participate in the counselling.
First of all candidates will have to register themselves on the website.Without doing registration, no candidate will be allowed to appear in the counselling rounds.
At the time of registration, candidates will have to fill the campus choice in which they want to appear in the counselling.
Download Call Letter:
After successful registration, a “system generated letter”, will be received by the candidate through SMS and e-mail on their registered mobile and email id.
- The counselling will take place on the campus, which is selected by the candidate through offline mode.
- Candidates will have to report the counselling center in a given reporting time for the document verification and allocation of seats.
Allocation of Seats:
- After verification of the documents, allocation of seats will take place before the Nodal Officer of the Counselling Campus.
- The candidate may select a seat by clicking on the monitor in the presence of the Nodal Officer. Seat allotted, accordingly, to a candidate would then be deleted from the pool of vacant seats displayed on the Campus screen.
- Candidates are advised to be present in the Counselling hall and wait for their call in order of their common merit rank.
Documents Required for NIFT Counselling 2020
After verification, NIFT will return the original certificates to them apart from the medical certificate.
- Valid PWD certificate
- Photograph (2 passport & 4 stamp size)
- Certificate of clearing 10+2/equivalent examination
- System generated letter/e-mail received by the candidate
- Copy of 12th class school leaving certificate (for domicile seats only)
- Certificate from the Board from which he/she passed the High School/Higher Secondary Examination
- Semester fee – Demand draft of Rs. 1,10,450/- (Non-NRI) drawn in favour of the NIFT HO payable at the city of the counselling
- Certificate of clearing 10+2/equivalent examination, showing the subjects offered by him/her in the exam. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for B.F.Tech.
- Certificate from the prescribed authority showing that he/she belongs to an SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy) category. (Applicable only to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy) category\
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College
If you have any other queries about NIFT Counselling 2020, you can leave your comments below in the comment box.