NEET 2020 Exam Pattern: National Testing Agency has released the NEET UG 2020 Application form on 02 December 2019. The NTA, organising body of NEET examination will release a notification regarding question paper that from 2020 onwards only one set of question paper would be set for the candidates taking the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Earlier it was in 10 Languages including Hindi and English.
The exam pattern of NEET 2020 has been designed to select the best candidates for the medical and allied courses. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will be conducted offline and will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
NEET 2020 Key Exam Dates:
The important dates for (NEET 2020) National Eligibility cum Entrance Test are yet to be released.
|Application form release||02 December 2019|
|Last date for filling the Application||31 December 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application fee||01 January 2020 (11:50 PM)|
|NEET UG Exam date||03 May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||04 June 2020|
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can prepare well if they know about NEET 2020 exam pattern. The detailed NEET paper pattern 2020 is given below:
- Number of Questions: Total of 180 questions will be asked in the exam. The Paper will be divided into 4 sections. Candidates can solve any section based on their choice.
- Exam Mode: The Exam for NEET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode only. (Pen and paper-based mode). The candidates are advised to have a practice solving the modal sample paper.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from four subjects which are Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- Type of Question: The NEET 2020 Paper will consist of only objective type questions in which out of four options only one correct answer will be there.
- Exam Duration: The duration of NEET 2020 Exam will be 3 hours and Candidates who have completed the exam before 3 hours can leave the exam centre by submitting the copy to the invigilator.
- Language: NEET 2020 Question paper will be conducted in 11 languages that are:
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer from the total score (-1 Mark).
- Total Marks of Examination: The NEET 2020 Exam will be Total of 720 Marks (Each Section of equal marks i.e. 180 Marks).
- Questions in different Sections: The division of Questions in four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany is:
|Get latest news & updates about MBBS/BDS Admission and Counselling 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
Exam pattern of NEET 2020: An overview of the question paper
According to the exam pattern of NEET 2020, the NEET question paper will comprise of three sections- Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The table given below depicts the section-wise weightage and breakup of the question paper.
Subject-wise weightage of NEET 2020
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Important points to remember while marking the OMR sheet
- Answers have to be marked using a ballpoint pen which will be provided in the examination hall.
- Changing of answers on the OMR sheet is not allowed.
- Erasing/ obliterating any information printed on the OMR sheet is a punishable offence.
- Rough work should be done on the test booklet only.
- A Candidate must not forget to mark the test booklet code on the OMR sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. I am appearing for NEET 2020 examination in Delhi. Can I choose Marathi as the medium of examination?
A. No, according to the current exam pattern of NEET 2020, regional languages are subject to geographical barriers. Thus, Marathi can be chosen as a medium if you appear for NEET 2020 in Maharashtra only.
Q. Will NEET 2020 have sectional time limits?
A. No, there is no time limit to solve a section in NEET 2020.
Q. Will NEET 2020 have descriptive questions?
A. No, according to the NEET exam pattern 2020, the examination will only have objective type questions (MCQs)