The national aptitude test in Architecture (NATA) is the national level exam for admission in Under Graduate(UG) courses in Architecture. It is conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture(NIASA), which is a body under the Council of Architecture, New Delhi, India.
About the NATA exam
The examination mainly aims at measuring the aptitude of applicants in cognitive skills of drawing, their observation power,sense of proportion,critical thinking capability,aesthetic sensitivity etc that has been acquired over a long period of time. All these are considered as the utmost requisites in an architect undergraduate.
The exam date for the above said examination has been postponed till now a number of times as a result of the critical condition of the global pandemic in our country. In the latest notice published by the Council of Architecture on 17/07/2020, It has made the decision that the first phase of the NATA examination will be now conducted on 29th August,2020. The second phase dates will be announced soon.
Read More : Tips and strategies to prepare for JEE Main Exam
NATA Exam pattern:
Keeping the safety of candidates at the utmost priority, the exam conducting authorities have now decided to conduct both the Part A and Part B in online mode.
Part A of the exam, which is a drawing based examination and always conducted in pen and paper mode offline, will also be conducted in online mode as for now in this emergency situation. Part B consits of PCM and general aptitude and logical reasoning.The medium of question paper is in English only.
Candidates can write their exams online either in their resident/place of stay or else can write the same in the Council allotted test centers as well in case they do not have facilities like net connectivity, PC or laptops. The first part commences at 10 AM and ends at 12pm. The second part commences on the same day at 12:30 PM and ends at 2:30 PM. The total marks allotted for each part of the exam is 200.
On 07.08.2020, the fourth updated version of eligibility criteria for the academic year 2020-21 has been uploaded in the official website.The revised schedules and test related other finalized details,question pattern,test centers have been updated in the brochure of NATA 2020 at their official website of
As for now, until and unless the second phase exam dates are finalized, we can only predict that the results for the two phases can be expected during the last week of September.The decision regarding the second NATA exam will be as per the number of candidates appearing for the exam.
Also students and parents have to repeatedly visit the the official websites of the testing authority to get latest updates about the examination. Contact details for examination related queries :
NATA Help Desk No: 9319275557, 7303487773.
Read More : Direct MBBS admission 2020
Read more: The following colleges provide the Bachelor degree of architecture(B.Arch) in India –
- East West School of Architecture, Bangalore.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur.
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal.
- AU College of Engineering, Vishakhapatnam.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
- ITM University, Gwalior.
- Ansal University, Gurgaon.
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- Bharath University, Chennai.
- Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai.
- Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee.
- School of Architecture and Planning, VMRF, Chennai.
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh.
- Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli.
- Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut.
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon.
- Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, JMI, New Delhi.
- Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa.
- R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore.
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam.
- Sharda University, Greater Noida.
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad.
- BS Abdur Rahman University,Chennai.