Many girls in India want to choose “Air Hostess” profession for their future because they want to fly. The future of the aviation industry is bright as it is progressing across the world. Many educational courses are going on in India for those who want to become Air Hostess. The future of air hostess as a career option is very bright. Those girls who want to become “Air Hostess” salary must have some qualities in their nature. The person must have a pleasant and friendly personality. She must have a passion for the job. There are lots of Air Hostess Courses 2021 available also.
The other names for Air Hostess are Flight Attendants or cabin crew, stewards/stewardesses, or cabin attendants. To become an Air Hostess or flight steward a person must do a course under ‘Aviation and Hospitality Management’. The world’s first flight attendant was the German Heinrich Kubis in 1912 and if we talk about the first female flight attendant she was Ellen church who was employed by United Airlines in 1930. Ellen Church was 25 years old.
Some qualities are necessary to be present in the person who wants to become an Air Hostess. The Air Hostess must have pleasant and friendly nature. Good personality, well dressed, having good communication skills. There is a rule in most of the airlines that the person who is going to become an Air Hostess must not have a tattoo or pierce on the body. They have to collaborate with many types of people belonging to different backgrounds and cultures. Air Hostess degree and diploma Courses, responsibilities and salary details are given below.
What are the responsibilities of an Air Hostess?
An Air Hostess has the following responsibilities
- Air Hostess welcomes the passengers, guides them, and makes them settle down on their seats.
- Attending the pre-flight briefing is another responsibility.
- Air Hostess is given the responsibility of answering the queries of passengers
- They keep checking if all the passengers are in comfort and offer them refreshments and meals.
- They prepare the report of the flight
- If any passenger needs medical help they make sure to provide it.
Air Hostess Courses 2021
These are the courses that may be taken to become an Air Hostess after 12th in any stream. The duration of this course is one year. These courses are
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- Night Rating
- Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Aviation Management
- International Airlines and Travel Management
- Private Pilot Training
- Air RT/Radio Flight Officer
- Commercial Pilot Training
- Air Ticketing and Tourism
- Airport Ground Management
- International Air Cargo
- Certificate Course in Fare Ticketing Virgin Atlantic/ GTMC courses
- Certificate Courses in Personality Development
- Certificate in Aviation security and safety
Diploma Courses for Air Hostess After 12th in Any Stream
- Diploma in Professional Cabin Crew services
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Airport Management and customer care
- Diploma in Airlines Management
- Diploma in Airlines and Travel Management
- Diploma in Ground Handling and Cargo Management
- Diploma in Air Cargo Practices and Documentation
- Diploma in Airport Ground Staff Training with On-job Training.
- Air Hostess Training
Degree Courses for Air Hostess After 12th
- BBA (Aviation)
- MBA (Aviation)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Aviation Hospitality, Travel and customer service
- Post Graduate Diploma in Airport Ground Services
- Post Graduate Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Service
Companies Recruiting Air Hostess
- Air India
- Indian Airlines
- Go Air
- Gulf Air
- Mahindra and Mahindra
- Alliance Air
- Sahara India
- Jet Airways
- British Airways
- Qantas Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- United Air
- Delta Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
Salary of Air Hostess
For domestic airlines it is around 16,000 per month and for International airlines like Indian Airlines, an Air Hostess earns Rs 75,000 per month. Senior Air Hostess earns 1 to 2 lakh per month which is given by some of the international airlines. Apart from this medical insurance, a retirement plan and discount is given by the airlines to the air hostess for flight travel.
Air Hostess Eligibility
- Age limit: 17 years to 26 years
- Height: Minimum 5 ft 2 inches and the weight must be balanced
- Unmarried must be the marital status. However this is not the condition of all the airlines
- Normal eyesight of 6/6 uncorrected in both the eyes
- Must know Hindi, English, or any other foreign languages
- The color complexion of the candidate must be clear
- Physically fit and must have an Indian Passport
Apply for Air Hostess Courses 2021
- Apply directly to different airlines by seeing the ad given in newspapers or TV
- The selected candidate will be called for screening of height and weight
- The airline conducts an entrance exam
- The interview is conducted for language fluency, communication skill, and personality test. Also, the logic of the candidate is tested.
- The selected candidates will be given training for 6 months by the airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The age limit is 17-26 years to apply for Air Hostess course.
Ans. The person applying must be confident, pleasant, friendly and must have good communication skills.
Ans. To work as an Air Hostess or Flight steward the minimum eligibility criteria is 12th passed in any stream.
Ans. Career as an Air Hostess offers excellent growth opportunities.
Ans. Apart from age limit, institutes prefer unmarried girls but some institutes allow married women.