UGC NET June 2020 exam dates for June session have been released by the National Testing Agency(NTA). The NTA will conduct UGC NET 2020 on behalf of the University Grant Commission (UGC) two times every year. UGC Net June Exam going to held from 15th to 20th June 2020. Candidates can check the exam dates to prepare for these exams as per the exam schedule.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Key Dates
NTA UGC NET Exam is an online exam consisting of two papers – Paper-1 and Paper-2 conducted in a single session (No break between Paper-1 & Paper-2).
UGC NET 2020 June Session Application Form will be released on 16th March 2020. Click Here to Check Application Details.
UGC NET June 2020 Exam
Online Application and Registration Date
16th March 2020 to 16th April 2020
Downloading of Admit Cards
15th May 2020
UGC NET June 2019 Exam Dates
15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020
Date for announcing results
5th July 2020
UPDATE: UGC NET 2020 (June) application form can be accessed from 16th March 2020. Interested candidates can apply online till 16th April 2020. UGC NET 2020 June exam is scheduled to be held from 15th June to 20th June 2020.
Important Instructions for the Candidates
(1) The eligibility for ‘Assistant Professor’ or for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of UGC-NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for the award of JRF.
(2) The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post- graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
(3) Junior Research Fellowship: Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/Institutions. The validity period of the offer will be three years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, for those candidates who have already joined M. Phil. / Ph.D., the date of commencement of Fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
UGC-NET Eligibility criteria
Interested candidates appearing for UGC NET 2020 need to fulfill the eligibility criteria which are mentioned below:
(1) General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC .
(2) Candidates appearing for the final year exam of Post graduation in the year 2020 can also apply.
(3) Candidates with a reservation should have at least 50% of the score in UGC-NET.
(4) Candidates are required to appear for the subject of their qualifying exam only. Candidates, whose qualifying exam subject remains uncovered in the subject list mention by UGC, are required to appear in a related subject only.
(5) Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form or Confirmation Page to NTA.
Age Limit and Relaxation
JRF: Not more than 30 years as on 01.12.2019.
A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL (as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in) /SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories and to women applicants.
There is no upper age limit in applying for UGC-NET for Assistant Professor.
Important Note: No change in the category will be entertained after the last date specified by NTA for UGC-NET December-2019 Application and no subsequent changes will be effective after declaration of NTA UGC-NET Score 2019.
UGC NET 2020 Fees
Make a payment of application fee using Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking, e-challan and keep proof of payment. The application fee for UGC NET 2020 for different categories will be as follows:
- General Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer) Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC, ST, PWD, Transgender Candidates: Rs. 250/-
How to Apply for UGC NET 2020
I- Register yourself
II- Fill up the application form
III- Upload Scanned images
- Photograph in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 10 kb to 200 kb
- Signature in JPG/JPEG format of size in between 4 kb to 30 kb.
IV- Make Payment
V: Take a printout of the confirmation page.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
The UGC NET 2020 exam will be consisting of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Medium of Exam: Question will be asked in both Hindi and English language
- Marking: Two marks will be given for the correct answer.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
- Paper 1: All the questions are generic in nature, willing to assess the research/teaching aptitude of the student. Candidates are tested in terms of their reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
- Paper II: The second paper will comprise questions from the subject chosen by a candidate. All the questions of Paper II are compulsory.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|I||50||100||1 HourFirst shift :|
(9.30 am to 10.30 am)
(2.00 pm to 3.00 pm)
|II||100||200||2 HourFirst Shift:|
(11.00 am to 1.00 pm)
(3.30 pm to 5.30 pm)
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be made available online through the official website. Please remember that you have to download and print the admit card, NTA will not send it by post.
UGC NET 2020 Result
The NTA will declare the result online on the official website. In addition to the result, the answer keys will also be released by the authorities so that the candidates can match their answers with the correct ones. It is expected that the result will be declared by 5th July 2020.
UGC NET Official Website : https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/