TNPSC The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu. TNPSC will release the TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2020 in January 2020. TNPSC is a state-level exam that is held in offline mode and consists of its primary languages English and Tamil. The exam is conducted in 3 phases namely, the prelims, mains exam and the personal interview.
TNPSC Group-1 Exam Important Dates 2020
The important dates for TNPSC Group-1 Exam are as per the given table:
January 2, 2020
Last day for application
February 1, 2020
Hall Tickets Released
Prelims Result Declaration
Mains result Declaration
Merit List Release
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern
TNPSC group 1 exam will be conducted in three successive stages namely
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination and
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the applicants who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
TNPSC application procedure
The TNPSC application procedure has been made online. To apply online, candidates have to open the official website of the commission.
The steps to apply online are given below:
- Candidates have to do a One-Time-Registration (OTR) before applying for any post
- The OTR fee is Rs 150. This is simply a registration fee and candidates have to pay application fee for the posts applied.
- The One-Time-Registration is not an application for any post. The OTR simply collates the candidates’ information and gives them an applicant dashboard to manage their own profile.
- The information candidates have to enter for TNPSC registration can be categorised under:
- Personal Details
- Education Details
- Communal Category
- Communication Details
- Correspondence Address
- Permanent Address
- Candidates should upload scanned copies of photo/signature carefully
- The OTR is valid for 5 years from the date of registration
- After the TNPSC registration, candidates can apply against the recruitment notified using the same User ID and Password given for OTR.
- Below find out the TNPSC group 1 Image size, dimensions and file format for photo and signature.Photo Specifications:
- Dimensions 165 x 123 pixels (preferred).
- Image file size should be below 50 KB.
- Image file should be JPG or GIF format
- Dimensions 80 x 125 pixels (preferred).
- Image file size should be below 20 KB.
- Image file should be JPG or GIF format.
TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility 2020
I. Age limit as on July 1, 2020
The age of a candidates must be between 21 and 32 years as on July 1, 2020. However, the maximum age limit for SC/ST/MBC category candidates is 37 years. TNPSC has provided further age relaxation for PWD (10 years relaxation) and Ex-Servicemen (max age of 53 years) category applicants.
II. Education qualification as on January 1, 2020
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognized college/university as on January 1, 2020. The final year students are also eligible to apply for these posts.
III. Physical qualification
For Deputy Superintendent of Police and District Officer vacancy, the candidates should meet the specific physical qualifications. Check the official TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 for further details on physical qualification requirements such as height, weight and chest measurement.
IV. Knowledge in Tamil language
For all TNPSC group 1 posts, a candidate should be proficient in the Tamil language.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020
TNPSC syllabus 2020 for prelims and main exams with exam pattern has announced. TNPSC Group 1 syllabus 2020 for preliminary exam has 200 objective type questions for 300 marks, out of which 150 were from general studies section, and remaining 50 questions from aptitude & mental ability test section. The toal duration of the test is 3 hours.
Here’s TNPSC group 1 prelims syllabus 2020:
|Subject||Duration||Maximum marks||Number of questions|
|General Studies (degree standard)||3 hours||300||150 items|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability|
Test (S.S.L.C. Std.)
TNPSC Group 1 prelims exam tests the candidates knowledge in General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability sections. A minimum of 120 marks required to qualify in the TNPSC group 1 exam for general category candidates while 90 marks is enough to go through this exam for others.
Find below the detailed TNPSC group 1 mains syllabus 2020:
|S.N||Exam Type||Paper||Duration||Max. Marks|
|1.||Descriptive Type||Paper-I||3 Hours for each Paper||250|
|Interview & Records||100|
TNPSC group 1 mains exam is further divided into 3 papers. Each paper equally carries 250 marks and 3 hours time duration. All questions are descriptive type and will be given from degree standard.
TNPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket 2020
Eligible candidates can download TNPSC group 1 hall ticket 2020 by entering application ID and date of birth at tnpsc.gov.in.
Here’s the process to download hall ticket for TNPSC group 1 exam 2020:
- Go to the TNPSC website, http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/halltkt.html
- Next, click on download TNPSC group 1 hall ticket 2020.
- Enter your TNPSC group 1 application ID and date of birth.
- Then click on “submit” button.
- Your hall ticket will be generated, download/print it.
A separate admit card for mains exam will be released in August 2020 for selected candidates in the prelims exam.
TNPSC Group 1 Result 2020
Steps to check TNPSC Group 1 result 2020:
- Go to TNPSC results official website i.e. http://tnpsc.gov.in/results.html
- Click on check TNPSC group 1 results link, then you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now enter your registration number and click on the Submit button.
- Your rank position along with secured marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out of the result for the reference purpose.
In case of issues or queries, the TNPSC contact details are given below:
- TNPSC Official Website: http://tnpscexams.net/ and http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Phone Number (General Queries): 044- 25332855 and 18004251002
- Phone Number (Tech Queries): 044-25300309 and +918754000961