RMLAU Ph.D Admission 2020: Established by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University was set up in the year 1975. It is a state university which is located in Faizabad city of Uttar Pradesh. The University has a NIRF rank of 136 among all the universities in the country. This university provides courses in UG, PG, Management, law courses, Doctoral degree, vocational coursed and engineering and technology courses. Those students who are interested in admission can check all the details about the RMLAU Ph.D Admission eligibility, CET 2020, official notification, admission process, important dates here.
Notification For PH.D Admission (2020-21)
Applications have been invited for full-time Ph.D program in various subjects run by the residential departments and affiliated colleges through Common Entrance Test-2020 (CET-2020) as per University/UGC rules from time to time. The process of filling the admission form is online.
RMLAU Ph.D Admission Eligibility
A candidate applying for doctoral course must have the minimum eligibility which is mentioned below
- Must hold post graduate degree in concerned/allied subject with a minimum of 55 percent marks or equivalent letter grade/grade point under the seven point letter grade scales as per UGC norms.
- A relaxation of 5 percent in minimum marks shall be given to the SC/ST/OBC and physically handicapped/disabled candidates.
- Candidates appearing for final year/Final semester of their post graduate degree examination are also eligible to appear in the admission process subject to the fulfillment of minimum RMLAU Ph.D Admission eligibility criteria in the final result at the time of counseling.
- Must have an under graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Must have passed 10th and 12th classes from a recognized board.
RMLAU Ph.D Admission 2020: Important Dates
The online application process to apply for the Ph.D program of the university started on 18th September 2020. The last date of fee submission is 17-10-2020. Last date to apply online is 18-10-2020. The dates of entrance exam is first week of November 2020. Candidates are advised to visit university website regularly for latest updates.
Read More: Sharda University Admission Test 2021
Ph.D Admission Fee
The application fee prescribed for different categories of candidates for CET 2020 are as follows
- Unreserved/EWS/OBC- Rs. 1000
- SC/ST/PH- Rs. 500
Ph.D Admission subjects
Subjects for Ph.D in the Residential Campus Departments are
Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Microbiology, Electronics, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics and Electronics and Business Management and Entrepreneurship.
Subjects for Ph.D in affiliated colleges are
Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, English, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Sanskrit, Political science, Hindi, Ancient History, Medieval and Modern History, Commerce, Education, Physics, Military Science, Zoology, Philosophy and Urdu.
RMLAU Ph.D Admission 2020: How To Apply
Those students who want to apply for the Ph.D admission test will have to follow the steps given below.
- Click on Pre-registration for fee payment
- Online Fee payment
- Fill the complete Ph.D entrance form with application reference number and transaction id.
- Fill important details and upload photograph and signature
- Final submission will be done now
- Take the print out for future refer
RMLAU Ph.D Admission Process
Candidate has to appear in a common entrance test that will be conducted by the university for the session 2020-2021. Candidates who have qualified JRF/NET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil or holding fellowship for research shall be exempted to appear in common entrance test and shall be allowed to appear directly into the second phase of the admission process.
In the second phase qualified candidates will participate in the interview on the basis of CET merit or in accordance of UGC guidelines. Then the final merit list will be made.
Read More: IFB Recruitment 2020
The exam will be conducted in the university campus. The entrance test will be based on multiple choice questions containing one question paper. There will be 200 questions in the question paper. 100 from the core subject of the candidate and 100 from Research Methodology.
There will be no negative marking and the duration of the examination is 3 hours. The exam will be given in pen and paper mode.
RMLAU CET 2020 Syllabus
Students will have to prepare their core subjects in which they want the doctoral degree. Apart from this questions will also be asked from research methodology.
Exemptions from the entrance test
The following categories shall be exempted from the entrance test
- Regular teachers of the university, its constituent college, affiliated/associated to the university who has completed the probation period successfully.
- International students including NRIs
- Candidates selected by UGC/CSIR/ICAR or any other regulatory bodies for their fellowship.
- JRF/NET/SLET qualified
- Candidates having GATE score of not less than 75 percentile
- M.Phil passed candidates
- Candidates holding teacher fellowship for research.
Required Documents At The Time Of Admission
Following documents will be required at the time of admission
- 10th and 12th marksheets
- Intermediate marksheet certificate
- Under graduate marksheet and degree
- Post graduate marksheet and degree
- Caste certificate
- UGC/NET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil passed certificate (if applicable)
- Fellowship certificate of UGC/CSIR/ICAR or other central regulatory bodies if applicable
- No objection certificate from present employer
- Any other relevant certificate/document
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans.- RMLAU offers Ph.D. in various disciplines at Doctorate level. Basic eligibility is a pass in Master’s degree with 55% marks in aggregate. The admission is offered on the basis of Common Eligibility Test (CET) followed by an interview. The test will consist of two MCQs based papers for the duration of two & three hours respectively.
Ans.- Student can apply online for admission website of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University. Students can pay the application fee by online mode. The student can keep a photocopy of the application form secured the payslip for admission in future use. Open the link for “application form”.
Ans.- RMLAU also offers Ph.D. in various disciplines. The admission is offered on the basis of good score in Common Eligibility Test (CET) conducted by university departments followed by an interview.