National Institute of Design application forms have been released in October 2021. It is a National Level Examination which is conducted every year to offer admission in B.Des, GDPD and M.Des program. Candidates by qualifying this examination may get admission in campuses located at Ahmedabad, Kurukshetra, Bangalore and Vijaywada. Candidates will qualify this exam based on their performance in preliminary and mains exam. Candidates can check all the details of this entrance examination in this article.
NID 2021 Application Form
NID 2021 application forms will be available online and students are advised to check the availability of the application forms now. Candidates are advised to fill the personal and academic details in the application forms. They are also advised to fill the scanned images and signature in the forms in prescribed format. The scanned documents must be uploaded in JPG and JPEG format. Authority will provide the correction window to the candidates in the fourth week of November 2020. Application form will be filled till the third week of November 2020.
Candidates who will submit the application fee in the offline mode will need to send the print out of the application form with demand draft to the given address
The project Manager- CMC,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 15, Link Road
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi-11024, India
The payment can be done in online and offline mode. Online payment can be done through credit card/ debit card and net banking. Offline fee payment can be done through demand draft.
For B.Des/GDPD course
The General/EWS/OBC-NCL candidates will have to fill Rs 2000 and the SC/ST/PWD/General/EWS-PWD/OBC-NCL PWD/ST,ST-PWD will have to pay Rs 1000 and the overseas candidates will have to pay Rs 3000
The amount for the first category mentioned above for only 1 discipline is Rs 2000 and two disciplines are Rs 4000 and for the other two categories it is Rs 10000 and Rs 2000 and Rs 3000 and Rs 6000 respectively.
NID 2021 Eligibility
- Indian Nationals in General Category and General EWS Category candidates born on or after 1 July 2001 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates born on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category candidates born on or after 1 July 1996 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category candidates born on or after 1 July 2001 are eligible to apply for admission
- Candidates who have passed or will appear in 10+2 in qualifying examination in the academic year are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed in subjects such as science, arts, commerce, humanities, etc.
- Indian Nationals in General Category & General EWS Category candidates born on or after 1 July 1991 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC- NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates born on or after 1 July 1988 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Indian Nationals in Person with Disabilities (PwD) Reserved Category candidates born on or after 1 July 1986 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category candidates born on or after 1 July 19901 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree of minimum four years/Bachelor’s degree of 3 years in any stream/Full time diploma of minimum 4 years of duration in design/ fine arts/ applied arts/ architecture after 12th level to be eligible.
- The last date for submitting the provisional/graduation certificate will be till June 2021.
NID Exam Pattern
The question paper will be of 100 marks and time duration for the paper will be 3 hours. The question will be asked in visual and textual type and it will be done in pen and paper mode.
DAT Main for M.Des
The time duration for the examination will be 3 hours and the paper will be of 100 marks.
Interview: It will be conducted separately for each discipline after the studio test.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus will include Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge and Visualization, Drawing Skills, Memory Drawing, General Mental Ability, etc.
For Studio Test, the syllabus will be comprised of the topics such as 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio making, Creative Thinking, etc
NID 2021 Admit Card
The admit cards will be available on the NID website candidates will have to download the admit card from there. The exam time, venue and date will be mentioned in the admit card. It will be mandatory for the students to bring the admit card with them at the day of the examination at the test center.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. NID is by far the best Indian Institute for product designing, product concept development.
Ans. No there is no need to take coaching to crack NID.
Ans. There is no negative marking in NID DAT 2020 Prelims.