MET 2021; Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has released the Manipal University application form 2021 for Phase 2 in online mode at manipal.edu. Students who want to participate in the Phase 2 examination and admission process will have to apply online before application form 2021 last date i.e., May 25. No other mode of MET application form 2021 will be accepted by the authorities. While filling out the MET application form, the students will have to provide few valid details which correspond to their documents.
During the Manipal application form process, the candidates will have to complete registration, filling of the form, uploading scanned documents and payment of the fee. Before filling out the MET application form 2021, the students are advised to check the official eligibility criteria. Registered candidates will be able to download their MET 2021 admit card later.
MET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||MET (MAHE Online Entrance Test)|
|Other Name||MET (Manipal Entrance Test)|
|Availability of Application Form from||December 11, 2020|
|Date of MET 2021||May 2021|
|Conducting Body||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Application Mode||Online @apply.manipal.edu|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer Based Mode|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Duration||As per the opted course|
|Type / No. of Ques.||As per the opted course|
Courses Offered By MET 2021
Courses offered by Manipal Academy of Higher Education via MET;
|UG Program||PG Program|
Manipal MET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For B.Tech. Courses:
- Qualification: Students must have passed 10+2 level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit criteria.
- Marks Criteria: Students must secure minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Subjects: Students should have passed with Mathematics & Physics subjects and any one of the optional subjects.
For B.Tech. (Lateral Entry):
- Qualification: Students must have minimum 3 years diploma in Engineering from any recognized institute.
- Marks Criteria: Students should have passed with minimum 45% aggregate marks.
For B.A. (Liberal Arts/ Humanities):
- Qualification: Students must have passed 10th and 12th level or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: Students must have secured minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
For M. Tech Courses:
- Qualification: Students must have four years B.Tech. degree from any recognized institute.
- Marks Criteria: Students must secure minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their qualifying examination.
For M. Com:
- Qualification: Students should have Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a recognized university or institute.
- Marks Criteria: Students must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
How to Apply for Manipal MET 2021
Here we have mentioned complete procedure about how to apply for Manipal MET 2021:
- Visit the official website.
- Select fill the form option.
- Now one will need to enter their basic details i.e. email address, mobile number, course name, state for registration.
- After that click on ‘Apply now’ button.
- A new page will open on your screen on that you will have to provide login details and create a password.
- Now one can fill their application form including details i.e. name, gender, parent’s details, country, state and complete address.
- After submitting all details, one will have to upload documents i.e. passport size photograph & signature in the specified format.
- Now students have to fill course choices.
- Fill course selection details carefully and choose the exam center as per your preferences.
- Now one can proceed to fee payment.
- Choose payment mode either online or offline and then fill details.
- Verify and recheck all details you have entered before final submission of application form.
- Take printout of the filled application for future reference.
- Fee payment can be done through online or offline both modes.
- Online fee can be paid via credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Students can also submit offline fee through Demand Draft.
- Application fee is non- refundable under any circumstances.
- Students can know fee structure in the below table:
Category Application Fee For General category candidates Rs 2000 (Rs. 600 course fee, test fee Rs. 1400) For Foreign/ NRI/ NRI sponsored category Rs. 2500
Documents Required MET 2021 For Application Form:
Here candidates can check list of documents required during filling Manipal MET 2021 application from:
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Graduation mark sheet
- Date of birth proof
- Valid email ID and mobile No.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned signature, etc
MET 2021 Important Dates
The authority has released the important dates of MET 2021 for all courses;
|MET 2021 Events||MET 2021 Dates|
|Start of online registrations for MET 2021||Phase 1 – 11-Dec-2020
Phase 2 – 11-Apr-2021
|Final date to submit MET 2021 application form||Phase 1 – 10-Apr-2021
Phase 2 – 25-May-2021
|MET 2021 Slot Booking||Phase 1 – 08-Apr-2021 to 12-Apr-2021
Phase 2 – 03-Jun-2021 to 06-06-2021
|MET 2021 hall ticket release||Phase 1 – 08-Apr-2021 to 12-Apr-2021
Phase 2 – 03-Jun-2021 to 06-06-2021
|MET 2021||Phase 1 – 16-Apr-2021 to 20-Apr-2021
Phase 2 – 09-Jun-2021 to 15-Jun-2021
MET Exam Pattern 2021
Manipal Academy of Higher Education will conduct the exam in computer based mode. The question paper will contain 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and General Aptitude. Applicants will be allotted 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the examination.
- MET will be in English medium.
- Questions will be objective in nature i.e. multiple choice questions (MCQ type). Candidate must choose the right or closest to the right answer from among the choices given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Each question carries 4 marks and the right answer will be awarded 4 marks.
For MET weightage of each subject for the degree courses B.Tech, B.Pharm, PharmD is mentioned below;
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
MET Syllabus 2021
The syllabus for MET is prescribed by the coordinating body i.e. Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- B. Tech and other courses syllabus will be comprised Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry & General English.
- The syllabus is based on the 10+2 level followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities.
Brief Syllabus on UG degree is given below:
- For Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Force and Motion, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems & Experimental Skills.
- For Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- For Mathematics: Partial Functions, Logarithms, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Analytical Geometry, Limits & Continuity, Trigonometry, Vectors, Circles, Differentiation, Integration, Probability.
- For General English: spotting of errors, vocabulary and sentence improvement.
Ans Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2021 will be conducted from April 16 to 20 (Phase 1) and June 9 to 15 (Phase 2).
Ans The university examination cell will confirm the success of your application form submission via email and SMS. Applicants will receive a confirmation message on the email id and mobile number filled in application form.
Ans Yes, there is negative marking for ME/M.Tech entrance exam only. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Whereas, there is no negative marking for the rest of the programs at Manipal.
Ans No, candidates do not have to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.