Masters of Public Health (MPH) is a two-year integrated program which offers structural knowledge about public health and provides students with the rightful skill sets and exposure to real-world problems in public health.
This course is a multi-disciplinary course as it offers study from various subjects such as Medicine, Information Technology, Management, Social Science, Social Issues etc. The main aim of this program is to promote sensitive issues such as health promotion, public health management, sanitation, health policy, health economics, epidemiology and biostatistics among others.
Masters of Public Health is a suitable career choice for students who aspire to work in federal, state and international health organizations and research institutions.
MPH Admissions 2021: How to Apply?
The steps for admission in MPH course includes:
- Apply on official website
- Appear in entrance exam and score well
- Second round will be personal interview and counseling.
- Based on the score of students in both rounds, students will be selected for admission.
- Colleges will give admission offers to students. Pay fees and confirm your admission.
Master of Public Health (MPH) Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Qualification Required is to have a Bachelor’s degree in any health/ science stream.
- Minimum Marks Required ranges from 50% to 60%.
- The student is required to have a permanent or provisional registration of MBBS or equivalent qualification with the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- The student must have 1 year of experience certificate.
Master of Public Health (MPH): Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any Health Science discipline, completed from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after qualification of a relevant entrance test and merit ranking|
|Course Fee||INR 3 to 6 Lacs p.a.|
|Average Starting salary||INR 3 to 15 Lacs p.a.|
|Top recruiting companies||WHO, McKinsey & Company, UN Children’s Fund, PHFI, The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, etc.|
MPH Admissions 2021: Important Preparation Tips
- Students must have a decent percentage in graduation.
- Make a list of colleges you want to join for the course. Read the admission brochure for the same carefully.
- Prepare well in advance for MPH entrance exam.
- Study as per entrance exam syllabus and latest paper pattern.
- Use all the available online resources like past year papers, mock tests, etc
Master of Public Health(MPH): Top Institutes
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees (in INR)|
|Indian Institute of Public Health||Gandhi Nagar||2.2 Lacs|
|Manipal University||Manipal||2.65 Lacs|
|University of Lucknow||Lucknow||50,000|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||Jaipur||36,000|
|Paravara Institute of Medical Sciences||Ahmednagar||8 Lacs|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Delhi||3,640|
|University of Hyderabad||Hyderabad||7,450|
|Noida International University||Gautam Budh Nagar||83,000|
Master of Public Health(MPH): Career Prospects
This field of Public Health includes components such as:
- Environmental science
- Hazardous waste inspection and control
- Health-related administration, legislation, laws
- Biosecurity, epidemiology, community activism
- Sanitarian, disease specialization
- Public health education
- Disease analysis
- Food service, and coordination.
Ans MPH course can be taken up by only those students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in any of the health sciences such as MBBS, BPT, Nursing, BDS, Pharmacy, Allied Sciences, etc.
Ans You can surely work at hospitals and other health facilities area that handles notions like wellness, illness, nutrition, and complete health consciousness. There are also many firms that hire social workers who own a master’s degree in public health that place workers in different sections for case management.
Ans Most public health master’s programs require about two years of full-time study.
Ans Students applying to graduate school for public health usually must take the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE). The GRE tests the basic knowledge of prospective graduate and business school students.