Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) will conduct JEST 2021. It is a national level entrance examination which is conducted every year. Through this examination admission will be offered in Ph.D and integrated Ph.D courses in physics and theoretical computer science or neuroscience or computational biology.
Candidates who want to get the complete information about this article may check the details here. They can know the exam date, application release date etc in this article. Details of JEST 2021 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus are given below.
JEST 2021 Exam Date
The application forms will release in the second week of November 2021, and the last date to submit the application forms is 2nd week of December 2021. The admit card will be available in the 4th week of January 2021 and the exam date will lie in the 3rd week of Feb 2021. The answer key will release in the fourth week of February 2021, and the last date to submit the objections against the answer key is a first week of March 2021. The result will be announced in the fourth week of March 2021 and the interview will start in April 2021.
Jest 2021 Application Form
Application form will be released in the second week of November 2020. It will be available online and candidates will have to fill the personal and academic details in the application form correctly. They will have to upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
Jest 2021 Application Fee
The application fee will have to be filled online through credit card, debit card and net banking. The general category candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs 400 and the SC/ST/Female candidates will gave to pay an amount of Rs 200. Detailed JEST 2021 syllabus, eligibility criteria and exam pattern are below.
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- D. Physics – Candidates passing M.Sc. in physics from any recognized institute will be marked eligible for admission.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC – Candidates holding a computer science degree in B.E. or B.Tech. or Bachelor of Computer…
- Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc – Candidates passing the post graduation in M.Tech or M.E. or MCA or M.Sc.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IMSc – Candidates who will pass or have passed the M.Sc. / M.Tech/ M.E. / MCA degree with good mathematical skills and a strong interest in biological problems will be apt for the course.
- Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc – Candidates passing the B.Tech/ B.E. / B.Sc. / MCA in computer science or related disciplines from a recognised university are marked eligible for the course.
- Integrated M.Tech Ph.D. at IIA – Candidates will have to pass M.Sc. (physics/ applied physics) or post B.Sc. (Hons.) in optics and optoelectronics/ radiophysics and electronics will be marked eligible for the course
Read More: NEET 2021 Application Form
Jest 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Examination will be conducted through offline (pen or paper based) mode.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Language: Questions will be asked in English language only.
- Sections: Paper will be divided in three sections- part A, part B, part C.
- Time Duration: Total 3 hours will be provided to solve question paper.
- Marking Scheme: In part A and B, 3 marks will be provided and in part C, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: In part A, 1 mark and in part C, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. There will be no negative marking in part B.
Jest 2021 Syllabus
JEST syllabus will be based on graduation and post-graduation level. Candidates can prepare topic from the physics, electronics, mechanics, mathematics, statistical physics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism and optics and etc.
Jest 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be released in the fourth week of January 2021. Candidates will have to carry the admit card to the examination center. The exam timing, venue and date will be mentioned in the admit card.
Jest 2021 Result
The result will be available online in the fourth week of March 2021. The result must be downloaded online using the user ID and password.
Jest 2021 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be released online and cut off will be released on the basis of total availability of seats, difficulty level of examination.
Read More: KMAT Karnataka 2021
Jest 2021 Counseling
Jest counseling will be held by various participated institutes. Candidates will have to carry all the necessary certificates and mark sheets at the day of counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The registration process will start from the second week of November 2021.
Ans. Yes, modification will be possible after final submission of the application.
Ans. No a common examination will be conducted for different courses.