IIT JAM 2022 will be conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology on a rotational basis for admission in M.Sc courses offered by different IITs spread across the country. Through JAM, students can get themselves enrolled in M.Sc, Joint M.Sc-Ph.D, M.Sc-Ph.D dual degree, and other PG programmes. Students can apply for the exam only via online mode. The application form of IIT JAM will most probably be released in the 1st week of September 2021. The exam will be held in online mode and the total duration of the exam will be three hours.
Eligibility Criteria of IIT JAM 2022
Nationality: Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for the exam. However, the foreign students will have to satisfy the rules and regulations of the Admitting Institute(s) related to foreign students.
- Students should possess a valid bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks (5.5 out of 10) without rounding off from a recognized University.
- Those belonging to SC/ST/PWD category should have obtained at least 50% aggregate marks or 5.0 out of 10.
- Appearing students or those who have appeared in the qualifying exam are eligible to apply.
Application form IIT JAM 2022
- Students can apply for the IIT JAM exam through the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) portal.
- They can fill the application form in the 1stweek of September 2021 by visiting the portal.
- Students will be required to first register for the exam by providing their name, valid email address, mobile number and password.
- Once the registration is complete, students will receive a unique enrollment ID which they need to enter while login into the portal to fill rest of the application form.
- Before filling the online form, students should keep their relevant documents ready including the scanned photograph and signature.
- The details in the form must be filled as per the authentic information and the official records.
- Once the form is filled, students need to proceed towards the payment section to pay the necessary application fee for the exam.
- The application form must be submitted on or before the due date given by the authority or else they will end up getting rejected.
- Information provided in the application form cannot be changed once the form is successfully submitted.
- Students need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the concerned authority.
|Category||One paper||Two paper|
|Female/SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|All others||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
Mode of payment: The payment of the application fee can be made using the net banking/credit card/debit card. Along with the fee stated above, bank charges may be applied depending on the payment option.
IIT JAM Admission procedure
For admission in different PG programmes offered by the IITs, only the candidates who have successfully qualified the JAM exam will be considered. Students need to apply for admission by filling the application form available on the JOAPS portal. They need to pay Rs. 600/- as the non-refundable processing fee while filling the form. Students also need to indicate their choice of the programme in order of preference in the form. The authority will then publish the first admission list taking into the consideration of the order of preference given by the candidates. Following this, students will have to pay the necessary seat booking fee to confirm their admission.
The syllabus for different test papers is as follows-
Biological Sciences (BL): General biology, basics of biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, microbiology, cell biology and immunology, and mathematical sciences.
- Biology (10+2+3 level)
- Chemistry (10+2+3 level)
- Mathematics (10+2 level)
- Physics (10+2 level)
Physics (PH): Mathematical methods, waves and optics, electricity and magnetism, kinetic theory, thermodynamics, modern physics and solid state physics, mechanics and general properties of matter, oscillations, devices and electronics.
Mathematics (MA): Sequences and series of real numbers, integral calculus, differential equations, vector calculus, group theory, functions of one real variable, functions of two or three real variables, linear algebra and real analysis.
Chemistry (CY): Physical chemistry, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry
Geology (GG): The planet earth, paleontology, stratigraphy, mineralogy, geomorphology, structural geology, petrology, economic geology, applied geology etc.
Mathematical Statistics (MS): Sequences and series, matrices, probability, random variables, standard distributions, joint distributions, sampling distributions, differential calculus, integral calculus, limit theorems, estimation and testing of hypotheses.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
The IIT JAM 2022 exam pattern is provided below-
- Exam mode:Online (computer-based test)
- Type of questions:Objective type (MCQ, MSQS, and NATs based)
- Duration:3 hours
- Medium:English only
- Marking scheme:There will be questions carrying 1 mark and 2 marks.
- Negative marking:For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3rd marks will be deducted and for 2 mark questions, 2/3rd marks will be deducted.
- Total number of questions:60 questions
- Total marks:100 marks
- Total subjects:Seven subjects namely Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH
Ans JAM (Joint Admission Test for M. Sc.) 2022 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee.
Ans There is no age bar for IIT JAM Exam. Any student who has completed B.Sc. degree with at least 55% can apply for the exam.
Ans There are around 2000 seats in all.
Ans No second year students Can‘t eligible for applying JAM. Only final year and passout are eligible for applying JAM.