Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam 2021, on its official website upsc.gov.in, for recruitment to the post of Scientist B and Chemist in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources. UPSC Geo-Scientist posts 2020-21 vacancy details, eligibility criteria, and exam pattern is given below.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020 through online mode by applying on the official site – https://upsconline.nic.in. The last date for UPSC Geo Scientist Registration is 27 October 2020.
Important Dates to remember
- Commencement of submission of online application: 07 October 2020
- Last date for submission of online application: 27 October 2020 till 6 PM
- The online Applications can be withdrawn: from 04 October 2020 to 10 October 2020 till 6 PM
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Admit Card Date: to be communicated soon
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Pre-Exam Date: 21 February 2021
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam Date – 17 and 18 July 2021
UPSC Geo-Scientist 2020-21 Vacancy Details
Category-I : (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
- Chemist, Group A – 15 Posts
Category-II: (Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’ – 16
- Scientist ‘B’(Chemical ) Group ‘A’ – 03
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ – 06
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Geo-Scientist Posts
- Educational Qualification:
- Chemist Gr ‘A’ – M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ – Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act.
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ – Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- The age of the candidate should vary between 21 to 32 years.
- There is an age relaxation for the following category of candidates:
- Categories- Age relaxation
- OBC- 3 years
- SC/ST- 5 years
- PWD- 10 years
- Jammu & Kashmir- 5 years
- Defence Service Personnel- 5 years
- ECOS/SSCOs- 5 years
Read More: BSF recruitment 2020
Application Fee for UPSC Geo-Scientist 2021 ?
- General – Rs. 200/‐
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD – No Fee
Selection Criteria for UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam Posts ?
Candidates will be selected through Prelims, Mains and Interview Round
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam Pattern:
The exam will be conducted through online mode and will have following questions:
|Paper-I : General Studies||100||2 hours|
|Paper-II : Geology/Hydrogeology for Scientist B (Hydrogeology), Geophysics for Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics), Chemistry for Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Posts||300||2 hours|
There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam Pattern:
The mains exam will consist of three conventional type papers for each stream. Conventional Type papers must be answered in English only. Further question paper will be set in English only.
|Paper 1 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 hours|
|Paper 2 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 hours|
|Paper 3 – Geology/ Geophysics/Hydrogeology||200||3 hours|
Read More: WBHRB Recruitment 2020
UPSC Geo-Scientist 2020-21 Interview:
Candidates, who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in Stage-II, will be called for Personality Test/Interview of 200 Marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
- The direct link to the official notification PDF – UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist 2021 Notification
- The direct registration link – UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Online Application Link
How to apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 ?
Interested candidates can apply for the through the online mode on or before 27 October 2020. Do check UPSC Geo-Scientist vacancy and eligibility details.