MBBS in Abroad : Students Counselling
If you’re looking at doing your MBBS in abroad, let’s be clear that only 30-40 leading universities of a global repute stand the chances of a successful career after doing your MBBS. The real test of any MBBS course takes place when an aspiring candidate sits down for foreign medical graduate exam (FMGE) or medical council of India’s (MCI) screening test. These exams are essential for any student to start practising in India or internationally. A reality check- only 19% of the students that appear for FMGE is able to crack it. A lot of times there are higher investments than return, if you’re not careful in choosing the right kind of university for your MBBS abroad. Some private universities make tall claims; charge really high for the MBBS fee abroad, provide no opportunities for real time trainings or internships, and no opportunities to excel and earn scholarships.
An average MBBS abroad comes at INR 50-60 lacs for tuition and capital fees for duration of 5 years of theoretical training and 2 years of industry affiliation and training. Thus, we recommend getting the right council and trustworthy agents to get admissions in the reliable medical universities to study MBBS abroad. They can help you get the best universities at an affordable expense, supporting scholarships so that you gather the best knowledge and practical training.
Few Facts about Studying MBBS in Abroad for Indian Students
|Degree Awarded||MBBS / MD|
|Intake for MBBS in Abroad||September to November|
|Duration of MD/ MBBS Course in Abroad||5 to 6 Years|
|Eligibility||50% Marks in PCB , NEET Qualified|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Fees for MBBS Admission in Abroad||3800 to 8000 USD Per Year|
|Living Cost in Abroad||100 – 250 USD Per Month|
|Recommended Universities||Kazan State Medical University, Akaki Tsereteli State University, Volgograd State Medical University, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University|
|Recognition of Medical Universities in Abroad||MCI, WHO, FAIMER, Ministry of Education .|
- Value of USD = 70 Indian Rs.
Why Study MBBS in Abroad?
- Impeccable Education Standard.
- MCI And WHO Recognized
- English Medium Education.
- No Racism or Discrimination.
- International Exposure.
- Low Cost- 75 percent lower than the Fees of Indian Private Colleges.
- Easy Accessibility from India having Daily Flights.
- Indian Food Available.
- Gateway to Urbanized Countries like UK and USA.
- MCI Education Available.
- Better Facility than Study in Private Colleges in India.
- Over 4 lakhs* of Indian Students Annually Enrolled to Study Abroad.
Advantages of MBBS in Abroad
- The Quality: The Abroad medical universities have decades of experience in providing education in the field of medicine to the students, and still the Abroad medical university fee is very low. The experience is so vast that there are MBBS colleges in Abroad that are providing medicinal education for more than 200 years. The syllabus of MBBS course in Abroad is a perfect blend of theory and field practice. The medical universities for MBBS study in Abroad provide better chances to practice what they have learned with professional doctors right in the premises of the university. The time spent for the degree for MBBS course in Abroad is equal to the time you will spend for MBBS in Indian universities when you choose to complete the MBBS study in Abroad in the English language.
- The Cost: The comparison of MBBS fees for abroad especially for MBBS programs in Abroad approved by MCI to the cost of education in Indian private medical universities, you will realize that it is cheaper to study abroad than in India. Also, the medical colleges for MBBS in Abroad have the much better infrastructure in comparison to that of Indian universities. The fee for MBBS in abroad is close to half that you will need to pay for education in India.
- Cost of Living: The living cost for MBBS in Abroad is closer to the cost of living in your home country. The low-cost medical colleges in Abroad are the best resource for Indian students as the cost of living in these areas is also very low.
- Overall Better than Indian Private Universities: All you need to do is to pass an eligibility test for the education in Abroad. The test tests the knowledge that is required to begin the MBBS course. However, most of the students pass it with great marks and feel no pressure. The universities in Abroad are approved by MCI thus getting a license in India after coming back is easier for the MBBS students in Abroad.
- MCI Approved: The MBBS degree in Abroad has MCI approval in India. The top 10 medical colleges in Abroad have the syllabus that the MCI required for the licensing in India. It is easier for the doctors to get the license after completing their MBBS course in Abroad. The MBBS course taught in Abroad has all the factors that match the latest developments in the field of medicine. The MCI approved medical colleges in Abroad provide a lot of benefits to Indian students.
- Worldwide Acceptance: The MBBS degree in Abroad provides you a large field to explore. The top-rated MBBS universities in Abroad give you complete back support from the very beginning till you get a job. You can do MBBS in Abroad in English that means you do not have to add another language to your skill set. The universities also have mixed courses with English and local language especially in top colleges in Abroad for MBBS. The Abroad taught programs are also in a blend with the requirements of WHO and UNESCO like organizations.
- Presence of Indian Students: When you go abroad for MBBS, you will find a lot of students in Abroad getting MBBS education in Abroad from the best medical colleges in Abroad for Indian students. With familiar faces and dialect, it is much easier to get an education in Abroad for Indian students. The abroad MBBS syllabus is in easy language with loads of practical sessions. The MBBS duration in Abroad provides you the best chance to explore the academic culture.
- In Field Training: The in-field training provided by the top medical colleges in Abroad is amazing. These MCI recognized MBBS colleges in Abroad assure Indian students that the first-hand training for treating patients will be the best. The MBBS Abroad in English gives a chance to the students from India to get an education in a home-like environment while studying MBBS in Abroad.
Preferred Destinations For MBBS in Abroad
Students wishing to pursue medicine from top universities in low budget and are not getting opportunity to pursue it from India, MBBS abroad will make this realistic as there are numerous opportunities for MBBS aspirants in abroad to live their dream in low-budget government/private medical universities in abroad. Students can flourish it in a better way from abroad as the education quality and the recognition it has is commendable.
MBBS in Russia
Russia, the largest country in the world, has been a top destination for Indian medical aspirants when it comes to studying MBBS abroad. MBBS in Russia is an excellent option for those who want global exposure and an MBBS degree recognized by the World Health Organization, the Medical Council of India and other prominent medical bodies across the globe. Where an MBBS degree in an Indian private medical college may cost you up to 25 lakhs to 1.5 crores, you need to arrange only around 18 to 25 lakhs for pursuing MBBS in Russia at a top-ranked medical university or college. A stable economy of the country ensures that students get the best opportunities to work here after completing their degrees.
The following are some other convincing reasons to pursue MBBS in Russia:
- No donation
- No entrance exams
- Best quality medical education
- State of the art infrastructure
- Lower tuition fees when compared to Indian private colleges
- Global exposure
- Scholarship options
- Easy admission process
- Good political relations with India
- English as the medium of instruction
- 1:7 student-teacher ration
- Globally recognized degrees
- European standards of living
- Multicultural society
- Welcoming natives
- Excellent climate
Recommended Universities for MBBS in Russia
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||TUITION FEES PER YEAR||HOSTEL FEES PER YEAR|
|Altai State Medical University||3700 USD||500 USD|
|Bashkir State Medical University||3500 USD||500 USD|
|Crimean Federal University||4250 USD||600 USD|
|First Moscow State Medical University||10,000 USD||2400 USD|
|Dagestan State Medical Academy||3000 USD||1000 USD|
|Irkutsk State Medical University||4000 USD||800 USD|
|Kazan Federal University||5500 USD||1000 USD|
|Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy||5750 USD||300 USD|
|Northern State Medical University||4000 USD||500 USD|
|Novosibirsk State Medical University||5000 USD||1500 USD|
|Omsk State Medical University||2100 USD||500 USD|
|Orel State University||3100 USD||500 USD|
|Orenburg State Medical University||4000 USD||600 USD|
|Perm State Medical University||4500 USD||1200 USD|
|Ryazan State Medical University||4500 USD||600 USD|
|Saint Petersburg State Medical University||5500 USD||2400 USD|
|Smolensk State Medical University||5500 USD||700 USD|
|Tambov State University||4200 USD||600 USD|
|Belgorod State University||5000 USD||500 USD|
|Tver State Medical University||6400 USD||600 USD|
|Kazan State Medical University||5000 USD||500 USD|
|Kursk State University||5100 USD||1000 USD|
|People’s friendship University of Russia||7000 USD||2400 USD|
|Pirogov Russian NRM University||7700 USD||1000 USD|
|Sartov State Medical University||4500 USD||1000 USD|
|Siberian State Medical University||3000 USD||500 USD|
|Syktyvkar State Medical University||4227 USD||400 USD|
|Mari State Medical University||3200 USD||800 USD|
|Volgograd State Medical University||6000 USD||600 USD|
MBBS in Ukraine
Though comparatively new, Ukraine has emerged as a top destination for Indian students aspiring to study MBBS abroad. At present, there are more than 67 thousand overseas students from 145 countries are enrolled at different medical universities in Ukraine, of which 3,000 are Indians. MBBS in Ukraine has gained in popularity for its affordability, global recognition, and striking the right balance between theory and practice. When it comes to the class size, there is one teacher on every twelve students.
Ukraine is also known for world-class infrastructure, great education system, and a plethora of job opportunities. In contrast to Indian medical colleges, an MBBS degree from a prestigious medical university in Ukraine will cost you around 18 to 22 lakhs.
Here are some other advantages of pursuing MBBS at a medical university in Ukraine:
- High-quality education
- Experienced teachers and faculty members
- No admission test like IELTS or TOEFL
- An easy and straightforward admission process
- Top-ranked medical universities
- MBBS degrees globally recognized by WHO, FAIMER, MCI, AMEE, etc.
- High rates of students qualifying the MCI Screening Test, PLAB, and USMLE
- Affordable living costs
- Nominal tuition fee when compared to India
- English as the medium of MBBS in Ukraine
- A 1:14 teacher-student ratio
- MBBS in Ukraine as a gateway to European countries
- Good accommodation
- Perfect environment
- Welcoming locals
- Cheap transportation system
- Delicious food
Recommended Universities for MBBS in Ukraine
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||TUITION FEES PER YEAR||HOSTEL FEES PER YEAR|
|Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University||5000 USD||1000 USD|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||6000 USD||1000 USD|
|Kiev Medical University||4500 USD||1000 USD|
|Kiev International University||5200 USD||1000 USD|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||5500 USD||1200 USD|
|Odessa National Medical University||6000 USD||1300 USD|
|Ternopil National Medical University||5200 USD||1200 USD|
|Sumy State University||5150 USD||1000 USD|
|Ukrainian Medical Dental University||4000 USD||1000 USD|
|V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University||5400 USD||1100 USD|
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||5300 USD||1000 USD|
|Donetsk National Medical University||5300 USD||1200 USD|
MBBS in China
Perceived as one of the biggest economies in the world, China is home to several top-ranked medical universities that have set new benchmarks in the field of medicine. The country boasts a highly advanced infrastructure for MBBS programs and teaching methods are as per the latest standards in the world. This is why thousands of Indian medical students aspiring to be doctors flock to China every year. Another factor behind the rising popularity of pursuing MBBS in China is that the tuition fee of the course is far less than leading European countries. Students studying MBBS in China are taught in English and eligible for the MCI Screening Test after completing their degree. Over the last few years, thousands of overseas students have enjoyed a successful medical career after doing MBBS in China.
Here are some other pros of studying MBBS in China:
- Lower living expenses and affordable tuition fees
- MCI & WHO recognized universities
- Higher patient inflow during internships
- Globally recognized degrees
- Ease of getting admission
- Top-ranked medical universities and colleges
- Less duration
- A strong and stable economy
- Safe for international students
- Opportunity to explore a new culture
- Learn a new language
- No donation
- No entrance tests
- Easy visa process
- Excellent weather
- Lots of choices
- Welcoming people
- Delicious food
Recommended Universities for MBBS in China
|NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY||TUITION FEES YEARLY||HOSTEL FEE YEARLY|
|China Medical University||40,000 RMB||7500 RMB|
|Jilin Medical University||29,000 RMB||8500 RMB|
|Qingdao University||30,000 RMB||13000 RMB|
|Xi’an Jiaotong University||40,000 RMB||8700 RMB|
|Dalian Medical University||45,000 RMB||11000 RMB|
|Zhejiang University||42,800 RMB||6000 RMB|
|Zhengzhou University||35,000 RMB||12000 RMB|
|Beihua University||21,000 RMB||5600 RMB|
|Wenzhou Medical University||30,000 RMB||4000 RMB|
|Hebei University||30,000 RMB||5500 RMB|
|Sun Yat-Sen University||48,000 RMB||4500 RMB|
|Jiamusi University||22,000 RMB||4400 RMB|
|Anhui Medical University||25,000 RMB||2500 RMB|
|Huazhong University of Science of Technology||48,000 RMB||8700 RMB|
|Xinjiang Medical University||36,000 RMB||4500 RMB|
MBBS in Georgia
MBBS in Georgia is the best answer for those Indian medical aspirants who sight cut-throat competition and higher tuition fees as the major problems with the Indian medical institutions. Much safer than the US and India, Georgia is located at the intersection of Asia and Europe. Where an MBBS degree from a private medical college may cost you anything between Rs.20 lakhs and 1.5 crores in India, MBBS in Georgia is far cheaper.
Approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), MBBS in Georgia is a better option when compared to private medical colleges in India. The main focus of Georgian medical universities is to let students acquire theoretical as well as practical expertise in their fields.
Significant Benefits of MBBS in Georgia
- World-class MBBS degrees Recognized by MCI, WHO, UNESCO, and prominent medical bodies.
- MBBS students in the country are given the opportunity to get an internship in top hospitals.
- Quality education
- Lower tuition fees and living expenses
- Top-ranked medical universities and colleges
- English medium
- Ideal student-teacher ratio in the class
- No donation
- No entrance
- Easy visa process
- International exposure
- Financial aids and scholarship options for meritorious students
- Excellent climate
Recommended Universities for MBBS in Georgia
|NAME OF THE UNIVERESITY||TUITION FEE PER YEAR||HOSTEL FEE PER YEAR|
|Ivane Javakhishvli State University||6000 USD||3000 USD|
|European University||5000 USD||3000 USD|
|Akaki Tsereteli State University||5000 USD||3000 USD|
|David Tvildiani Medical University||6000 USD||3000 USD|
|New Vision University||5000 USD||3000 USD|
|Tbilisi State Medical University||6500 USD||3000 USD|
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy||5500 USD||3000 USD|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||6000 USD||3000 USD|
Disadvantages of MBBS in Abroad
In a country like India, where medical there are limited MBBS seats and aspirants face fierce competition for MBBS admission in prominent government colleges, choosing to study abroad seems to be a smart decision.
Though studying abroad can help you reap great results, the decision carries with it some disadvantages as well. If you want to know those disadvantages, read on.
- Language Barriers: Communication plays a vital role in making you expert in your field. In the field of medicine, where you are always in touch with patients and communication is mandatory, you need to handle the extra burden of learning a new language.
- Homesickness: Homesickness is the most common problem when it comes to studying overseas. It becomes difficult for students to concentrate on their studies unless they get away with homesickness.
- Unavailability of Dead Bodies: Unlike India, there are many study abroad destinations where students are not given dead bodies to do some practical work. Rather, they practice on dummies that may seem vague and awkward to Indian medical aspirants.
- Absence of Few Diseases: Many study abroad destinations are free from some climatic diseases. For instance, you cannot find malaria in colder parts of the world while they are frequent in India. Therefore, these sorts of diseases are not taught in many parts of the world that might be a problem for aspirants who want to practice in India after completing their studies abroad.
- Risks of Being Deceived: The rising trend of studying MBBS overseas has also given rise to the emergence of fraudulent study overseas consultancies.
- Weather Conditions: Adjusting to new weather conditions is also a big challenge for students. If you fail to do so, health issues will start bothering you.
- Night Life: The looming craze of discos in European countries can be a distraction for overseas students as they have no guardians to observe what they are doing.
MBBS in Abroad VS MBBS in India? – 10 reasons!
1. World Ranking for MBBS in Abroad
India is no way nearer to the top 500 universities in the world best universities’ ranking. Despite tremendous potential and abilities, Indian students perform relatively very less when a study in India than studying abroad. No wonder names like Sunder Pichai, Shantanu Narayan, Satya Nadella, Indra Nooyi and many other CEOs and Presidents of numerous world renowned organisations were Indian gems that have succeeded abroad.
When pursuing medical education abroad, you will have to do your own work and find a job that takes care of your cost of living and expenses abroad. It is an opportunity to become more dependable, reliable and self-sufficient. Studying abroad makes you an independent and confident professional. From a prey, you become a survivor in these 6 years abroad which will improvise your decision-making ability during hard times.
3. Flexibility during MBBS in Abroad
Managing your day with many academic and extra-curricular activities without your parents’ help makes you more flexible and adjustable to the new habitat. More than 80% of HR managers in the world specifically looking for flexibility and adaptability in their candidates when offering senior positions as per a survey conducted worldwide.
4. Skill Development for MBBS in Abroad
Education system abroad exerts more focus on developing practical skills of a student and making him or her ready for a promising career. Dissimilar to India, where the focus is purely on theoretical knowledge and the marks achieved in the final examinations.
5. The Exposure during MBBS in Abroad
The opportunity of living and studying in a multi-ethnic environment offers global exposure that is not available in India. Studying and working with the classmates who may belong to different culture or religion broadens your mentality and increase your level of thinking. You get to know different languages, cultures, traditions, religions and customs which bring you more close to people. The cultural diversity, advancing technology, reliable amenities and the high living standard is noticed abroad.
6. The Social Benefits
Unlike India, educational hubs in the world provide massive social benefits to its students like free health care, free libraries, scholarships and grants along with huge student discounts on transportation, food, shopping, accommodation, etc.
7. See Places for MBBS in Abroad
Staying abroad gives you great chances to see new places and visit some of the most exciting travel destinations in the world. During holidays and long weekends, students prefer exploring the host nation or visiting the neighbouring countries and come back before the semester resumes.
8. Indians in Demand
Being the second largest provider of higher study students in the world, India is a massive student bank and a potential hub of prominent innovators and inventor. Consequently, the number of Indian students going abroad has increased furiously by 256% as a result of improving the lifestyle of the middle class in India and depreciating study and living cost abroad. The number of studies abroad students is tremendously increasing annually in India and students now prefer to accomplish their MBBS abroad.
Financial Institutions also have come forward to help medical aspirants in India to study medicines abroad by lending quick funds on student rates. Simultaneously, foreign Medical universities are showering a great number of scholarships for deserving Indian students to study MBBS or MD abroad.
10. Education Consultants for MBBS in Abroad
Experienced overseas educational counsellors Overseas help Indian medical students to pursue recognised medical courses abroad for a fruitful career and bring the knowledge back to India to narrow the gap between medical aspirants and number of doctors in India.
Student Visa for MBBS in Abroad
As the name suggests, Student Visas are visas issued to applicants who intend to pursue tertiary education in a foreign country. Student Visa is the first official document required and checked at the immigration of the host nation that confirms the reason and permission to enter. Different countries may have a different set of immigration laws for foreign nationals.
Student Visa Classifications for MBBS in Abroad
Student Visas are often classified on the basis of two broad categories
1. Student Visa Based on Program’s Duration
Depending on the duration or tenure of the course, countries often divide the student visa into Short Term Student Visas and Long-term Student Visas. The short-term visas are given to foreign students who wish to enrol in short term courses like language course or a diploma certificate course confining the entire duration to 90 days. On the other hand, Long-term Visas are given for degree courses longer than three months period. MBBS degrees abroad require long-term visas.
2. Student Visa Based on Type of Program or Student for MBBS in Abroad
Irrespective of the duration of the course, some countries classify the student visas based on the level of degree applied for; undergraduate, graduate or doctoral and the type of course. If you are, say for an example, an ‘exchange student’, you could be going for 3month or may be 3 years; the category would still be based on the type of student and not the duration of the course. However, in this category, Visa is not been issued on how long the program would be for.
Documents Required for Student Visa
Different countries may ask you a different set of documents based on their country’s immigration laws. A student should inquire about the immigration laws of the host nation by contacting an experienced study abroad consultant before applying for a student visa. However, there are certain documents which are definitely required for all visas.
Valid Passport for MBBS in Abroad
A valid Passport is the first requisite. However, the requirement of the validity of your passport might vary with different countries. Some countries would want you to have the validity of at least 90 days and some may even want a valid passport for the complete course duration. Some countries might let you apply for the Student Visa but request you to extend your passport validity beyond the intended stay in the country. Other than the validity of your passport, you need to ensure that you have at least two blank pages in your passport for Visa stamping. Many countries even ask you to submit a copy of the expired passport if you have any.
Invitation Confirmation for MBBS in Abroad
All nations want proof that you have been accepted by any of their affiliated school, college or university to pursue further education. This is often done by producing a letter of Invitation for the admission provided by the applied institution.
Financial Stability for MBBS in Abroad
Host country would require you show enough funds for the tuition fee of the course along with another study, living and travelling expenses. Numerous countries in Europe have a minimum living cost computed as per government standards and students who are applying for a student visa in such countries must provide proofs that the computed amount is available with them in a form of usable money.
Language Proficiency for MBBS in Abroad
It is important for the host nation to know if you are proficient in the language of instructions. Countries require proofs that you can communicate in the language which would be your medium of study. Since Indian students plan to study in English speaking countries, you would require providing the proof that you can communicate in both written and verbal English. Various English Language Tests like TOEFL, IELTS and/or PTE are conducted in India for study abroad aspirants. Speak to our study overseas counsellors to know more about these language proficiency tests and get assistance in taking the tests.
5 easy steps to study MBBS in Abroad
Step 1: Select a Program for MBBS in Abroad
Foremost thing is to choose your program according to your interest and career aspirations. MBBS or MD degrees can be acquired in various faculties like Medicines, Dentistry, Nursing, etc. and you can search for programs based on destination, the field of study, and duration. At overseas educational counsellors present you numerous options depending on your preference, aim and budget.
Step 2: Know your Budget for MBBS in Abroad
It is important to know your intention to invest in the foreign education. MBSS in the USA and the UK is expensive. Whereas, the same recognised degree is available at a far lesser cost in other European nations. Once you know your budget, it will be easier for you to select your study abroad destination. If you have a sponsor, get an approximate outline of the total study abroad budget.
Financial Assistance: Availing a scholarship or grant opportunities is considered the best way of funding your studies abroad. Thousands of scholarships are offered by universities across the world to Indian students. Speak to our scholarship advisors to know more about funding your MBBS abroad.
Study Loans: All banks in India offer a variety of study loans and finances to study abroad aspirants on minimal interest rates. Many banks even allow you to payback your loan after you complete the course and get the job. Financial advisors furnish complete information regarding financing your studies.
Step 3: Prepare for your Trip for MBBS in Abroad
Once you’ve finished selecting the program, country, university and have arranged for the funds, it’s time to start planning your study abroad trip. This will probably be fun for you but stressful for our expert overseas educational counsellors to make your travel and stay hassle free in a foreign country for the complete course duration. Travel, food, accommodation, living, city transportation, university enrollment, communication, student visa application and renewal, residence permit and many other crucial elements are involved during study abroad. Moreover, a safe return after 6 years is severely important and we take all precautions before planning your study abroad mission.
Step 4: MBBS in Abroad
MBBS may be the reason you’ve decided to study outside India, but for a well-rounded study abroad experience, it’s important to balance school with the social and cultural learning that happens outside of the classroom. After you enter into a whole new environment with new cultural norms, new people, new food and unseen traditions, your surrounding becomes fun. Do your research in advance to learn about local customs and try to make friends with locals who can teach you more. They’ll prove to be the best source of information about the city, culture and the local languages.
Step 5: Returning Home after Completing MBBS in Abroad
This is where your expedition over and career hunts start. After pursuing MBBS abroad, you get converted into a brand new individual who is super proficient, skilled, mature, flexible, and adaptable and of course well educated in the field of your studies. Once you return to India, our career counsellors provide career guidance and assistance on MCI screening tests to start practising in India for a lucrative career.
Adjusting to a Different Education System
While participating in your study abroad program in your preferred destination, you get ample of free time to research on the topics that are been discussed lately. Unlike Indian educational system which is purely based on theoretical knowledge and has lesser practicality, foreign education systems are inclined more towards practicals, research and development. You may even have to travel to other cities or neighbouring countries to complete your research. Apart from attending all the classes, classroom projects and assignments take most your time. Once you are adjustable to the new conditions, you will not find any difficulty during the rest of the course period.
Just do the following two things:
- Introduce yourself to your faculties at the beginning of the semester. This helps in establishing connection early and creating an open line of communication, which will be especially helpful if you find yourself having difficulties during the course.
- Connect with other students irrespective of their ethnicity. If you have Indians in your classroom, life is going to be smooth and happening for the complete course duration.
Things to keep in mind when applying MBBS in Abroad
Cost for MBBS in Abroad
The first call before deciding to study MBBS abroad is the cost and other expense included. Some countries are expensive than others. If you want to study at low cost and want good quality education, then the countries like Russia, Ukraine, China, etc. are considered to be the best options for studying MBBS courses. Whereas, if budget is not a problem then studying MBBS in the USA, the UK and many other European nations is a favourite choice for many medical students in India.
Whether the college you choose is recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or not is a very important factor to consider while deciding the country. You can appear for MCI screening test only if the MBBS degree you get is from a recognised college or university by the MCI.
Quality of Education for MBBS in Abroad
Indian aspirants are always dubious about the quality of education abroad. Medical colleges we are associated with are the top-notch medical institutions and rank in top 500 educational institutions in the world. These colleges are also recognised by World Health Organisation (WHO), MCI and various other European and American medical regulators that also include many local and international bodies such as FAIMER.
Hostel & Food during MBBS in Abroad
Availability of hygienic and delectable food and clean accommodation is the first necessity to stay in a foreign country. Almost all universities provide such comfortable accommodations and amenities to international students. However, a number of beds are limited and allocated on first come first serve basis. Students are requested to book their hostel accommodation within or nearby the university campus on early basis. If you are likely to spend more on your accommodation and living then the option of private apartments and shared apartments are always available abroad.
Time Duration for MBBS in Abroad
During of the medical course various with the countries. Some nations offer 5.5 years MBBS course and others handover the MBBS or MD medical degrees in 6 years. There are also a few medical universities that offer Masters in medical courses in 2 years. Speak to our expert study abroad consultants for more.
As some students find it difficult to settle down in a particular climate than others, the weather of the host city becomes an important factor. Where the countries like Russia and Ukraine have a cold weather with snowfall, the countries like Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan have typically moderate climate. However, there are many European countries that have similar weather pattern like India.
Safety of International students studying MBBS in Abroad
It is safe for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. Except for a few countries, we are not associated with; most of the educational hubs around the world are safe and listed with United Nations Organisation (UNO) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as the safest nations in the world to study for international students.
Language & Medium of Education during MBBS in Abroad
The medium of instruction in all countries is English. Although, it is advised to Indian students to learn the native language of the host country as it is required and even mandatory in some countries as you will have to interact with the patients in the local language during your internship or clinical rotations. Learning a foreign language improves your chances of working on an international platform as well.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Abroad
Every country may have different eligibility criteria and even universities established in the same country may have different admission requirements.
Basic requirement that almost all universities around the world follow are:
- The student must have attained the age of 17 years.
- He or She must have passed 10+2 Level from any recognised Council/Board of India or abroad.
- He or She must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as elective subjects and obtained minimum 50% in aggregate of PCB combined.
- He or She must have studied and passed English as a compulsory subject.
NEET 2019: Age Limit, Qualification and Eligibility Criteria
Lower Age Limit
Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on the date of admission or on December 31 of the year of you are going to take admission to the MBBS/BDS Course. For instance, if you are 16 years old when appearing for the NEET 2019 but would complete your 17 years before the session begins or on/before December 31, 2019, then you will be eligible. The cut-off date for calculating lower age limit is December 31, 2002, meaning the students born on January 1, 2003, won’t be eligible to appear for NEET 2019.
Upper Age Limit
Upper age limit applies to NEET 2019 also. The upper age for NEET 2019 is 25 years for General category candidates, and 30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates. The cut-off date for upper age limit is the NEET examination date in 2019, which means the candidates born on or after May 5, 1994 (in case of Un-Reserved category) and May 5, 1989 (for SC/ST/OBC) category are eligible to apply. Related | NEET 2019 Online Application forms on ntaneet.nic.in, check steps on how to apply here
NEET 2019 is also mandatory for those students who are planning to apply for MBBS/BDS courses in overseas universities. For the eligibility criteria, they better confirm from the universities they are planning to apply to.
- Students must have completed class 12th or equivalent, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology, given that they have cleared the examination before the first round of counselling commences.
- They must have scored a minimum 50 percent aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- For students belonging to reserved categories, i.e., SC/ST/OBC, the required qualifying percentage is 40%.
- For PwD candidates belonging to General Category, 45% is the needed qualifying percent in Class 12 or equivalent examination, with PCB.
- They must have 12 years of study of which the last 2 years should comprise studying Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Biotechnology which also has a practical examination in all of these subjects.
- Students must have studied English “at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by NCERT after the introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.”
NEET 2019 Eligibility for Open School Students
In 2018, MCI has made changes in the guidelines for admission to MBBS courses and NEET, according to which
- Candidates with 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.’ Furthermore, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an Additional Subject at +2 level also shall not be permissible.
Please note that the Medical Council of India’s provisions in the regulations that disqualify the Open School Board Candidates along with the students who have studied Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject has been struck down. However, MCI had raised a Special Leave Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court and Appealed in the Hon’ble High Court against the same. Hence, while such students can apply for the examination, their candidature would be subject to the outcome of such SLP’s/ Appeals filed by the MCI.
For More eligibility Criteria Please Refer : CBSE Website
Is NEET compulsory for MBBS Study in Abroad?
Yes, of course, as per the new regulations, an aspirant needs to clear NEET. NEET refers to National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is important for the Screening test conducted by Medical Council of India (MCI). A student is allowed to appear at the MCI screening test only after completing their Medicine course. For that, the students should get a valid Medical degree from MCI approved colleges.
The Screening test is even so important for an Medical student. Since this test allows a student to practice in India after completing Medical course accordingly.
*It is not compulsory to appear in NEET. If a student is not planning to practice in India, after completing Medicine course from Abroad.
The qualifying marks last year for NEET were 131 for general category. Moreover, the qualifying marks last year for NEET were 107 for reserved category students. As a result, this year it will be somewhere around the same figure.
If you are a Medical Aspirant and Wondering whether or not you can Pursue MBBS Abroad without Qualifying NEET, Read on.
Thousands of students sit for NEET every year, but many of them fail to qualify the exam. And, the reason behind it is quite obvious; there are less than 60,000 medical seats in India in both private and Government medical colleges. Around 200 students fight for a single medical seat.
Here is where the option of an overseas MBBS degree comes to their minds. The main reasons behind why Indian medical aspirants choose to study medicine abroad are the lack of medical seats in India, affordable fees, and an opportunity to study overseas with comparatively higher packages.
Recently, the Medical Council of India (MCI) has made it very clear that all medical aspirants planning to study MBBS abroad will also be required to qualify NEET. In short, if you don’t clear NEET exam and still pursue an MBBS degree from a university overseas, you won’t be able to practice in India. Such students will also not be able to enroll for PG courses in India.
But, some overseas education consultants are misguiding medical aspirants for their own vested interests. They guarantee that students with a foreign MBBS degree can study and practice in India even if they haven’t qualified NEET. This information is absolutely wrong and misleading. Therefore, we at have decided to save students from getting duped by these frauds. We help students who appeared for NEET exam but failed to get the minimum qualifying score. Such students can take admission in an overseas medical college, but can’t practice or pursue PG course in India. However, the option of studying and practicing abroad is open for them.
For more information about studying MBBS abroad, contact one of our experienced and authorized consultants .
1. How do I get eligibility from Medical Council of India?
If you have applied for the admission, you need to apply in prescribed format to MCI too. MCI on due appraisal at their end shall issue a necessary certificate as per its regulations. Speak to our study abroad consultants to know more.
2. Can I practice in India upon my return?
Yes, for practising in India, you have to register yourself with the Medical Council of India as a medical practitioner by clearing an MCI Screening Test. Once you clear this test, you will be allowed to anywhere in India.
3. Can I apply for in a Government Hospital or allied medical institutions in India?
Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test you will be eligible for any government appointment.
4. What happens if I fail to clear the screening test of MCI?
If you have studied abroad there are none chances that you can’t clear the screening test. However, for some students, it might be difficult to pass the test in the first attempt. Such students can take this test any number of times.
5. Can I come back during the year?
During vacations in winters and summers, you can plan a trip to neighbouring countries or come back India and spend your holiday’s at home. Speak to our advisors to know the details of the vacations and semester holidays in different countries abroad.
MBBS in Abroad Fees-2019, MBBS Abroad, TOP 6 YEARS MBBS Universities ABROAD, MBBS Admission in Abroad, MBBS in Abroad for Indian Students 2019-20, Admission In Top Medical Universities In Abroad , MBBS from Abroad ENGLISH MEDIUM, Study MBBS in Abroad Academic Year 2019/20, Study in Abroad, ABROAD MBBS, Tuition Fee in Abroad, Study MBBS in Abroad 2019-2020, MBBS Abroad in Abroad, MBBS in Abroad, TOP Abroadn MBBS College,Medical Schools Abroad MCI, FAIMER, WHO, IMED