Tips to Prepare for NEET 2020-21 without Coaching
National Eligibility Entrance Test or NEET is a medical entrance exam held on a national level. This exam is conducted by NTA; National Testing Agency for admissions of MBBS/BDS into all MCI/DCI approved colleges of India. Over 12 lakhs candidates apply for net every year.
The exam paper has 180 questions from biology, physics, chemistry, and botany. Just because NTA has taken over the examination, many people might think that several things are going to change in the year NEET 2020-21 like the mode of the exam and the frequency of it.
Nevertheless, students of class 11 and 12 shouldn’t get anxious or panic. Rather they need to concentrate on preparing themselves for the entrance examination.
Tips to Prepare for the Exam
Here are some tips that will help you to study for the exam and do well in it.
- One of the primary mistakes made by students is that they think that they are going to study everything in coaching or tuition. It is important to pay attention to what is going on in your classes. Understand what is being taught and then leave the extra for some self-studying. The syllabus students have in 11-12 is a large jump from what they studied in class 10. This is the reason any kind of knowledge you gain can prove to be valuable.
- One of the most crucial things that you need to cover in your syllabus for NEET is NCERT books of biology, physics, and chemistry that are taught in class 11-12. They cover a broad range of topics. However, if NCERT isn’t prescribed by the board you study in; you refer to the ones prescribed by the board but get one NCERT, too.
- Make sure that you create a strategy and then follow it. If you are able to follow the strategy that you have made, no one will be able to stop you. Make sure that you stay away from TV and games that are available over the internet such as LeoVegas Mobile Book of Dead that comes with great bonus and entertainment for players. The features can keep you hooked up to the game for long. This can lead to time wastage and it is better to try them out after your exam.
Strategies for Preparing for NEET
There are a few strategies that you need to follow when you prepare for NEET.
- The first thing that you need to do is create a time table and then follow it religiously. The timetable that you will make will depend on your sleeping habits and daily activities.
- Chalk out a monthly goal. Make sure that you study everything which has been taught in school. When you are done with a certain topic, practice MCQs and important questions.
- It is important to do self-assessment. This will help you to know about your weakness and your strengths. This can be done by taking mock tests and MCQs.
- When you know about the weaknesses you have, take the help of your mentor or teacher at school teaching you the particular topic. Generally, the problem is associated with understanding the concept. When you have a clear conception about it, you will be to solve the questions in a better manner. Keep in mind practice is the key to success.
What is the Exam Pattern of NEET?
If you are appearing for NEET 2020-21, you need to know about the exam pattern prior to starting with the preparation.
- NEET is conducted offline, through pen and paper.
- There are objective types of questions.
- The question paper is available in different languages such as Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Urdu.
- There are going to be a total of 180 questions.
- The total marks for the exam is 720.
- It is going to be conducted for 72 hours.
- Every correct answer is going to provide you with 4 marks.
- 1 mark is deducted every time you give a wrong answer.
Keep in mind that if you are studying all by yourself, you will require a lot of determination and focus. However, you should not be too hard on yourself. You can take a day or two off, as long as you maintain your focus and keep yourself on track.