Candidates waiting for admission and counselling process to secure NEET 2019 MBBS seats in government colleges must also keep an eye out for admission procedure of their native state. If you are a domicile holder or native student of Tamil Nadu and seek admission in top state medical colleges, then you can check all the details regarding Tamil Nadu MBBS admission 2019 here. Check Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2019, selection procedure on the basis of NEET result 2019 and other Tamil Nadu MBBS admission 2019 details below.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2019:
Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu offer some of the best medical colleges in India that can help candidates pursue excellent careers in the medical field. Admission will be done on the basis of Tamil Nadu state merit lists and NEET 2019 cut-offs. Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2019 will begin soon and application details are given below along with the important dates and eligibility criteria.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Important Dates 2019:
|Tamil Nadu MBBS admission application forms to be out on||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Deadline to fill Tamil Nadu MBBS admission application forms||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Document verification for Tamil Nadu MBBS admission to begin from||3rd week of June 2019|
|Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list to be announced on||4th Week of June 2019|
|Tamil Nadu MBBS admission choice filling to begin from||1st Week of July 2019|
|First round of counselling for Tamil Nadu MBBS admission to be conducted from||1st Week of July 2019|
|Second round of counseling for Tamil Nadu MBBS admission to be conducted from||3rd Week of July 2019|
|Classes at Tamil Nadu medical colleges to begin from||1st Week of August 2019|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Education Qualification: All candidates seeking admission in Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS courses must have cleared NEET 2019 along with the following education qualifications:
- Candidates must have passed class 12/ HSC/ intermediate/ other equivalent exams either from Tamil Nadu state board or other recognized boards of education in a single attempt.
- Candidates must have pursued Biology, Physics and Chemistry in Class 12 board or other equivalent exams and they must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks.
- SC and ST candidates are required to score an aggregate of 40% in the same, whereas, SC-PH, OBC-PH, ST-PH and GEN-PH are required to score 45% aggregate marks.
Nativity/ Domicile Holders: In order to apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS admissions 2019, candidates must possess domicile of Tamil Nadu or must have pursued their school education i.e. class 6 to class 12 from schools based in Tamil Nadu. In case of the latter, candidates do not need to submit domicile to claim admission under the 85% state quota.
Nationality: Candidates applying for Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2019 must be citizens of India. OCIs are also eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS admissions.
Age: The state of Tamil Nadu expects all applicants to be 17 years old by December 31, 2019, in order to be eligible for admissions in state medical colleges.
Also Read: https://cbseneet2019.co.in/mbbs-bds-admission-2019/
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Process 2019:
Tamil Nadu MBBS application forms will be made available in June 2019, and candidates can apply for colleges in online mode. Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS application forms can also be accessed by students in offline mode. Candidates who are filling the application forms offline will have to fill it and submit it at the following address:
No. 162, Periyar E.V.R.
High Road, Kilpauk,
Filling the application forms will not confirm participation in Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2019. Candidates will have to complete the document verification round successfully in order to ensure candidature.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Fees 2019:
|Student Category||Application Fees|
|General or Unreserved students||Rs. 500|
|Reserved Category Students||Rs. 500|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Reservation Policy 2019:
|Student Category||Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste Students||18%|
|Schedule Tribe Students||1%|
|Arunthatiyar Community Students||16% of Scheduled Caste|
|Backward Class Students||30%|
|Most Backward Class Students||20%|
|Physically Handicapped Students||4% horizontal reservation across all categories|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Selection Process 2019:
Candidates will have to qualify three stages in order to clear the Tamil Nadu selection process for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The first stage is clearing NEET 2019 exam and the cut-off set by CBSE. The next stage is applying for admissions and getting the documents verified. The third and final stage Tamil Nadu MBBS selection process is the counselling and seat allotment on the basis of state merit list. Candidates who clear all these three stages and confirm admission at the allocated colleges by paying the admission fees will be able to begin their MBBS or BDS course from August 1, 2019.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2019:
NEET 2019 score and ranks will be the main criteria while preparing the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2019. The list will comprise the rank of students in Tamil Nadu, category, admission number, registration number and their NEET score details. Names of only those candidates who successfully complete the document verification stage will feature in the Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS merit list 2019. Candidates who have their names in the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list will be eligible to fill choices in order to appear for counselling and seat allocation for medical colleges in the state. Meanwhile:
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2019:
Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling will be conducted on the merit-cum-preference basis in the first week of July 2019. Check the steps to appear for counselling below:
- In order to get their preferred colleges and courses, candidates will have to fill their preferences once they have cleared the document verification round and their names appear in Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list.
- Seats will be allocated on the basis of availability of seats as well and candidates will be alerted about the counselling procedure on their registered mobile numbers and email IDs.
- Candidates are advised to carry the required documents and a few photocopies in order to take provisional admission on the basis of Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2019.
- Candidates who get seats will be able to download their call letters from the official website of Tamil Nadu admissions 2019. These call letters will be essential for securing seats at the allocated colleges in order to verify the student details.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Documents Required 2019:
- NEET scorecard
- Application form and OMR sheet
- Original mark sheets of Class 10 and 12 along with 2 photocopies of both sides of the mark sheets
- HSC admit card/ hall ticket
- Certificate to proof that candidate passed Class 6 to 12 from Tamil Nadu
- Transfer certificate issued by the school from which candidate registered for HSC or equivalent exam
- Permanent community certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate with supporting documents (if applicable)
- Special category form(s)/ certificates (if applicable)
- First graduate certificate needs to be submitted along with application form if applicable
- Income certificate needs to be submitted of candidates are applying for the fee waiver
- Sports certificate (if a candidate is applying for relaxation under sports quota)
- Demand Drafts and other relevant certificates
- Candidates applying for Tamil Nadu medical colleges under NRI quota also need to submit copies of their and their parents’ passports along with a letter from embassy/employer indicating their parents’ residence proof
Also Read: https://cbseneet2019.co.in/bangalore-mbbs-bds-admission-2019/
MBBS is one of the most recognized medical degrees in India and there is a lot of scope after pursuing MBBS. Native candidates have a better chance of securing seats in Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions and securing a bright career in the medical field. Stay tuned with Cbseneet2019 for more updates regarding admission in Tamil Nadu medical colleges.