NEET Cut-off 2020 : The National Testing Agency has finally become successful in conducting the national level NEET examination for the academic year 2020-21.There has been a lot of confusion regarding the exam among candidates. A number of petitions went to the supreme court level for postponing the examination. However, finally after postponing for a number of times, NEET 2020 took place on 13/09/2020.
Around 16 lakh candidates registered this year for NEET 2020. And 85-90% of them has also written the exam.
Now there has been a huge excitement among candidates regarding the date of result announcements. The NTA will hopefully publish the official answer key very soon.
Also if we take into notice, this year the online based JEE results were declared within a week of exam date. So there may be chances that NEET results too may come out in short time. Already there is a huge delay in the running academic year owing to this global pandemic going on in every parts of the world almost.
NEET cut off marks – 2020:
There are a number of factors that actually determine the NEET cut off 2020 marks of an examination:
- Total number of students applying.
- Number of seats available.
- Overall result in a particular year.
- The difficulty level of that particular question paper.
Generally the marks are published in terms of percentile. This means a candidate will get to know his/her performance based on the highest marks obtained. Usually the qualifying mark is 50 percentile for general category,40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45 percentile for PWD students. This means for example: a general candidate has to score marks higher than 50% candidates of the same category.
Once NTA publishes the results, it will also mention the category wise cut off marks as well.
The NEET enables candidates to undergo courses like MBBS, BDS, BVSc & AH, other AYUSH courses, Candidates after getting the qualifying marks can get seat in any college of the country under the 15% All India Quota. The remaining 85% seats are for state quota candidates. Once NEET results are out, each state will prepare its individual merit list based on NEET score or NTA NEET Cut Off . State domicile students can compete for those seats in various Government as well as private state universities.
|Get Direct Rajasthan MBBS Admission 2020 Update via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below: |
Important dates :
September 13, 2020 – Revised
Announcement of result
Last week of September*
NEET cut off releases
Last week of September*
To be announced
*refers to tentative dates
NEET 2020 – admission process :
Once, NTA declares the NEET 2020 results or NEET UG Cut Off , students who have secured the qualifying marks will have to do the following steps below:-
- They will register under the state counselling authorities.
- It is compulsory to complete the registration process prior to counselling date.
- Students will have to provide personal as well as academic credentials for this.
- Then state counselling authority will release the merit list of the qualifying candidates as per NEET scores.
State counselling :
Generally the states decide individually as of when they will conduct their counselling. Around 2 counseling rounds are conducted in every state for the 85% state quota seats. Sometimes in case vacancy remains, state may also conduct the mop-up round counseling too at the end.
The All India counseling begins just after the NEET results are declared. Following the commencement of all India counselling, different states also start their counselling process. A candidate can take part in both rounds of counselling depending on his/her NEET score. However, it is to be noted that only state domicile students are allowed to take part in the state counseling process.
- During the counselling process, the students will fill in their choices as per preferences.
- It is very important that they carefully lock their choices within the time given.
- Seats will be allotted as per their preferences only.
- Through the state counseling, seats are allotted for only that state’s university/college.
List of essential documents for admission process :
- Counseling allotment letter.
- Registration form print out.
- NEET 2020 admit card.
- NEET 2020 score card.
- Original photo ID(Aadhar card/election ID)
- 1OTH AND 12TH original marksheets.
- Bonafide certificate.
- Passport size photographs as given in the NEET admit card.
- PwD certificate (if any).
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Migration letter.