MBBS in Nepal
MBBS in Nepal is an incredible opportunity for those Indian medical aspirants who have been the victims of cut-throat competition and over the top fees in prominent Indian medical colleges. Apart from being a neighborly country, Nepal has many things in common with India. If you aspire to study in a friendly and familiar environment and that too at very competitive costs, then Nepal will be an ideal country for you.
Many medical institutions in the country in Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Some of the best medical universities in the Nepal are Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, etc. These universities have many colleges under them that offer quality MBBS programs. Based on the merit, these institutions select students for MBBS admission.
Contradictory to other countries, you do not require any visa to study in Nepal. Furthermore, the culture, food habits and lifestyle is matched to a great deal with that of India. All the medical colleges/universities are approved by the Medical Council of India. Even the syllabus curriculum is similar to the Indian counterparts. There is no such language barrier. Being English and Hindi as a communicative language spoken in Nepal, students will find easy to communicate with each other even with their patients at the time of their internship.
It is essential for the students to choose the best college in Nepal for pursuing their MBBS course and also to strengthen their career. Few top medical colleges in Nepal are listed below.
Top Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Nepal at lowest package
|1||Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar||Kathmandu University||55 Lakh|
|2||Universal College of Medical Sciences||Tribhuvan University||58 Lakh|
|3||KIST Medical College, Imadol, Lalitpur||Tribhuvan University||48 Lakh|
|4||National Medical College, Birganj||Tribhuvan University||60 Lakh|
|5||Devdaha Medical College, Devdaha||Kathmandu University||50 Lakh|
|6||Nepal Ganj Medical College, Nepalganj||Kathmandu University||56 Lakh|
|7||Chitawan Medical College, Chitawan||Tribhuvan University||52 Lakh|
|8||Birat Medical College & Teaching Hospital, Biratnagar||Kathmandu University||53 Lakh|
|9||Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara||Kathmandu University||58 Lakh|
|10||Lumbini Medical College & Research Cente, Palpa||Kathmandu University||53 Lakh|
|11||Gandaki Medical College, Pokhara||Tribhuvan University||52 Lakh|
|12||Janaki Medical College, Janakpur||Tribhuvan University||45 Lakh|
|13||Kathmandu Medical College||Kathmandu University||54 Lakh|
|14||Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital||Kathmandu University||52 Lakh|
|15||Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)||Kathmandu University||47 Lakh|
Course Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- 1. The total duration of this MBBS course is same as in India, that is, 4.5 years with 1 year of internship, which you can do it anywhere either in India or Nepal.
- 2. For MS and MD course it is 3 years. For Ph.D. the duration is 2 years.
To get the admission in Nepal, it is vital for the students to meet the certain stipulated criteria set by the medical universities/colleges. There will be no relaxation provided to the students in the context of eligibility. Nepal MBBS entrance exam for the students who would like to appear should meet the eligibility criteria.
Latest Update –
- BPKIHS, Nepal MBBS Application form 2019 will be available in the month of August/Sept
- IOM (Tribhuvan University) MBBS Application form 2019 will be available in the month of August/Sept.
- Kathmandu University MBBS Application form for International students will be available in September 2019.
- You can contact us @ 9643364466 for assistance in admission procedure.
Eligibility MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
- Minimum age 17 years
- Maximum age limit for MBBS in Nepal for Indian students is as per NEET age limit.
- The students must score minimum 50 % marks in their 0+2 examinations from a recognized board/university with the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and compulsory English.
- Must be NEET-UG qualified.
- Valid Indian Passport and no Visa required.
- Valid MCI certificate.
Documents Required for MBBS in Nepal 2019-20
Candidates required following documents to get medical admission in Nepal-
- 10th & 12th Marksheet/Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Nationality certificate/Adhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Birth certificate
- Pass port
- NEET score card
MCI approved medical colleges in Nepal, the Supreme Court have ruled is Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University, Patan Academy of Health Sciences and B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. All these universities have different medical colleges under them that provide MBBS course to the students. Students are selected on the basis of the merit list. Scholarship Programs are also offered to the students.
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
When we talk about MBBS fee structure in Nepal Medical Colleges, it much affordable in comparison to Pvt Indian Medical Colleges. The fees in Nepalees medical colleges starts from 40 Lakhs to 60 Lakhs (its total for 5 years) while students pay approx 80-90 Lakhs in India to study MBBS in Pvt Medical colleges. This is another reason most of the Indian students move to Nepal for medical studies.
Facilities for Students
Facilities for students studying MBBS in Nepal is best suited. The most basic facilities are listed below.
Accommodation Facilities during MBBS in Nepal
- 1. Separate hostel accommodation is available for boys and girls.
- 2. All students should reside in the hostel except those who are permitted to reside with parents or guardian or relatives with permission of the parents.
- 3. Student get free Wi-fi facilities at hostel (24*7)
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
- Low tuition fee structure for MBBS in Nepal.
- Free education in some universities for international students.
- Get high quality education during MBBS in Nepal.
- A beautiful country to explore.
- Students from all over the world come to study medicine in Nepal.
- Mostly, all the best medical universities in Nepal are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- Students can work after completing the course of MBBS in Nepal.
- In Nepal, English is understood by the people and hence it can be used as a language for study or communication and thus dialect is not a problem in the country.
- Affordable living expenses during MBBS in Nepal.
- Chances of students getting admission to MBBS universities in Nepal would increase only if they prepare themselves accordingly.
FMGE Pass Percentage
MCI-Screening passing score is higher than other countries such as Ukraine, China, and Russia. After analyzing date of 2012-13 to 2016-17, the pass percentage was 17.7%.
Nepal is a Federal Democratic Republic and is a sovereign country which is located in the Himalayas. It is in the North part of the country, which has the tallest mountain range in the World, including that of Mount Everest. Lord Buddha’s birth, namely, Lumbini place also lies in this particular region. It is one of the most renowned pilgrimage spots in the world. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. Nepal is famous for its multi-ethnicity and multi-cultural background.
The total area of Nepal is 147,181 km2 in trapezoidal shape which covers 800 Km long and 200 Km wide space. When we see physiography of Nepal, it is divided in to Himal, Pahad and Terai. Himal is the mountain region containing snow and situated in Himalayan Range. Pahad is also mountain region but generally does not contain snow. Terai is the lowland region, also contains some hill ranges. The Terai region is formed and fed by three major Himalayan rivers.
Climate & Weather
When we talk about Climate of Nepal, it is has five climatic zones. There are five seasons that Nepalese experience; summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and spring. Nepal has very pleasant environment due to mountainous region.
In summer season, the maximum temperature goes 25-300C in month of May-august. Rainfall in monsoon season goes to 40 to 55 and minimum temperature 100C. Nepalese feels 5-20 average temperature in the month of January and sometimes it goes below 00.